Thread: Vasilevski signs his 3yr ELC with TB

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Vasilevski signs his 3yr ELC with TB

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/ligh...ract-20140506/

TAMPA — The Tampa Bay Lightning signed goaltender Andrei Vasilevskii to a three-year entry level contract on Tuesday, the team announced.

Vasilevskii, the 19th overall pick in the 2012 draft, spent the past two years with Salavat in the Kontinental Hockey League, where he helped the team to the KHL semifinal round this season.

Vasilevskii, 20, is currently playing for Russia at the World Championships in Belarus.

Vasilevskii is regarded by some, such as The Hockey News experts, as one of the top two goaltenders in the world not currently in the NHL. He is expected to arrive for Tampa Bay training camp in September and compete for a roster spot behind Vezina Trophy finalist Ben Bishop, though a start with Syracuse in the American Hockey League would be the likely scenario. That would allow Vasilevskii to get accustomed to North American rinks and the style of play.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Vasilevski signs his 3yr ELC with TB

This is great news. We all know he is a few years from becoming fantasy relevant, in all probability, but this is a huge next step.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Deity

Its certainly a good sign for him coming over to North America next season.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Bye bye Lindback? What a disappointment he's been since leaving Nash.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    I will be surprised if he starts out in the NHL, even as a backup. I can see him playing a season if not two in the AHL to get accustomed to the North America rink/game.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I will be surprised if he starts out in the NHL, even as a backup. I can see him playing a season if not two in the AHL to get accustomed to the North America rink/game.
    Agreed. But will Tampa start the season with that kid as the #2 behind a seemingly fragile Bishop? If I was Stevie Y... And I'm not...I'd be looking for a vet...back up to help carry the load until you know your #1 can percevere injury free. lindback, as I said, has been a huge disappointment IMO. But definitely a mulligan for Stevie!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was really surprised at how poorly he played once he had a shot to be a #1. I guess some guys are meant to be backups and crumble once they are given the reigns.
    Capwise Hockey
    Reading Wolfdogs
    St. John's Shamrocks

Dobber Sports Wizard

people have a very difficult time removing team effects from a goalie's performance

we have seen this with any goalie coming out of or going into Phoenix for years it shouldn't really be surprising that the same thing was going on in Nashville

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    people have a very difficult time removing team effects from a goalie's performance

we have seen this with any goalie coming out of or going into Phoenix for years it shouldn't really be surprising that the same thing was going on in Nashville
    Point well received...BUT...someone forgot to tell Vokoun that he was supposed falter in his play upon departing Nashville for the far more scrutinized Panthers. He managed to post some fairly respectable numbers there. And then turned more heads in Washington and down the stretch last season in Pittsburgh.

I suppose, however, in the end...if youre point is that Lindback...having had decent year as a back up on Nashville was GROSSLY OVER-Rated when acquired by Stevie Y...?... Then I must agree. I wonder how amazing Bishop would be in Nashville's system?