Thread: ESPN Salary Cap Playoff

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default ESPN Salary Cap Playoff

I was down a fair bit coming into the final round which includes conference Finals and Finals. Knowing I had considerable ground to make up, I went Kings and Rangers heavy thinking the majority would be on one of Montreal and Chicago if not both.

My hunch turned out correct. I have since jumped from way back, to 10th place 7 points back. Understanding that I am dead in the water if either Kings or Rangers lose this round, how do you like my chances against who I view as my top 2 competitiors should LA and Rangers make the final. For those not familiar, its a salary cap, 1 point for G or A, bonus point for D man when team gets a shutout.

My roster

Defense
    McDonough
    Doughty
    Muzzin
    Martinez

Forwards

Carter
    Gaborik
    Kopitar
    St. Louis
    Stepan
    Zuccarello

Competitor 1 (Have to make up 6 Points)

All same except replace Martinez with Voynov, Stepan and Zuccarello with B Richards and M Richards

Competitor 2 (Have to make up 1 Point)

All the same except replace Stepan with B. Richards and Martinez and Muzzin with Diaz and Girardi.

Do I have a shot?
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Defense-Phaneuf, OEL, Rielly, Barrie, Stone, Murray, Beauchemin
    Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Farm- D. Strome, M. Marner, J Ortio

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: ESPN Salary Cap Playoff

Absolutely!
    And congrats on the right thinking here!

I did same thing in CBC pool... though I completely whiffed first two rounds, so the fact that I'm riding my 6F/4D/2G as NYR/LA still won't do it for me.

But in your case... yes, you've got a shot.
    Martinez could outpoint Voynov by 1-2 pts.
    But Stepan/Zucc can definitely output the Richards sisters by 5-8pts.

Go-go-Stepan!!!

Out of curiousity - how many people entered?
    And what is the prize for winning?

EDIT: Shit dude, I found your team.
    It's not listed in the ESPN Playoff Pool... it's in the TSN Playoff Pool (visible through ESPN).
    That's for a $27,000 KIA.

Shit dude... shit... that's insane nut balls!
    27k kia race.png

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Simple math says 42,000 +/-

Winner gets a KIA SOUL Luxury Edition ARV $29,000.00

Second gets zilch lol.

I would likely hold the tiebreaker if we ended up tied. Its a long shot. But something to cheer for in the playoffs since the Jets or Stars didn't make it.
    12 Team H2H Keep 15- 25 man Roster- G,A,+/-, PIM, HITS, BLK,GWG,SOG HT, DEF,PPP, SHP, TOI, GAA,GA, WINS,SV, SO,SV%

Forwards- Giroux, Pacioretty, McDavid, Johansen, Landeskog, Yakupov, Barkov, Foligno, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon Kreider, Draisidl, Tervainen, Nelson, Zajac

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks Penguin... I am thinking it would be most beneficial for shorter series in Conference Finals and then drag out a 7 game final. Hopefully with no Ranger Shutouts.

That's not hoping for too much is it? lol

Goal- Dubnyk, Talbot

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by maddysdaddy View Post
    Thanks Penguin... I am thinking it would be most beneficial for shorter series in Conference Finals and then drag out a 7 game final.
    Well... considering you have 3 NYR/3 LA forwards and leader has 2 NYR/4 LA forwards... I think you need that NYR-MON series to extend a bit so you can soak more points from Stepan/Zucc.
    Ideally, you are rooting for Montreal to steal a high-scoring game or two.

(Of course, you NEED LA to come through as well)

But I think it comes down to Stepan/Zucc vs. Richards/Richards.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Need an update, how's your in the standings?

You got the Kings/Rangers final you needed and Stepan's super-human jaw healed itself Wolverine style. Hope you take this down!
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's actually almost impossible to tell from quick glance.
    He's down at 44th place (I'm looking at standings now)... but most teams in the top of standings probably picked Patrick Kane - who had 10pts in the final four games of the CHI series.

If LA had eliminated CHI quickly... he had a chance.
    But there are a slew of teams that cashed in on Pat Kane's 10pts (in the last four games of that CHI/LA series).
    And even his players on NYR or LA ain't going to get that in their two rounds combined.