Poll: Who Wins

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: EC Round 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: EC Round 2: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    For sure. If anything, Lucic showed even more stupidity by announcing it to the world. He hits someone from behind, or spears one of those guys again, and the league can point to this handshake line and suspend him for even more games.

How nuts will Lucic be if the Habs actually win the Cup? He may combust before the season begins.

is he going to get suspended though? i am pretty sure guys make "threats" like that all the time during the game, they probably say things even worse. my issue is he did it during the handshakes, which is completely disrespectful. not sure if that is suspension worthy, but he's doing himself no favors next year, pretty much showed the whole world he's a douche.

Dobber Sports Icon

Great series. The first 4 games could have went either way. Could have easily been a sweep for either side if the bounces had went differently. Games 5 & 6 were clearly dominated by Boston and Montreal respectively. Game 7, well Montreal wanted it more. Even though they were severely outshot, I think they played the better all around game.

The thing that impressed me the most this series was Montreal really held up on the embellishment and diving. It's the first series against Boston in recent memory that I can actually say that.

I'm very disappointed in Boston. They certainly did not play the way they are capable of. They took some very stupid penalties. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Chara. I'm reminded of 2012 when they lost to Washington in Round 2. It was after being to the Finals the year before. They looked tired and like they didn't want it as bad.

As far as the Lucic comments go, I'm sure there are plenty of times things get said in the handshake line and don't get this kind of publicity. But it's Boston vs Montreal so every little indiscretion is going to be blown up into a full-blown controversy. Was it classy? Hell no. But I don't think it's a big deal. Lucic just lost an emotional Game 7 in a tight series against an arch-rival and made a stupid comment. Don't act as if you've never made a stupid comment during an emotional situation before. In fact, most of us have probably done it right here on these boards after our team has lost, and we're not even on the ice.

Also, sports writers were looking for any little thing to make a story about, like this about Subban blowing a kiss to Thornton. I don't actually see it and even if it did happen, is it really worth writing a story about? The two of them actually hugged, which given the history between them is pretty freakin classy on both of their parts.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    is he going to get suspended though? i am pretty sure guys make "threats" like that all the time during the game, they probably say things even worse. my issue is he did it during the handshakes, which is completely disrespectful. not sure if that is suspension worthy, but he's doing himself no favors next year, pretty much showed the whole world he's a douche.
    I don't think he will get suspended for what he said. I just think that if he follows up, he will be looking at a longer suspension, since the league and the Habs can point at this and say it was premeditated. Think of how he got away twice with spearing guys from behind. Think if he does to Weise next season he gets away with it again? Not a chance. But instead of a one game suspension, maybe he will get three because of his comments. Or if he runs Emelin from behind, he will get a longer suspension than if he ran a Ranger from behind.

The league really frowns on players who threaten retaliation. That's why the league will warn the players before those games, and usually Bettman or someone higher up will be at thenext game as well.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    Great series. The first 4 games could have went either way. Could have easily been a sweep for either side if the bounces had went differently. Games 5 & 6 were clearly dominated by Boston and Montreal respectively. Game 7, well Montreal wanted it more. Even though they were severely outshot, I think they played the better all around game.

The thing that impressed me the most this series was Montreal really held up on the embellishment and diving. It's the first series against Boston in recent memory that I can actually say that.

I'm very disappointed in Boston. They certainly did not play the way they are capable of. They took some very stupid penalties. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Chara. I'm reminded of 2012 when they lost to Washington in Round 2. It was after being to the Finals the year before. They looked tired and like they didn't want it as bad.

As far as the Lucic comments go, I'm sure there are plenty of times things get said in the handshake line and don't get this kind of publicity. But it's Boston vs Montreal so every little indiscretion is going to be blown up into a full-blown controversy. Was it classy? Hell no. But I don't think it's a big deal. Lucic just lost an emotional Game 7 in a tight series against an arch-rival and made a stupid comment. Don't act as if you've never made a stupid comment during an emotional situation before. In fact, most of us have probably done it right here on these boards after our team has lost, and we're not even on the ice.

Also, sports writers were looking for any little thing to make a story about, like this about Subban blowing a kiss to Thornton. I don't actually see it and even if it did happen, is it really worth writing a story about? The two of them actually hugged, which given the history between them is pretty freakin classy on both of their parts.
    Well said. Much being made about nothing really.

Administrator

Is it just me, or is this just a bad article?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nh...l?soc_src=copy
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by chillyh View Post
    Is it just me, or is this just a bad article?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2014-nh...l?soc_src=copy
    Yes. I couldn't even get through the whole thing. It comes across as sour grapes for some reason.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Master

Great series and it went 7 like I thought it would. Emotional rollercoaster (as usual) and in the end the Habs came out on top this time and you can add that to the ridiculously long and storied playoff rivalry between the two. Bring on the Rangers!
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Yes. I couldn't even get through the whole thing. It comes across as sour grapes for some reason.
    Agree. That is not journalism. I don't even know what that was. Stuff like that should die on the cutting room floor. Garbage and sour grapes.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck