Poll: Pens vs Rangers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: EC RD2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Rangers

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: EC RD2: Pittsburgh Penguins vs New York Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    i think St Louis was the spark the Rags needed...lets be honest, the team just didn't show up in the first 4 games, they looked like they were just going thru the paces

MSL gave them something to play for in game 5 and it catalyzed them and woke them from their slumber...whether that persists into the next round is debatable but at least they finally found their heart
    Agree with that. Also, fatigue (mental and physical) likely played a big role in the first few games with the insane schedule they had following up on the series with the Flyers. The MSL story reset the clock post Game 4 and allowed the Rangers to pull together and Lundqvist came up big, really big. He made the difference last night of course, the Rangers didn't have much offense going but they were opportunistic.

IMO, the Pens should find a way to part ways with Fleury. Not that he deserves to be the goat for this one (although if the puck goes in in the 3rd during the miscue with Maatta, that would have been ugly) but I think that is needed in order to get a fresh start.

Great series. Can't wait to see the result of tonight's game in Boston.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i think bylsma is gonna get the axe, someone is gonna have to take the fall for this. i think vigneault outcoached him, and obviously shero won't trade malkin unless he's run out of options. which is kinda sad, considering the main reason they lost the series is because crosby couldn't step up imo.

BOS/MTL will be in for a challenge next round, especially if nash learns how to score.

Dobber Sports Genius

When you are up 3-1 in a best of 7 series and you lose the series it means that your team was out coached. This is what happened here. I do believe that Dan Bylsma is a decent coach but he cant/refuses to change his coaching style on the fly when game dictates it. The Rangers were able to do this and this is why they won.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Banned

Rumours saying Shero is in trouble. Makes sense. He hasn't done a great job in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Pens really torpedoed my playoff pool this year....still in first but guy in 2nd is loaded with Rangers.

Anyway, I really feel Crosby needs to take some responsibly here...constantly touted as the best player in the word and he has only 1 goal his last 18 playoff games and did pretty much nothing the entire series. Horrid.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    You should keep on lookin' because that aint happening.
    Oh really now? Looks like Karlsson and the rest of us will have the pleasure of watching the best dman in the league play at least another round of playoff hockey
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Veteran

Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis