Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beau Bennett more surgery needed

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Beau Bennett more surgery needed

From http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p.../201405150416:

"Meanwhile, winger Beau Bennett revealed that a setback he had with his wrist during the season was actually "back to square one," and that he will need more surgery.

Bennett said he expects to be recovered in time for next season, and that his wrist limited him so much that he was "useless" in the six games he played against the Rangers. He was not in the lineup for Game 7."

That sucks. I really hope he gets healthy this off-season.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Beau Bennett more surgery needed

What a wasted season this was for Bennett. I smell a sleeper pick next year, you know, assuming his surgery actually works this time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

When he is healthy, the kid has incredible patience and vision with the puck. Hopefully this go around will finally fix it and we can see what he can do in a top 6 role!
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

I...am your father.

Did they announce, after the first procedure, that it was a 'successful surgery'?

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Guru

Hasn't he had multiple surgeries on his wrist now? I think he had a couple in college as well, no? Wonder how all of this will impact his shot?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Hasn't he had multiple surgeries on his wrist now? I think he had a couple in college as well, no? Wonder how all of this will impact his shot?
    Had surgery on his wrist in 11/12 at Denver, played only 10 games that season.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Beau Bennett (wrist) could have trouble finding a spot as a top-six forward in 2014-15.
    Bennett may or may not be ready for training camp due to off-season wrist surgery in May that was expected to need four months for recovery but the Penguins are rumored to be interested in Nikolai Kulemin to play alongside Evgeni Malkin and that could push Bennett off the top six. He missed 51 games last season and managed only three goals and seven points. If he manages a spot on the top-six he could get 50-60 points but if he is a bottom-six forward then 30-40 is more realistic. Jun 30 - 8:35 AM
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverGreek View Post
    Beau Bennett (wrist) could have trouble finding a spot as a top-six forward in 2014-15.
    Bennett may or may not be ready for training camp due to off-season wrist surgery in May that was expected to need four months for recovery but the Penguins are rumored to be interested in Nikolai Kulemin to play alongside Evgeni Malkin and that could push Bennett off the top six. He missed 51 games last season and managed only three goals and seven points. If he manages a spot on the top-six he could get 50-60 points but if he is a bottom-six forward then 30-40 is more realistic. Jun 30 - 8:35 AM
    Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    In case you missed it, Kulemin signed with the Islanders.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    In case you missed it, Kulemin signed with the Islanders.
    yea i know. I copy and pasted this from rotoworld.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverGreek View Post
    yea i know. I copy and pasted this from rotoworld.
    Obviously. But why though? It's almost a month old and has information that has passed its due date. It doesn't add anything other than out-of-date speculation. Free agent frenzy has passed.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by nosoffsn View Post
    Had surgery on his wrist in 11/12 at Denver, played only 10 games that season.
    On the optimistic side, there is probably a difference between wrist surgery/rehab treatment that he got in Denver, and the all expenses paid wrist surgery/rehab treatment that he will be getting today as a regular player on the Penguins.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Guru

I think Bennett is going to be a bust for those expecting great things. He hasn't shown any ability to put up points in the NHL, and hasn't meshed with Crosby/Malkin. He'll be a career third-liner.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think you are a little hasty in your conclusions on that one. Without Neal around the opportunity for Bennett is even more wide open. What he does have is speed and great hockey IQ, so I'm thinking there's still a chance for him to make an impact. I will hold off judgment until the end of this season before making a rash decision.
    XGL - 16 Team, Points Dynasty League
    $114M cap, 54+ Players, Year #16 - 1st(6x): 08, 12-13, 16, 18-19

F(9+3R): Rantanen, P Kane, Bergeron, Lindholm, Tarasenko, Kadri, Olofsson+
    R: Newhook, Perfetti+
    D(5+2R): Makar, Hronek, Dunn, Sanheim, Andersson
    R: Seider, Harley+

G(2+1R): Price, Varly

WHL - 24 Team Dobber League (Lake Valley Thunder) - 2020/21 Champion
    F: Aho, Bergeron, OV, Hintz, Hoffman+
    D: Hedman, Makar, Werenski, Hronek+
    G: Andersen, Lankinen, Oettinger
    R: Reichel, Timmins, Bjornfot, Cormier, Johnston+

Dobber Sports Veteran

Poor guy - All the upside and opportunity in the world, and he just can't get healthy enough to take advantage of it.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Neal not being around means nothing for Bennett. Neal is directly replaced by Hornqvist. The departure of JJ has a much greater impact on top 6 availability. Has Crosby decide he is done with Dupuis (for those unaware, a couple years back said he liked playing with Dupuis, liked his speed etc., which is why he's stuck on that line so long). If Crosby is fine playing with Dupuis still, than you've got Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis, Malkin-Hornqvist, and 1 open top 6 spot. Does Downie fit there? Does Bennett? If Crosby is done with Dupuis do they play him second line and go Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist? Basically, Bennett doesn't really have any extra opportunity now than he has had in previous years. As I see it, there is 1 top 6 spot open in Pittsburgh right now and a few players who could fill it. Bennett is just now trying to beat out Downie, Megna, and Kapanen instead of Jussi