Thread: Stastny+ for Kreider+

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Stastny+ for Kreider+

I just joined a 12-team H2H dynasty league (G, A, PPP, PIM, SOG, +/-, SHP, GAA, SV%, W, SHU) and need a total rebuild. So I have trying to sell my vets for younger guys. I have a trade proposed to me after back-and-forth discussion:

Stastny
    Maroon

for

Kreider
    Mrazek
    1st round pick 2015 (will likely be around 10th overall)

Stastny is a solid guy but I think he overachieved a bit this year and who knows where he will end up. I am in desperate need of goalies and even though Mrazek blocked by Howard he has been so good and he will get his chance. I hate to give up a talented guy like Stastny but I think I should do this, right?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Stastny+ for Kreider+

Stastny is a bit of an unknown factor at this point. He could sign somewhere like Florida or perhaps with the Sabres. I doubt he does that but it is possible and that could adversely affect his point totals.

I view Maroon in the Dubinsky lite mold, he gives you a little of everything but you can probably replace his PIMs elsewhere.

I like Kreider's upside and think he has 30 goal potential

With Gustavsson moving to UFA it does give Mrazek a leg up on the backup job but Howard is signed through 2018 so don't fool yourself.

Pick is adequate, as long as you make it pay off

I think you can do better, but its not a bad swap
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks donpaulo. As a fellow Ranger fan I like Kreider upside. I also think that Howard has been pretty erratic and Mrazek could steal his job. I know it won't be easy but in the end Detroit wants to win. So you think I can do better? The guy also has Baertschi, Jaskin, Conacher, Calvin Pickard, Joackim Ericksson, Cedrick Desjardins, Sateri. Maybe I can ask for another prospect.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think its a gamble to assume Mrazek steals the job. He certainly could but Howards contract size will quite likely mean he gets the lion's share of play. Then again I am not convinced Detroit can maintain their league ranking with so many elder statesmen on the roster... Maybe they restock things and look to trade Howard although he does have a limited 10 team NTC in his contract.

Jaskin is interesting as STL has some roster decisions to make and looks to have nice potential. Try and add him to the mix.

regarding NY, they seem to have folded their cards this season (again)
    Maybe they buy out Richards and spend that money elsewhere. Next year it will be MSL's team
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

The Great One

I don't know how many players start, or how big your bench is, or if you have a minor system, etc. So it makes it really hard to peg a value on Mrazek. A back up goalie could be really valuable, or worthless. Same with the 10th pick, even in a strong draft. Kreider is a really good rebuilding piece, though. Without question.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Kreider absolutely has the potential, but dont fall into the my "Favourite Team" trap. Its very easy to "overvalue such players" which leads to poorly judged trade acquisitions. "It’s ok to trade for players from your favourite team if you rank them to similar players". If you feel that Kreider is ranked similarily to Stastny then go for it. IMO The sample size is small for Kreider but I do see him as a decent fantasy option in the next couple of years. Stastny is just coming into his Fantasy potential. however being a UFA and depending on who he signs with could positively or negatively affect his fantasy production

Mrazek is going to be a backup for a few seasons in Detroit and nothing more unless Howards game suddenly deteriorates which I dont see happening on a well coached Detroit team.

The pick depending on how you pick could be a 3 to 5 year project.
    12 Team Capped (Auction Style) H2H League
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    20 player min, 23 Max. $60M Cap
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Kuznetsov , toffoli, staal, Turris
    W: Schwartz, Grandlund, Palat, Spooner, Rakell,
    D: Carlson, Hedman, Gostisbehere, Lindell, Maatta, Pieterangelo
    G: Lundqvist , Quick, Elliot
    Farm: Petan, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, AHO,
    4 Time HOLE Fantasy Hockey League Champion: 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2017

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I don't know how many players start, or how big your bench is, or if you have a minor system, etc. So it makes it really hard to peg a value on Mrazek. A back up goalie could be really valuable, or worthless. Same with the 10th pick, even in a strong draft. Kreider is a really good rebuilding piece, though. Without question.
    Sorry. I should have put that in. We start 16 and 9 player bench. Also have a 20 player farm team. The draft is only 3 rounds so there are left over prospects from prior drafts that are available right now that should be drafted. I imagine that there would be some good names at 10th overall next year.

Dobber Sports Genius

Rebuilding team its not that bad of a deal Statsny like you have indicated could see his vaule drop dramtically this year if he does not perfrom. However he did have a solid playoffs. In the end I don't see this being a bad trade for ether party.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Padawan

So the trade has expanded a little:

Stastny
    Maroon
    Matt Hackett

for

Kreider
    Mrazek
    1st round pick 2015 (will likely be around 10th overall)
    Jordan Staal

I decided not to pull the trigger on the previous trade but this one is even better. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Stud

I didn't see you updated the thread RF

I don't think Staal holds much value. While the pick is nice but I would prefer jaskin to the pick actually. Or failing that keeping Maroon actually...

This is also assuming that mrazek does not soak up a valuable roster spot but rather a prospect one.

Stastny Hackett for Kreider, Mrazek, Jaskin gets my attention assuming the two kids sit as prospects