Default Re: EC RD2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Rangers

That was nutty. Brassards goal good.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah!!!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    obviously having a top goalie is better than having a decent/bad goalie, no doubt about that. but some years that's in question, when you see guys like fleury, leighton etc go deep in the playoffs because their team is stacked, and you can just as easily see top goalies like lundqvist, rask etc get knocked out first round.

chances are we will see two elite goalies in the final. what are the chances STL nabs hiller? or would the pens dare trade fleury and go for hiller? i have a feeling he's gonna get $$$$ this summer.
    I'd rather have Fleury than Hiller. The only free agent goalie I'd rather have than Fleury is Miller maybe Halak.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

rangers deserved the win, pens played like half the game, didn't seem as hungry.

pouliot, what a great story. most of us have written him off, he's now on arguably the rangers top line, over the likes of st.louis, nash, richards etc. i'm too lazy to run the numbers but it wouldnt shock me if each of those three made more than pouliot/brassard/zuccarello combined

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    I'd rather have Fleury than Hiller. The only free agent goalie I'd rather have than Fleury is Miller maybe Halak.
    lmao

Banned

I didn't see the whole game, but from what I did see, it seemed like the Pens came out sorta flat

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    pouliot, what a great story. most of us have written him off, he's now on arguably the rangers top line, over the likes of st.louis, nash, richards etc. i'm too lazy to run the numbers but it wouldnt shock me if each of those three made more than pouliot/brassard/zuccarello combined
    Seriously, Benoit Pouliot was my pick for this year's "Bickell"....he was a very sneaky good producer this year offensively for the Rangers, especially after a horribly slow start and some healthy scratches and time on the 4th line. Four points in his first 27 games, then 32 in his his last 53. His offense will never hit the levels that were hoped for when he was drafted, but they have improved every year. He is an elite 3rd liner who totally owns the possession game....it's crazy that he bounces from team to team without ever getting a substantial contract, every team in the league could use him.

The goal he scored tonight....all I could see was the "6" on his jersey, and the way he skated while carrying the puck, and then that shot I thought for sure it was Rick Nash. I'm really not so sure we won't see a post-post-post-hype season out of Pouliot at some point, he's pretty much become one of my favorite players in the league.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Rangers in 6.

Dobber Sports Stud

MAF melted down early but to his credit he came back in the 2nd and 3rd ready to play. He made some outstanding saves, but he is no Steve Mason

Not sure what Henrik could do about the 2nd pitt goal. The refs should not allow players to interfere with goalies making saves. Gino's stick was clearly in Henke's mitt. Billy Smith knew how to take care of guys cruising the crease WHACK with the stick. Its dirty but I doubt Gino goes anywhere near Smitty
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Ace

Come on boys, let's get this done!

It would have been nice if Kunitz scored on his break-away.

Dobber Sports Star

Gee Fleury sure is blowing it...

Dobber Sports Genius

Is it too oxymoronic to acknowledge MAF's most consistent stretch of playoff hockey in quite a long time while also mentioning NYR's putrid offensive support for Lundqvist?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ugh god dammit this is why I hate fantasy hockey. I traded for Fleury two years ago to solidify my goaltending, he then blew it for me two years in a row in the playoffs. So I get a good deal on Craig Anderson this last summer and decide to move Fleury for Rick Nash who I thought would be good under Vigneault. Now that Fleury is no longer on my roster all of a sudden he's Patrick Roy in 1993, and to make matters worse my second round opponent that I'm playing right now is the other GM I made the Fleury for Nash trade with.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not a fan of the Pens or a fantasy owner, but man am I happy for Fleury. Everyone is always so quick to pile on as soon as anything goes wrong in Pittsburg, and then he never gets the credit he deserves when he is playing lights out like he is right now. Great feel-good story if he can keep it up.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Not a fan of the Pens or a fantasy owner, but man am I happy for Fleury. Everyone is always so quick to pile on as soon as anything goes wrong in Pittsburg, and then he never gets the credit he deserves when he is playing lights out like he is right now. Great feel-good story if he can keep it up.
    Yeah I agree - never been a MAF or Pens fan, but have always thought that although he isn't a top tier goalie, he gets too much criticism. Glad to see him respond like this after the earlier mishaps.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin