Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hall's worth

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Hall's worth

Quote Originally Posted by The Bottlenecker View Post
    Lack and Gibson as a package is certainly an interesting proposition. What about Lack and Lehner, or because Lehner may be closer to being ready, is that too much?

So now I know who egged my house... SergeP!!!
    You just keep trying to make the deal worse. No Lack and Lehner is not enough. You keep asking if you are giving up to much and everyone here is going to keep telling you you aren't giving up nearly enough the way your offers are going.

Dobber Sports Master

Again, sorry, I meant to say: what is the more attractive offer got hall's owner: Lack & Gibson OR Lack & Lehner? By "too much" I meant is it a huge difference because he is so much closer to being ready? I smoke crack, and can't express my self clearly enough...LOL!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Again, sorry, I meant to say: what is the more attractive offer got hall's owner: Lack & Gibson OR Lack & Lehner? By "too much" I meant is it a huge difference because he is so much closer to being ready? I smoke crack, and can't express my self clearly enough...LOL!
    I wouldn't even necessarily say Lehner is closer to being ready than Gibson, but I would think Lack and Gibson would be more attractive because there is a a visual example of Gibson right now. Lots of hype, lots of press coverage that you can ride. Lehner doesn't have any of that. I'm trying to use the same stuff in selling off Toffoli and Bonino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

To pull off a deal like this you'll need to be willing to part with some of your best talent like Trouba, Gibson and/or MacKinnon in some combination to even have a shot of getting Hall's owner to give it a second look. I sense you're reluctant to offer any of these guys to get the deal done. If I were Hall's owner I wouldn't even look at any offer that didn't at least include 2 of these guys. Guys like Lack, Lehner, Silfverberg, etc aren't gonna land you a guy like Hall IMO.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My friend...you have stuck with me through any a questionable offer this season. I'm here to tell you that your current state of mind appears to be altered. Be it the crack smoking (who are you...Robbie Ford???) or a current bender...you need to get off the 2 unproven goalie idea for Hall or risk being black listed. Redington will quarantine your ass! Move on or restructure you deal to be reasonable and relevant!

And with that ... The defence rests.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    My friend...you have stuck with me through any a questionable offer this season. I'm here to tell you that your current state of mind appears to be altered. Be it the crack smoking (who are you...Robbie Ford???) or a current bender...you need to get off the 2 unproven goalie idea for Hall or risk being black listed. Redington will quarantine your ass! Move on or restructure you deal to be reasonable and relevant!

And with that ... The defence rests.
    I shall say no more due to your wise advice...except this: Rob Ford is my daddy.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The guy who owns Taylor Hall in our 20 team league faltered this year due to poor goaltending and no scoring from the defense. I think he may break if the deal is right. This is what I thought of offering:

My top pick in 2014 (top 4 depending on lottery), Eddie Lack, Cody Ceci, Jacob Silfverberg

for

His top pick in 2014 (7th) and Taylor Hall.

Am I giving up too much?? This is for the team in my sig, so feel free to make suggestions. Thanks.
    Buddy... This is a brutal lowball offer for hall. I wouldn't insult the OGM

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

When I started throwing offers like this around noone traded with me for a solid 10 months lol.
    ***2014/2017 Points only League Champion***
    Our league is a 10 team, 12 player keeper. Weekly H2H
    Points only. Dress - 4 LW 4 C 4 RW 6 D 2 G
    Weight - G= 2 A= 1 Hatty =3 W = 2 So=3 OTL=1
    Keepers - Giroux, Ovechkin, Backstrom(C), Tarasenko, Malkin, Wheeler, -- Weber, Suter, Pietrangelo -- Rask, Schneider, Talbot

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Buddy... This is a brutal lowball offer for hall. I wouldn't insult the OGM
    Lol. Not even sure how this thread popped up for me to once again comment on.

Maybe you were starting to think it and I picked up on your vibes?

Anyway...I assume this thread is still at rest.

Dobber Sports Star

I own Hall in a 20 team keeper and as has already been beaten into the ground, this is a terrible offer.

The problem with sending offers like this is you are basically outing yourself as someone who doesn't respect the other owner, thinks he/she basically knows nothing about fantasy hockey and are only willing to try and do a deal that benefits you. VERY difficult for anyone to want to deal with someone like that.

We have a couple of guys in our league that offer horrible low ball offers, then when busted for it, jokingly say "Well, a guy's gotta try, eh? heh, heh"

NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY AND SCREW THE OTHER GUY.

I swing far and away the most deals in our league because I am LOOKING to offer a deal that the other guy will basically HAVE to do it is so good. Always after the win-win and low and behold, I somehow end up getting the best guy (most times, anyway).

Bottom line - if you want to pry Hall away, you will need to FORCE him to do it with an unbelievable deal and be willing to overpay to make it happen.

This deal is about as far away from that as is humanly possible.

And.....I'm spent.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Sage

Lack and Lehner is unlikely to move the needle much further in your direction. Gibson will. Your original offer of a 3-pick bump in draft position and 3 stiffs for Hall is pretty awful. Even with Gibson in there I think you still have ground to cover, but good luck.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by loco man View Post
    I own Hall in a 20 team keeper and as has already been beaten into the ground, this is a terrible offer.

The problem with sending offers like this is you are basically outing yourself as someone who doesn't respect the other owner, thinks he/she basically knows nothing about fantasy hockey and are only willing to try and do a deal that benefits you. VERY difficult for anyone to want to deal with someone like that.

We have a couple of guys in our league that offer horrible low ball offers, then when busted for it, jokingly say "Well, a guy's gotta try, eh? heh, heh"

NO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRY AND SCREW THE OTHER GUY.

A swing far and away the most deals in our league because I am LOOKING to offer a deal that the other guy will basically HAVE to do it is so good. Always after the win-win and low and behold, I somehow end up getting the best guy (most times, anyway).

Bottom line - if you want to pry Hall away, you will need to FORCE him to do it with an unbelievable deal and be willing to overpay to make it happen.

This deal is about as far away from that as is humanly possible.

And.....I'm spent.
    I thought this thread looked familiar......I agree with what you're saying here 100%. Yeah, you might sucker another GM once in a blue moon into making a bad deal but to me it isn't worth insulting your fellow GM's with unrelenting low ball offers. There are differing opinions on this and I've voiced mine in a few other threads but I remain of the opinion you don't have to screw the other guy to get a deal done. I hope common sense prevailed here.

Dobber Sports Star

Gibson, Trouba, Scheifele 341 for Hall might peak his interest

Thats really your only shot.

I'd still rather Hall
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue