• MacKinnon

6 14.29%
  • McDavid

1 2.38%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Next 100 point player

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Next 100 point player

Patrick Kane needs to be in this discussion too. He had a stretch of 100 points in 83 games over last season and this one. Not a sure thing by any means but the talent and supporting cast is there for it to happen if all breaks well.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    Since nobody really knows

I'm Going with Taylor Hall.

IF Schultz becomes the D we think he can/could be and RNH and Eberle stay healthy..why not....

He is not in the same class of player of Stamkos or Tavares but who tought Okposo will be 4th in scoring with 20 games left in the season ?

we never know....so my guess is Taylor Hall
    This would be my "off the board" pick too. Hall has average over a point per game twice already.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dape02 View Post
    you can't tell me because of one playoff that MAckinnon is now a top 5 own in Fantasy, because that is what a potential 100p player would be
    How dare you try to stop the MacKinnon Mega HypeTrain Express (tm)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Patrick Kane needs to be in this discussion too. He had a stretch of 100 points in 83 games over last season and this one. Not a sure thing by any means but the talent and supporting cast is there for it to happen if all breaks well.
    Another great pick, but they need to bump him up to line 1.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm gonna throw in another off the board vote for Seguin. He's only 22 and was 4th in league scoring. There's no reason he and Benn can't take another step forward, especially if they actually get comfortable with one of the RW'ers. Most of the season they were rotating Nichuskin, Chiasson, Peverley, hell even Erik Cole got a shot at it. A top puck moving D-man would do a lot for his power play numbers too (only 25 PPP this season). I think he's going to have every opportunity to flirt with 100 before he turns 25.

Tavares hitting 100 will hinge on getting another top end talent to play with, no offence to Okposo. If Strome develops into a good 2C that should afford JT a few more easy minutes a night.

Stamkos I think has a real shot no matter who he's playing with. There's a lot of good set up men in TB and I don't think he'll miss MSL too much.

Apparently a high end sniper is on the top of Philly's shopping list so if that comes to fruition I think Giroux could do it too, but I think it would be a Backstrom situation where he hits it once then comes back down.

Mack and McDavid are way too early to tell, but both look special. We'll see how line mates and minutes iron out in the coming years.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by petegreg21 View Post
    I'm gonna throw in another off the board vote for Seguin. He's only 22 and was 4th in league scoring. There's no reason he and Benn can't take another step forward, especially if they actually get comfortable with one of the RW'ers. Most of the season they were rotating Nichuskin, Chiasson, Peverley, hell even Erik Cole got a shot at it. A top puck moving D-man would do a lot for his power play numbers too (only 25 PPP this season). I think he's going to have every opportunity to flirt with 100 before he turns 25.

Tavares hitting 100 will hinge on getting another top end talent to play with, no offence to Okposo. If Strome develops into a good 2C that should afford JT a few more easy minutes a night.

Stamkos I think has a real shot no matter who he's playing with. There's a lot of good set up men in TB and I don't think he'll miss MSL too much.

Apparently a high end sniper is on the top of Philly's shopping list so if that comes to fruition I think Giroux could do it too, but I think it would be a Backstrom situation where he hits it once then comes back down.

Mack and McDavid are way too early to tell, but both look special. We'll see how line mates and minutes iron out in the coming years.
    To add to your prediction. Seguin has had some huge games this season. Something like most of his points come in 25% of his games played. Meaning, throw in some consistency and pick up a few more points, coupled with huge games.. maybe?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    To add to your prediction. Seguin has had some huge games this season. Something like most of his points come in 25% of his games played. Meaning, throw in some consistency and pick up a few more points, coupled with huge games.. maybe?
    Good call, I forgot about the big games. I think there was two 5 point games, three 4 point games. 22 points in 5 games.

You're right, the consistency does need a lot of work. Here's how some of the big guns compare in number of games held scoreless:

Crosby: 25%
    Malkin: 25%
    Tavares: 27%
    Getzlaf: 27%
    Hall: 33%
    Kane: 33%
    Giroux: 35%
    Perry: 36%
    Ovechkin: 37%
    Seguin: 38%
    Stamkos: 41%
    MacKinnon: 43%

Make of those numbers what you will, but Seguin clearly has a lot of room to improve on his numbers, so his 1.05 points per game can definitely go up.