Thread: Damien Brunner 2014 - 2015

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Damien Brunner 2014 - 2015

The guy has a lot potential, but will he be able to deliver a "bounce back" season with the Devils? He has Top 6 talent IMO, but he could very well be on his way out of the NHL if he has another disappointing season. What are your thoughts on him? projections?

thx
    C: Nuge, Tavares, Staal
    RW: Wheeler, Kane, Setoguchi
    LW: Lupul, Ennis, Perron
    D: Doughty, Carlson, Fowler, Whitney
    G: Smith, Hiller, Gustavsson

Farm: D. Hamilton, Armia, J. Campbell

I...am your father.

Default Re: Damien Brunner 2014 - 2015

I wouldn't bet on it. Not a single dollar. I agree that he has Top 6 talent, but he's struggling to find a fit with NJ. I think if Jagr missed 20 games last year, we'd have seen a different Brunner.

I would bet high-30s for points, with upside the more games Jagr misses. Brunner needs to be the focal point on the wing to thrive
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Deity

If it wasnt for the fact he is already signed for one more year in NJ, I would have been surprised if he was still in the NHL next season after watching his performance this year. If he can turn it around this year he will get another contract here. If he has another year like he just had, I expect him to be back in Europe for 2015/16.

I am not holding my breath when it comes to Brunner and doubt he will bounce back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

He really struggled to get acclimated with NJ's system and disappeared for stretches. He needs to play with a superb playmaker. He shoots very quick and can get his shot off in tight spaces which is a must for most goal scorers in today's NHL. He had some good chemistry with Patrik Elias.

I wouldn't write him off completely because he's a pretty talented player in the right situation. Likely has value in leagues with bigger roster sizes and or farm squads where he can be stashed in case he catches on in NJ. Wouldnt go out of my way to pick him up but wouldnt easily discard of him either. Depends on the league type.

And not a whole lot of offensive options in NJ so he could prove to have value there yet. He was clutch for Detroit last year in playoffs.

Dobber Sports Initiate

He was starting to get things going in December, prior to his knee injury.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm just not seeing it here. He turned down the Detroit offer and then sat and sat waiting. There's a reason teams didn't rush out and sign him. While he shows flashes he just doesn't have the consistency or I think the motor for a full NHL season. He was playing 35-45 games a year overseas and it seems like that's all he can manage here as well. Just don't think he is NHL material although he has the talent to be there.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

D.Brunner is still in the NHL?? I don't much fantasy oozing out of Mr. Brunner..

Dobber Sports Genius

Shades of Fabian Brunnstrom