Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Byfuglien or McDonagh

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Byfuglien or McDonagh

A GM I'm talking with has both Byfuglien and McDonagh and I might be able to swing a 2 for 1 deal to land one of them. Which of these guys is the better target? Note that my league has a heavy weighting for PIMS which makes Byfuglien a beast, but I like the potential of McDonagh as well.

2013-14 Fantasy points:

- Byfuglien - 208 (3rd among defensemen)
    - McDonagh - 170 (15th among defensemen)

His forward are weak and I have some surplus, so I'm thinking of offering a package like Bergeron and Simmonds for one of them. It may not be enough but I know he likes both those guys, and a player like Simmonds is quite valuable in my league as well due to PIMS.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, W. Johnston, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Binnington

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Byfuglien or McDonagh

I would be concerned about Buff's long-term status as a D-man in your league......it has already been announced he will play F for all of next season. I'd by very wary of this when making a trade for Buff as there is potential to get royally screwed......solely as a F, Buff will have little value.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

McD is great, but I'd still take byfuglien. Hope he's stays a D.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    McD is great, but I'd still take byfuglien. Hope he's stays a D.
    Hope doesn't win titles, educated/calculated decisions and risk-management do. Very good chance Buff loses D status as soon as next year depending on your league provider. A deal in which he sends 2 quality players for Buff as a D would be crippling when Buff loses his D status....as a 55 point 3rd line winger, he will hold very little value, making the trade a complete disaster.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Lol it's a disaster? That's a bit extreme

Dobber Sports Veteran

He's better than McD even without the D.
    Huh? This is wildly incorrect. You have to look at positional scarcity and positional value........Buff as a 55 point winger isn't going to have nearly the value of McD as a Dman....not even remotely close. His format has him starting 40% dmen.....they are going to be a massive factor in that league. As a forward, I'm sure Buff wouldn't even crack the top 6 for most teams in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Huh? This is wildly incorrect. You have to look at positional scarcity and positional value........Buff as a 55 point winger isn't going to have nearly the value of McD as a Dman....not even remotely close. His format has him starting 40% dmen.....they are going to be a massive factor in that league.
    Who are you quoting?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lol it's a disaster? That's a bit extreme
    Paying 2 for 1 to get acquire a dman that then loses his d status would be a disaster, yes. Read my above post...based on his format dmen are extremely valuable. As a F, Buff's value is drastically decreased. If you want to see what I mean, run the numbers in FHG with his scoring cats and Buff only as a F. McDonagh is a stud and will be a top 10-15 dman in this format moving forward. Buff, if he should lose his D status, would only be a top 30-40 forward (just guessing here, need to actually run the numbers). Considering he can only play 6 F, and 4 D, you tell me which is more valuable in this scenario?

I never said I liked the trade.
    But I would still take Byfuglien over McD.

Do you just like shitting over peoples opinions?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lol
    So now you are editing my past quotes and posting them? I think I'm done with this thread as you haven't contributed anything of value here.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I never said I liked the trade.
    But I would still take Byfuglien over McD.

Do you just like shitting over peoples opinions?
    This is an online forum where people are looking for legitimate fantasy analysis and advice......that was what OP is looking for here when he asked the original question. You have done nothing but issue bad advice, backed up by nothing statistically or otherwise. If you don't want your ill-conceived opinions questioned on these boards, then either keep them to yourself and don't be giving advice, or come up with some legitimate data/arguments to support your opinions. If your skin is really this soft, perhaps you shouldn't be on fantasy sports forums, as this is a venue for healthy and informed debate and discussion.

This is an online forum where people are looking for fantasy analysis......that was what OP is looking for here when he asked the original question. You have done nothing but issue bad advice, backed up by nothing statistically or otherwise. If you don't want your ill-conceived opinions questioned on these boards, then either keep them to yourself and don't be giving advice, or come up with some legitimate data/arguments to support your opinions. If your skin is really this soft, perhaps you shouldn't be on fantasy sports forums, as this is a venue for healthy and informed debate and discussion.
    Are you an admin for these forums Shiva?
    Do you know everything?

Are you a communist? Are people allowed to have different opinions from yours in real life?

Maybe you need to grow up and stop smoking reefer.

What a tool.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Are you an admin for these forums Shiva?
    Do you know everything?

Are you a communist? Are people allowed to have different opinions from yours in real life?

Maybe you need to grow up and stop smoking reefer.

What a tool.
    Ha, name calling.......showing your true colours I see. Does it bother you that a "reefer-smoker" is more intelligent and mature than you are? Unfortunately, that is your problem my friend. You are the one who can't take constructive criticism when you make bold and false statements like Buff being more valuable than McD as a forward, yet I need to grow up? You are embarrassing yourself, you should stop.....communist? Seriously?! Did you forget take your medication today?

I don't partake in childish arguments involving personal attacks on these boards, so you are now on my ignore list. Enjoy throwing around your pie-in-the-sky opinions and then throwing a hissy fit when the other savvy posters in here pick them apart.

Ha, name calling.......showing your true colours I see. Does it bother you that a "reefer-smoker" is more intelligent and mature than you are? Unfortunately, that is your problem my friend. You are the one who can't take constructive criticism when you make bold and false statements like Buff being more valuable than McD as a forward, yet I need to grow up? You are embarrassing yourself, you should stop.....communist? Seriously? Did you take your medication today?

I don't partake in childish arguments involving personal attacks on these boards, so you are now on my ignore list. Enjoy throwing around your pie-in-the-sky opinions and then throwing a hissy fit when the other savvy posters in here pick them apart.
    ? What are you talking about guy? Do you even realize how upset you are just because I like buff???

Whatever person ... I will express my opinions whenever I want.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sure pal, keep editing your past statements to try and save face. They don't change where I quoted you, and it shows that you edited them....Dobber and the moderators can also see your name-calling that you edited out. You are right, you can express whatever opinion you want, just as the rest of us have the right to point out why your wild and completely unfounded statements are incorrect. You are also welcome to continue throwing tantrums and resorting to name-calling on the forums, but you won't last long here if you do.