Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Hart Finalists] Crosby, Getzlaf, Giroux

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [Hart Finalists] Crosby, Getzlaf, Giroux

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Jimmy Page and Keith Richards would like a word with you
    Don't piss off Sir Jimmy Page, he knows the dark arts.......
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Deity

I figured this would start the trainwreck of this thread. LOL!

And yes, I do believe that Queen is a better band then LZ and the Rolling Stones. Both are good bands, but can't hold a candle to Freddie and Queen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

I'll agree with most, and say Crosby gets it. Not that he is undeserving, but I think Anaheim would not be where they are without Getzlaf (I would like to see him win it). By the same reasoning though, can you imagine Philadelphia without Giroux this year?
    F-Crosby,Jarvis,Wheeler,Horvat,Mittlestadt,Landeskog ,
    Cooley,Newhook,JT.Miller,Vrana,Bjorkstrand,Connor,
    Greenway, Aho

D-Carlson,Hedman,Pulock,Pionk,
    Klingberg,Addisson,Forsling,Korchinski

G-Hellebuyck,Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=1pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=3pts,T=1,SO=2,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    IMO, Getzlaf looks like Freddie Mercury of Queen.
    I just had to take a closer look...

Gonna go with nope on that one
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

Brian May and his PhD have bigger and more impressive words...

... and I don't recall Jimmy and Keith building their own guitars!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post

Exactly! And no way Plante or Jagger can come close to Mercury.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post

Jimmy doesn't have to make his guitars, he gets them right from Lord Lucifer himself......part of his deal with the devil.

10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Exactly! And no way Plante or Jagger can come close to Mercury.
    Way off topic but to hell with it...

As a pure vocalist I can't disagree. Mercury could sing anything. A rock vocalist doesn't need to be as clean. It's more about jiving with the band. Still, I can't take anything away from Freddie. He had a stellar voice and A+ showmanship. But that's the only thing I can accept that Queen has over the Stones or zeppelin (my personal opinion of course)

Brian May was a nice guitarist but nowhere near as inventive or influential as Page. Where Zep really pulls away though is the rythm section. John Deacon and Roger Taylor are quite a few tiers below John Paul Jones and John Bohnam

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    Way off topic but to hell with it...

As a pure vocalist I can't disagree. Mercury could sing anything. A rock vocalist doesn't need to be as clean. It's more about jiving with the band. Still, I can't take anything away from Freddie. He had a stellar voice and A+ showmanship. But that's the only thing I can accept that Queen has over the Stones or zeppelin (my personal opinion of course)

Brian May was a nice guitarist but nowhere near as inventive or influential as page. Where Zep really pulls away though is the rythm section. John Deacon and Roger Taylor are quite a few tiers below John Paul Jones and John Bohnam
    I agree that Bonham was one of the greatest drummers of all time. Roger Taylor was a pretty damn good drummer himself, but once you consider what he brought to the band as a songwriter as well, I think that certainly is something that cannot be forgotten in the grand scheme of things.

Bass players? Really? Does anyone really care about the Bass players other then other Bass players?

Dobber Sports Master

Bass players? Really? Does anyone really care about the Bass players other then other Bass players?
    Chicks who are too ugly to get lead singers/guitarists but have to much self respect to go for a drummer?
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree that Bonham was one of the greatest drummers of all time. Roger Taylor was a pretty damn good drummer himself, but once you consider what he brought to the band as a songwriter as well, I think that certainly is something that cannot be forgotten in the grand scheme of things.

I do. And I'm not a bass player (strictly acoustic guitar) I think that when you listen to what Entwistle, Jones and Bruce bring to The Who, Zep and Cream for example it makes a world of difference compared to when a bass player just holds down a straight ahead, plodding and predictable bass line.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    I do. And I'm not a bass player (strictly acoustic guitar) I think that when you listen to what Entwistle, Jones and Bruce bring to The Who, Zep and Cream for example it makes a world of difference compared to when a bass player just holds down a straight ahead, plodding and predictable bass line.
    Another One Bites The Dust. About as classic of a bass line as you will find. What about Under Pressure? I guess if you really want to get down to it, Deacon had some classics. Can't say I can think of any classic bass lines from any Rolling Stones songs, or LZ for that matter either really. (maybe the Lemon Song but meh)

Dobber Sports Genius

Another One Bites The Dust. About as classic of a bass line as you will find. What about Under Pressure? I guess if you really want to get down to it, Deacon had some classics. Can't say I can think of any classic bass lines from any Rolling Stones songs, or LZ for that matter either really. (maybe the Lemon Song but meh)

Under pressure is a good one. Probably his best. Another on bites the dust is just famous because it dominates the structure of that song. Everything is pretty much quit and the bass takes the lead. It's quite basic though and I'd imagine it's something a beignet bass player learns rather quickly. Now what Jones playes in the fast solo section of lemon song as you mention is something I don't think Deacon could play with four hands.

Banned

how the **** did you guys get derailed onto bassists now? lmao

if you wanna talk bassists from the greatest rock bands look no further than Cliff Burton, end of story

Dobber Sports Padawan

How are the Stones even in the conversation. Led Zeppelin and Queen are both in a different stratosphere. Both Page and May can play circles around Richards. Same goes for the vocalists. And if you don't care about the bass, you're not listening hard enough!

Oh, and Crosby wins. Borrrrrrrrrrrrrring. Let's talk more music... Black Sabbath is better than all three of those bands.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak