Hey guys,

Did the following trade yesterday:

Gave:

S.Mason
    D.Brassard

Received:

C.Schneider
    R. Kesler

As for Kesler, not sure now that he will be a keeper for me because of his contract and production in a points only...do you think he can bounce back to 60+ points? Also, do you think he'll be in Van at the start of next season?

Thanks for the input!
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Ryan Kesler

Schneider / Kesler side for me by a large margin. All Canucks were pretty bad last year, and I would be bad also if my boss would be Tortorella. That team should be all better next season, and Kesler will be in the group.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Guru

I trust Schneider over Mason as well.
    I think you crushed that deal. I'm guessing the playoffs inflated Mason's and Brassard's values.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Deity

I think a lot will depend on where he ends up playing next season. There was plenty of trade chatter around him heading into the trade deadline, but of course that was under the old regime.

All that taken into consideration, this was a deal you had to make simply because of the goalies getting shuffled. I also like Kesler over Brassard so either way, this deal was a win for you in my opinion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

IDN if Kesler ever hits 60 again, but he definitely has the potential and I like him better than Brassard. Schneider over Mason seems like a big time win for me. The only area of concern is that you've taken on more of a cap hit, so that probably means you're going to have to make some moves to become roster compliant.

Getting under the cap actually evens out the trade somewhat in that you're likely going to have to make a couple of cuts that you may have not had to do if you hadn't made the trade. I still think you're better off having made the trade as you do have some very good players you can still trade to keep you under the cap.

Dobber Sports Stud

great trade for you. schneider is a very safe bet, can't say the same for mason. he could very easily flop big time next year.
    i'd also take kesler over brassard. the canucks have to be better next year. and i don't think brassard's line (with zuccarello who i personally have already traded this offseason) will be as good as they were this year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This should be a great deal for you and I would have pulled the trigger as well. I'm a bit suspect on what's happened with Schneider and his stat's from here on out and of course have worries over Kesler's injury history. I much prefer Kesler in a multicat scenario vs a point's only, god know's if he's here next season, my guess is that he is and does hit 60 again however and am fine with taking the chance. I don't feel your giving up much for a higher potential upside.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Easy win for you - nice trade. Kesler will bounce back next year regardless if he stays or gets traded.

Schneider over Mason is an easy decision - the only way you lose is if the Devils re-sign Brodeur for another year and we see another awkward season of split duties in NJ.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lopsided trade. Even though I think Kesler is garbage moving forward, Schneider is a great acquisition.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???