Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ryan Strome

The Great One

Default Re: Ryan Strome

It was directed at that Matt guy, the "newbie" that loved prospects more than vets. He used to post 100 times a day. He was one of the casualties when Dobber switched platforms...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Don't think I said Strome will bust. he's just not a PPG guy or even close.
    You've said everything but, although if I really looked around for threads I might just find you using the bust word. Here's one example thread: http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...42#post1056442

You said: "He's probably in the middle right now. Not good enough for the NHL but too good for the OHL. I severely dislike Strome so I am biased, but I say he doesn't make it yet. Also no way in hell is he better than Nino Niederreiter. Strome is the next Rob Schremp."

To be fair, you also posted this after: "Never said he will bust. He'll underwhelm. Rob Schremp comment was facetious but I think he'll be like him but actually stay in the NHL."

Obviously the jury is still out on Strome but I'm interested to learn that you've changed your views on him, at least to a certain extent.

Dobber Sports Ace

Solid player but 50 points is high. If he plays with JT maybe 50 but I don't think he ends up on top line. Nobody on that team, other than top line, got close to 50 last season.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3
    JT Miller $5.2
    Garland $4.9
    Kakko $.9
    Laff $.9

Defense
    Josi $9
    Burns $8
    Letang $7.2
    Nurse $5.6
    Werenski $5
    Sergachev $4.8
    Fox $.9

Goalies
    Shesterkin $5.6
    Ullmark $5
    Hart $3.9
    Blackwood $2.8

Dobber Sports Stud

What we know is that the Islanders are going to give RS a solid chance to succeeed which is more than other prospects ever get. If he doesn't pan out it will not be because the Islanders gave his ice time to someone else. That someone else will take his ice time away.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Compares favourably to Kyle Turris. He won't hit ppg.
    I think this is a fair assessment regardless of what has been said about the guy in the past. I've never watched much of him myself but second line centres rarely seem to get past the 60-65 point scoring range.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Big Baby View Post
    Solid player but 50 points is high. If he plays with JT maybe 50 but I don't think he ends up on top line. Nobody on that team, other than top line, got close to 50 last season.
    he can potentially flirt with 50 points this coming season (mostly assists) if he finds a way on to the top PP .

capuano barely gives the 2nd PP unit a sniff of icetime.

islanders lineup is still very much a work in progress as the key pieces added over the past drafts slowly make their way to the roster .

Dobber Sports Initiate

Strome is a point producing machine at every level he played . He'll do the same in the NHL . I'm not moving him . One or two years of patience .

As for the bust comments , please ! Howie Meeker ,who was an expert of his time , said that Gretzky would never make it in the NHL being too frail. (Yeah , I'm that old )
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    He'll be better than Stepan. This will be a great 1-2 punch in 2018, with Tavares flirting with 100 and Strome hitting a point per game. All things going swimmingly, that is (which is rarely the case)
    Dobbs is all in on the NYI!! I don't buy this prediction but I am curious to know why you figure this team will be such a juggernaut. Do you figure Strome is converted to play wing with Tavares or do you see Ovi-esque 1st unit PP production getting his point totals to that almost unattainable level for a 2nd line C?