Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shopping Malkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Shopping Malkin

it feels like you are selling low on him but the odds of him getting back to 11 ppg seems pretty slim

one more question how many seasons was malkin 9.5 ppg or better in your scoring and how many seasons was he less than that

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    Not even close.

Try to land Stamkos with Malkin. Stamkos is the guy you want in your scoring system.
    If I have Stamkos, I am not trading him for Malkin. Might be worth a try though, can play on Stamkos injury.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    If I have Stamkos, I am not trading him for Malkin. Might be worth a try though, can play on Stamkos injury.
    Neither am I, but you have seen Dobber and others on these forums. Every time there is a post of Stamkos vs Malkin, it explodes into a big war with two firm sides. So, there is a 50/50 chance the Stamkos owner prefers Malkin, even though I wouldn't.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What about trying for Tavares? You can play off his injury and should be able to swing that, he's not as proven as Stamkos is yet in terms of point production. Could even try and go like.

Malkin + Carlson

For

Tavares + a slightly better keeper D

And that would solve your problems.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    What about trying for Tavares? You can play off his injury and should be able to swing that, he's not as proven as Stamkos is yet in terms of point production. Could even try and go like.

Malkin + Carlson

For

Tavares + a slightly better keeper D

And that would solve your problems.
    In a league that counts G, A, PPP, Shots, and Blocks as a majority of the categories, Carlson is an incredibly valuable keeper. Also, because it counts hits I'd much rather have Stamkos - and given discussion on this forum, people in points-only tend to be split 50/50 between stamkos/tavares. I think the best plan of attack is go for stamkos, add in a bottom keeper if you have to, keep carlson, and maybe go for tavares if that falls through.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm not sure he's incredibly valuable. Sure it helps his value, but he's not a world beater on defence in G, A, or PPP. Sure he's got the potential but he's shown pretty poorly in those categories, even when given the opportunity. And if we can agree that Malkin for Stamkos/Tavares is a downgrade (it is) than instead of getting a marginal player back that he will just drop anyways, why not add Carlson to sweeten the deal and upgrade his last keeper slot.

Personally, I would just keep Malkin, but if you're intent on trading him then I would add-in your last marginal keeper and try to upgrade that last slot by more than the downgrade from Malkin to one of the other two. There's no point losing a deal just because Carlson is a decent option as a keeper.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm not sure he's incredibly valuable. Sure it helps his value, but he's not a world beater on defence in G, A, or PPP. Sure he's got the potential but he's shown pretty poorly in those categories, even when given the opportunity. And if we can agree that Malkin for Stamkos/Tavares is a downgrade (it is) than instead of getting a marginal player back that he will just drop anyways, why not add Carlson to sweeten the deal and upgrade his last keeper slot.

Personally, I would just keep Malkin, but if you're intent on trading him then I would add-in your last marginal keeper and try to upgrade that last slot by more than the downgrade from Malkin to one of the other two. There's no point losing a deal just because Carlson is a decent option as a keeper.
    Your points on Carlson are fair. I just wouldn't treat him as "nothing" is more my point. Treat him as a 35-40 pt d men that is near tops in the league for shots, blocks, and PPP (but not great with hits).

The problem though is we value Malkin differently. I see it as Stamkos > Malkin in any format, and one with hits makes it more in Stamkos' favour. Not here to argue the differences between the two players, just stating why I view it differently.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd say go after Tavares, considering how good Tampa is sitting right now I don't think anyone's letting Stamkos go (he is a few years younger too). I would go after Tavares. What d-men does the Tavares owner have? I don't see Carlson exploding like many have hoped for. I don't see Ovi getting any better, in fact I see him declining (I read something somewhere about pure goal scorers declining stats wise faster than playmakers). I'd do Malkin Carlson for Tavares and maybe someone like Kronwall (old but helps for next year) or try for a young unproven stud. If it's Stamkos, I feel it will be a straight up deal. As mentioned above, it's very split between who is better. I think at this point you gotta value them equally.
    10 Team keeper league
    (9F, 4D, 2G, 4 bench, 2 IR)
    H2H
    Goals-1, Assists-1, PPP-0.5, SHG=1, Hits-0.05, BS-0.05, Shots-0.05, Wins-2, Shutouts-2, Saves 0.01, Defenseman Pts-0.5

Keep 6 (potentially 7 with a vote pending)

2012/2013: 4th in reg season, 2nd in playoffs
    2013/2014: 1st (t) reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2014/2015: 1st reg season, 4th in playoffs
    2015/2016 7th reg season (third highest PF)

Crosby, Malkin, Laine, Getzlaf, Radulov, Arvidsson, Rantanen, Bailey, W. Karlsson, Ducehene,Haula,
    Klingberg, Suter, Trouba, Ekblad, Provorov
    Holtby, Talbot, Varlamov