Thread: Any hope for any of these prospect goalies?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Any hope for any of these prospect goalies?

In a particularly goalie-crazy league, I am pondering whether it is worth my while to use a farm spot on any of the following:

Gothberg
    Koskinen
    Ullmark
    Houser
    Korpisalo

Does anyone have an opinion on these guys? Favourites among them? I know Koskinen is huge, and coming off a great KHL season, so I am considering adding him, and hoping the Isles can lure him over.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Any hope for any of these prospect goalies?

Koskinen is still signed for one more year in the KHL. Doesnt mean he wont come over after that, but I wouldnt expect to see him this year. The only other name that jumps out at me is Korpisalo. He just signed his 3yr ELC with CBJ in March so I would consider taking a flyer on him, but he is still a few years away at best.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm cheering for Houser but it would have to be a very deep league before I could recommend owning him.

How deep is your league? If it's not a 30 teamer with a fairly deep prospect bench then I'm not sure I see anyone I'd use a roster spot on.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks guys. I sent some rep your way. Waiting isn't a huge problem. I am more concerned with ultimate potential than wait time. Salary dynasty, so it's always good to have guys in the pipeline. Only 12 teams, roughly 25-35 prospects each (farm can be used for low-salary NHLers too). Goalies are hugely expensive though. I recently asked the price on Scrivens, and was told Oshie+Monahan+Scheifele would get it done. I didn't make that trade, but it gives you an idea of just how much a long-shot prospect who goes on a decent run as a 1B goalie could be worth to me.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Koskinen is your man then, if he comes back after his current contract expires, it won't be to play in the minors. He may be the closest and if he resigns in KHL then you drop him and find someone else.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Wow, that must be a deep pool. I had to look up Gothberg to see who drafted him (the Bruins did BTW). Here is how I see these prospects: I would agree with everyone above that Koskinen has the best opportunity and chance to play next year in the NHL (but certainly not a lock, either). Houser's value took a hit with Luongo's arrival, but someone has to back him up. Ullmark may be part of Buffalo's impending youth movement, but not before Enroth, Neuvirth and Hackett get their chances. Korpisalo (Clb) & Gothberg (Bos) are both even lower on their respective totem poles.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy