Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug 17s

Price out of the series.

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 33s

Carey Price is out for the entire Eastern Conference final.

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 1m

Carey Price is out for the series, per Michel Therrien.

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Carey Price OUT for rest of series

Time to send Prust straight through Lundqvist - level the playing field. Is Price the 3rd of 4th goalie Kreider has blasted into full speed?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Time to send Prust straight through Lundqvist - level the playing field. Is Price the 3rd of 4th goalie Kreider has blasted into full speed?
    Fung, I don't think they'll stoop to that level. Refs are now keeping a close eye on this now (e.g. Toews call last night). They need to focus on getting some goals and clogging up the neutral zone so the Rangers aren't flying down so fast through it, not exacting revenge. It was a hockey play by Kreider, wasn't mailcious. Gallagher and Gionta have done that same play many times this year. Gallagher actually led the league in goaltender interference penalties in 13-14.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, unless Budaj can pull a rabbit out of his arse, this series just took a major turn towards the Rangers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Wow. Total bummer for the Habs. Even if Budaj can play well, it'll be deflating.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Master

1) I was watching that game and cannot believe no one piled onto Kreider and fed him like 50 shots to the head. Kreider went in feet first after the shot and basically ran Price's leg into the post. I seriously couldn't believe how there was no pileup after that.

2) I'm sending Bourque in at full speed on Lundqvist. Like for real. WTF is that? How the hell do you let the Rangers get away with something like that?... Unreal.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    What is that have to do with it? Kreider skates hard and was tripped. There is absolutely no intent here to injure. I am sorry for the terse response but I keep seeing this huge discussion on the web about the play and I just don't get it. This was an accident. Plain and simple. It is the job of the Dmen to stop Kreider. Just my 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Fung, I don't think they'll stoop to that level. Refs are now keeping a close eye on this now (e.g. Toews call last night). They need to focus on getting some goals and clogging up the neutral zone so the Rangers aren't flying down so fast through it, not exacting revenge. It was a hockey play by Kreider, wasn't mailcious. Gallagher and Gionta have done that same play many times this year. Gallagher actually led the league in goaltender interference penalties in 13-14.
    The shot was a hockey play but he didn't exactly do much to avoid injuring Price. He led skates first right into the right pad... Let's just say it was a hockey play with fortunate results for Kreider?... The contact seemed "accidentally on purpose...", and I was shocked to see there wasn't a gang up on Kreider. Shocked. How do you let an opposing player go right at Price like that...? WTF...
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Holy shnikeys... good thing I went gung-ho NYR for my Eastern picks in the CBC pool.

Dobber Sports Genius

Well, that sucks. Hard to see the Canadiens coming back from that. The Rangers aren't exactly an unbeatable force, but the drop off from Price to Budaj is significant.

agentzero, the Habs aren't really that kind of team, in my opinion, i.e. a team that defends itself and/or retaliates. I'm not at all surprised. They don't have it in them, but they should. What happened was unacceptable.

Dobber Sports Monster

Budaj is not the starter 100% yet. They may let Tokarski play.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well, unless Budaj can pull a rabbit out of his arse, this series just took a major turn towards the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by RangerFan View Post
    What is that have to do with it? Kreider skates hard and was tripped. There is absolutely no intent here to injure. I am sorry for the terse response but I keep seeing this huge discussion on the web about the play and I just don't get it. This was an accident. Plain and simple. It is the job of the Dmen to stop Kreider. Just my 2 cents.
    While I agree the DMEN should help protect Price, look at the play again. No one tripped Kreider. He slid on his a**. Remember when Kreider elbowed Fleury last series....? Um, yeah...It was an "accidentally on purpose"... And I ain't OK with that.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    Well, that sucks. Hard to see the Canadiens coming back from that. The Rangers aren't exactly an unbeatable force, but the drop off from Price to Budaj is significant.

agentzero, the Habs aren't really that kind of team, in my opinion, i.e. a team that defends itself and/or retaliates. I'm not at all surprised. They don't have it in them, but they should. What happened was unacceptable.
    I tend to agree. The play immediately reminded me of when Lucic ran Miller and the Sabres stood watching.. Except the Sabres hated Miller. Price is the beloved member of that locker room so I was shocked no one piled on Kreider. Literally shocked. This is plain ridiculous. The Rangers basically took out Montreal's MVP in one play. They'd have lost game 1 anyway, but this sets it up for a sweep or 5 game series. This is so ridiculous.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

here is the video of the incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4IdpqvYtM

i think we can all agree there is no way kreider could have stopped himself from falling. full speed, gets hit off balance and falls to the ice. i have no issues with that.

so the question is, could he avoided price while he was about to fall/sliding on the ice? he loses balance just after the hashmarks, and goes down maybe a meter away from the crease. i honestly don't see a way for him to have avoided price. maybe he could have moved a bit to either side but contact with price is almost guarenteed in that situation.

if the habs focus too much on getting revenge on lundqvist/going after kreider then you may as well end the series now. budaj has played excellent this year, they need to use price's injury as motivation. it's a tough break but injuries happen to every team....tampa lost bishop, stamkos wasn't 100%. bruins were playing with a bunch of rookie Dmen.

Dobber Sports Stud

I dunno. Looks like be gets knocked off balance by Emelin on the rush. When you're going that fast and you lose some balance I think it would be hard to not have a collision like that.

Just my two cents on it
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama