Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jersey Design: Like / Dislike

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Jersey Design: Like / Dislike

Curious to know if it's normal ( are any of you the same way ) that I dislike a specific team simply because I cannot stand their jersey design? I cannot stand the Philadelphia Flyers jersey scheme thus I do not really enjoy watching the team or like the team. I am lucky though cause my beloved Blackhawks are not only the best team in hockey but have the best jersey as well

What about you? Do you judge a team based on its jersey / logo design? I am thinking I am not normal.

Administrator

Default Re: Jersey Design: Like / Dislike

Hurricanes. Their logo looks like someone puked on a shirt and they just went with it. Can't stand it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

No, it's not normal. You're just really superficial. "Don't judge a book by its cover." Haven't you heard?

You should hate the Flyers because their franchise is a symbol for goonery and everything that is evil in the world.

Well, that and the stupid nameplates that don't match their jersey colour. Seriously, it makes it look like they used a giant labelmaker to put the names on the jerseys. Dumb Flyers and their utter lack of style.

to be honest, I've lived with a shameful secret all my life. I have red white and blue pumping through my veins. But, truth be told, though I respect the Habs' jersey and what it stands for, I'm not that crazy about it -- neither the logo nor the colour scheme. It's definitely not the worse in the league -not by a wide margin- but definitely not my fave.

Banned

that's exactly how I hate the bluejackets, the stars (altho new jerseys are nice), coyotes, canucks, leafs, and a few others.

And that's exactly how I became a fan of the Preds after having no hockey knowledge when moving to Canada, strictly based on their awesome cat logo

So I understand completely

Dobber Sports Initiate

San Jose, Anaheim, Florida, Dallas, - Dislike

Canucks, Nashville, Boston, habs, Tampa, leafs La-like

Detroit - fav
    H2H 12 team 6 player Keeper League
    Goals/Assists/Points/PlusMinus/PPP/Pims/Hits/SOG
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C: Seguin, Stamkos, Couturier, Toews, Dzingel
    LW: Panarin, Rakell,Schmaltz, Bertuzzi, Haula
    RW: Tarasenko, Marner,Kucherov
    D: Hamilton, Klingberg, Schultz, Faulk, Ghost, Gustafson.
    G:Murray

Dobber Sports Veteran

Haha, it definitely gives some influence to my perception of a team.

That said, I LOVE nearly all the winter classic/stadium series jerseys except for the Ducks.

I also tend to prefer home (dark) jerseys: Habs, Detroit, LA, Canucks, Edmonton, NYR, NYI, Minnesota, Winnipeg, Washington (really like all their home jerseys).

I dislike: Flames, Ducks, Boston, Florida, SJ

Dobber Sports Deity

I cant say that a jersey affects my affection/hate for a team per say.

As far as NHL jerseys go, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that I am not a fan of is the Nashville Predators. I love their logo but I hate the color. That sandy color reminds me of baby poo for some reason.

I am also not a big fan of most teams 3rd jersey designs. Pheonix and Dallas had some really ugly ones for a couple years. The worst one to me was the Kings 3rd jersey that looked like they had the Burger King on their shoulder.

kingsthirdjersey.jpg

One thing I do love is when the teams bring back their old school logos. The good ole hockey stick for Vancouver is a good one I like to see. I like it when the Kings wear their old school gold and purple jerseys with the crown in the middle.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

canucks old skate jersey was their best one imo. i also really like nyr 3rd jersey with the liberty on it. ive always thought the njd symbol was cool even know i hate the team.
    one thing i dont like too is when teams change team colors.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't dislike a team because of the jersey but I do think the Canucks, Carolina, and Anaheim jerseys are awful. The blue/green combo that the Canucks wear is dreadful.

Guys don't like Philly's orange sweaters? I think they are grand. The Islanders have some great uniforms as well.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I cant say that a jersey affects my affection/hate for a team per say.

As far as NHL jerseys go, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that I am not a fan of is the Nashville Predators. I love their logo but I hate the color. That sandy color reminds me of baby poo for some reason.

I am also not a big fan of most teams 3rd jersey designs. Pheonix and Dallas had some really ugly ones for a couple years. The worst one to me was the Kings 3rd jersey that looked like they had the Burger King on their shoulder.

kingsthirdjersey.jpg

One thing I do love is when the teams bring back their old school logos. The good ole hockey stick for Vancouver is a good one I like to see. I like it when the Kings wear their old school gold and purple jerseys with the crown in the middle.
    You must be referring to the third jersey we had a while back that mustard one..

The current YELLOW one is everything but poo looking lol

The Great One

I practically stopped watching my favorite team during the era of the slug...

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    You must be referring to the third jersey we had a while back that mustard one..

The current YELLOW one is everything but poo looking lol
    Yes, the 3rd jersey was the poo colored, but even the yellow one they wear is not a color I like. The white one looks great, but yellow is just not a color I like on a jersey. The crests are awesome, but the yellow/poo colored jerseys are not something I enjoy.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

The original 6 unis are all timeless and awesome in their own right, but the Habs alternate barbershop pole ones and the Bruins one with the bear on them were among the stinkiest

I've always hated the Flyers, the Send, the Ducks (though much less so since they did away with the Mighty part), the Canes and Blue Jackets too
    The old Nucks jerseys were cool but I hate the new ones, I like the current Pens ones, but not that weird triangle penguin they had before

Ones I like best are: most of the Sabres jerseys (except for the slug one), the new Lightning one with just bolt on it, the Wild, the classic Blues with just the music note too.

I think in general I prefer the simple designs best

Administrator

May nobody ever try this again...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, that ole barber pole jersey was just nasty.

Good call.