Thread: Jericho

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Jericho

Quick question.

Been looking for a new show to start watching on Netflix. I've watched the first episode of Jericho and enjoyed it. I'd like to continue with it but before I do, I'd like to know if the intrigue gets wrapped up in satisfying way at the end. I know that the show was cancelled and I don't want to invest time into it if it just start of ends abruptly...

So, will I just end up frustrated if I watch it?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Jericho

Yes

Great show, but then cancelled. Then everyone protested, sending thousands of jars of nuts to the studio (inside joke). So they revived it for 8 episodes to give closure.

The problem is - they squeezed 15 episodes into 8. In fact, it felt like the first 5 were normal episodes...and they squeezed about 10 episodes into the last 3. The finale was just waaay to quick and easy. I don't blame them, they didn't have a choice, I just wish they did it right.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

No it's a pretty decent show actually, chances are you'll enjoy it.
    All I will say about it though is that:

1)you have to be able to suspend your disbelief somewhat to enjoy it... there are holes in the plot that'll bug you if you try to apply any real science to it, but that's often the case with tv shows (Lost for example)
    2)Season 1 is really good...season 2 it starts to get a little bit hokey at points but still worth watching

Also, there are rumors that they are thinking of making a 3rd season (it's rights were bought by either Netflix or Hulu I believe)

Dobber Sports Stud

That's great, I'm also jumping on this bandwagon then!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Demi-God

It's a good show.
    I agree with comments above.

It's very thrilling to watch through the first season.
    The 2nd season doesn't match up as well, you can smell out the budget cuts... but still a worthwhile watch.

Dobber Sports Genius

All I can say is that my girlfriend likes it and has encouraged me to check it out.

Out of curiosity, what else have you peeped on Netflix? I'm currently in the middle of House of Cards season 2, and it's fantastic. On Netflix I've watched Breaking Bad, Suits and Firefly (all of which are excellent), but I'm wondering what I might move on to after HoC.

Dobber Sports Stud

I would suggest Sherlock! That series is great!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    No it's a pretty decent show actually, chances are you'll enjoy it.
    All I will say about it though is that:

1)you have to be able to suspend your disbelief somewhat to enjoy it... there are holes in the plot that'll bug you if you try to apply any real science to it, but that's often the case with tv shows (Lost for example)
    2)Season 1 is really good...season 2 it starts to get a little bit hokey at points but still worth watching

Also, there are rumors that they are thinking of making a 3rd season (it's rights were bought by either Netflix or Hulu I believe)
    It's Netflix I think. Rumors popped up around early last year. I suspect nothing will happen but you never know.

There are two follow up comic books that exist as the third and fourth "seasons" so to speak. They are pretty short but they do sort of add a little story after the end of season 2.

I'd say go watch it. I loved the show.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

When you exhaust your mainstream US Netflix queue... and if any of you guys can stomach foreign shows:

Top of the Lake - a New Zealand series with "Peggy" from Madmen. She's on police squad investigating missing child. Not great, not bad. 5/10
    Les Revenants (the Returned) - a French series that USA/ABC has picked up... but the French is better. About missing/reappearing kids. 8/10
    The Fall - with Gillian Anderson from the X-Files. Scottish series, maybe 6-8 episodes. This one is very, very, very good - serial killer stuff, awesome. 9/10

ps. Any of you guys watched Orphan Black?
    I'm one episode in on Comcast's On Demand.
    It says "BBC America" show - and the main character has a british accent... but I saw Ontario plates on the vehicle, so I'm pretty sure that you Canadians have had this available to you.

Good through season 1???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeFilly View Post
    All I can say is that my girlfriend likes it and has encouraged me to check it out.

Out of curiosity, what else have you peeped on Netflix? I'm currently in the middle of House of Cards season 2, and it's fantastic. On Netflix I've watched Breaking Bad, Suits and Firefly (all of which are excellent), but I'm wondering what I might move on to after HoC.
    Have you watched Lilyhammer? That's got Steven Van Zandt (Silvio from The Sopranos) playing a mobster in Norway...it's pretty damn funny
    Or Orange is the New Black I like OK too, my wife LOVED it so probably good one for your girlfriend too
    Hulu has a show called Deadbeat too that's pretty funny

Also I heard they are making new Trailer Park Boys episodes to be hosted on Netflix, looking forward to those

Dobber Sports Stud

Awesome guys. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    When you exhaust your mainstream US Netflix queue... and if any of you guys can stomach foreign shows:

Top of the Lake - a New Zealand series with "Peggy" from Madmen. She's on police squad investigating missing child. Not great, not bad. 5/10
    Les Revenants (the Returned) - a French series that USA/ABC has picked up... but the French is better. About missing/reappearing kids. 8/10
    The Fall - with Gillian Anderson from the X-Files. Scottish series, maybe 6-8 episodes. This one is very, very, very good - serial killer stuff, awesome. 9/10
    I'm in Canada, so I'm not sure these are available -but I'll check it out. I've heard awesome things about Les Revenants.

Speaking of "foreign" series, I just finished 3 seasons (4 episodes per) of a British show called "Mad Dogs." I believe there's a fourth season, but not available on Netflix Canada yet.

Pretty solid show about 4 middle-aged guys who visit an old buddy in Majorca and get into all kinds of bad trouble.

For those willing to try something in a different language, "Les Invincibles" in a Quebec show that, I believe, is available on Netflix Canada. Not sure how well the humour translates, but for my money one of the best things I've ever seen on TV --ranking up there with Breaking Bad and the Wire (but in a completely different kind of genre --this is more of a mix of comedy/drama).