Thread: Kucherov Projection

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kucherov Projection

Interested in some feedback on Kucherov and what his numbers might look like in the next 2 or 3 years in TB. The logjam of good young forwards in their system has me wondering about his role moving forward. Will he see an increased role next year or get lost on the depth chart ? What would you expect his offensive output to be in the next 2-3 seasons ?

Thanks for all replies

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Kucherov Projection

Almost impossible to tell. Completely depends where he lines up.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You will see a gradual increase in production. He has a long way to climb the depth charts. Also, alot will depend on whether or not Tampa re-signs Callahan as both play RW. If they do re-sign Callahan that keeps on the lower lines longer. If they do not get Callahan signed then he has a chance to climb faster. Lots of moving parts in Tampa still and he has a lot more development under him yet. With 18 points this year, maybe he nets 30 points next year. 35 maybe. After that, it's anyone's guess how things will go for him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The problem with this ^ is that Kucherov has fantastic skill. All depends on how he is deployed. Even with the resigning of Callahan he could make his way into the top 6. Or he could not. Tampa in terms of their young guys is so fluid. He could also get anywhere from 1st PP to no PP time. I could see anywhere from 25-55 points next year, depending on injuries and how he is deployed. He could even be a 40-45 point third liner.

Dobber Sports Stud

My hunch is that Callahan goes to either Florida or Buffalo

this allows Tampa to slide Kucherov up the depth chart

2 or 3 years ?

assuming some powerplay time and reaching top 6 minutes ? 50-55 points is reasonable

approaching 30 goals and 20-25 assists
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I wouldn't expect more than 40 pts next season.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just reviving this old thread instead writing a new one. I am not sure what to think of Kucherov either. The log-jam thing seems like an excuse that legit NHL skills should break through. If he has so much skill why isn't he getting the ice time and PP time? His brief QMJHL and AHL stats are impressive. Why only 18 points in the NHL? Sure he played 50% of his time with J.T. Brown but he also spent some time with Tyler Johnson, Killorn and Filppula.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    Just reviving this old thread instead writing a new one. I am not sure what to think of Kucherov either. The log-jam thing seems like an excuse that legit NHL skills should break through. If he has so much skill why isn't he getting the ice time and PP time? His brief QMJHL and AHL stats are impressive. Why only 18 points in the NHL? Sure he played 50% of his time with J.T. Brown but he also spent some time with Tyler Johnson, Killorn and Filppula.
    Kucherov's playing style allows him to dominate in lesser leagues like the Q and AHL where his size is not such an issue. But at his size and playing the way he does, there is a HUGE jump to the NHL. Give him time, don't knock him because his scoring rate dropped off when joining the Lightning especially when he spent so much time playing down the lineup.

I love this kid, have been really high on him since his draft year. Sometimes those small, super high upside guys pay off and he's looking like one of them. His point totals will probably take a little while to really jump due to the depth in Tampa's top 6 but I do think eventually his higher skill level will allow him to pass some of his teammates. I think in the long-term Kucherov can be a 60+ point guy, but there's just something about him that makes me think he could develop into a star someday.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Guru

elite shooter, he won't really bust out until he plays a lot of minutes with a skilled set-up man. he had top-6 minutes with Namestnikov in the AHL which is why he was so dynamite. i'd expect him to be a 2ndPP guy next year and have 35-50 points.

Dobber Sports Veteran

30 pts next season. Hard to say what happens after that since TB is so loaded with talent.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???