Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trading for Duchene

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Trading for Duchene

Not a final deal, but I think I can talk my buddy into it. All about upgrading final keeper spots for me. League and team in sig. He really likes Bonino, and Bonino does fairly well in our scoring. Over the full season he averaged 2.8 FP/g where Duchene averaged 3.7 FP/g. As an add in, were talking about Yakupov or Toffoli. Trade would likely allow me to keep the one I don't move. So final deal looks somewhere like

Bonino + Toffoli/Yakupov

For

Duchene

Which young guy would you rather give up?

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trading for Duchene

Either deal is a slam dunk for you but if you get to choose, I'd personally keep Yakupov. I know a lot of folks are down on him but I still think his ceiling is considerably higher than Toffoli's. If next year is anything like this year, I may change my mind on Yak but as of now I still think he's destined for big things. The guy you're trading for, Duchene, also put up a dud season early in his career, before breaking out.

Best of luck in getting this deal done.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Genius

I'd be more inclined to move Toffoli then Yak, either is a good deal in a limited keeper though.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Laendarian View Post
    I'd be more inclined to move Toffoli then Yak, either is a good deal in a limited keeper though.
    Same here, Toffoli first but who cares which one if you can get Duchene?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Monster

I'd give up any one of those players to land myself Duchene. If you get this done, consider yourself lucky.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah I'd make the deal to land Duchene but I'd want to keep Yakupov over Toffoli. The latter's upside isn't close to Yakupov's IMO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Don't overthink this one.

Duchene will be 70/80 pts annually.

Toffoli, Yakupov and Bonino are all " potential" at this time. You have no clue what they will give you over the course of a few years time. Duchene side is a slam dunk win regardless of which of these 3 players you put in the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Not a final deal, but I think I can talk my buddy into it. All about upgrading final keeper spots for me. League and team in sig. He really likes Bonino, and Bonino does fairly well in our scoring. Over the full season he averaged 2.8 FP/g where Duchene averaged 3.7 FP/g. As an add in, were talking about Yakupov or Toffoli. Trade would likely allow me to keep the one I don't move. So final deal looks somewhere like

Bonino + Toffoli/Yakupov

For

Duchene

Which young guy would you rather give up?

Thanks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Don't overthink this one.

Duchene will be 70/80 pts annually.

Toffoli, Yakupov and Bonino are all " potential" at this time. You have no clue what they will give you over the course of a few years time. Duchene side is a slam dunk win regardless of which of these 3 players you put in the deal.
    good post, I agree, the smart move is to acquire the guy who's already shown what he can do (and hinted at more), work out the specifics how you want but it's a good deal for you anyway it plays out.

As far as Toffoli vs. Yaks it's close but I'd go with with Tyler Toffoli. He's been nothing but impressive whenever he's given the chance, his only downside is the depth above him is limiting his mins so far (only about 12-13 mins a game) but if he keeps working the way he is he'll soon earn a slot in the top 6. Plus he's from Scarborough, Ontario...he won't give up on the NHL until he's either a starter or his career is over, Yaks will likely be in the KHL in a year or two.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    good post, I agree, the smart move is to acquire the guy who's already shown what he can do (and hinted at more), work out the specifics how you want but it's a good deal for you anyway it plays out.

As far as Toffoli vs. Yaks it's close but I'd go with with Tyler Toffoli. He's been nothing but impressive whenever he's given the chance, his only downside is the depth above him is limiting his mins so far (only about 12-13 mins a game) but if he keeps working the way he is he'll soon earn a slot in the top 6. Plus he's from Scarborough, Ontario...he won't give up on the NHL until he's either a starter or his career is over, Yaks will likely be in the KHL in a year or two.
    Yak threat of going to KHL makes him the expendable one.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post

I think the whole KHL thing is a moot point here (and hugely overblown in general). The only way Yak bolts to the KHL in my opinion is if he ends up a bust in the NHL, in which case who cares what league he plays in - you won't want him on your team either way. If Yak hits his upside, which is what you're betting on if you keep him over Toffoli, then he's staying in the NHL. Toffoli is a nice young player but he has nowhere near the upside of a Yakupov, regardless of how awful this season went for the latter. If both players hit their upside, Yak could be a top fantasy option whereas Toffoli would be the kind of guy who helps you, no doubt, but who can also be replaced without great difficulty. Swing for the home run.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I appreciate all the response, but anyone saying "do this deal for sure, it's a slam dunk regardless of which of the 3 players you give up". Like. That doesn't help me at all. I know it's a good deal for me, I never asked if you would make the trade. I simply asked who would you rather keep, Yak or Toffoli. That's it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I think you would be -1 buddy if you tried to talk him into that deal....

The Great One

If your league has a veto, I'd offer Yak. If a veto is not possible, I'd offer Toffoli.

(I'd offer slightly more in a veto league, in hopes that it goes through.)

Dobber Sports Genius

Yakupov is the players to hang onto. It's not even that close IMO and I really like Toffoli.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    I think the whole KHL thing is a moot point here (and hugely overblown in general). The only way Yak bolts to the KHL in my opinion is if he ends up a bust in the NHL, in which case who cares what league he plays in - you won't want him on your team either way. If Yak hits his upside, which is what you're betting on if you keep him over Toffoli, then he's staying in the NHL. Toffoli is a nice young player but he has nowhere near the upside of a Yakupov, regardless of how awful this season went for the latter. If both players hit their upside, Yak could be a top fantasy option whereas Toffoli would be the kind of guy who helps you, no doubt, but who can also be replaced without great difficulty. Swing for the home run.
    How is it a moot point? How many times does it need to happen before you people wake up and pay attention? Enough already.
    The magic number tends to be 3 years +/- 1, that's how long it takes the average Russian to bolt back to the KHL if they don't have make it in the NHL right away (i.e. they're getting 3rd/4th line duties, limited ice time and PP time, healthy scratches, demoted to minors, etc). With a NA player, they don't have the option to go make millions in another league, if they want to play professional hockey for a career they need to tough it out in the NHL trenches and fight to earn their spot. Now I'm not saying this happens to Yakupov, I think there's a pretty good chance he bounces back from last year, but if he doesn't or if he suffers any additional major setbacks, he's as good as gone.

So when I make trades, I prefer to keep players that will be playing in the NHL if possible, I find that helps my teams significantly. Sure Yakupov has more upside but how much? 5-10 pts more maybe? To me that's not worth the added risk, maybe to others it is. But these are the kind of questions you need to be asking in situations like this.