Thread: Ehrhoff or Reily over the next 2 years?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Ehrhoff or Reily over the next 2 years?

Right now , my 4 keeper D are
    1-Karlsson
    2-OEL
    3-Burns

And I'm trying to decide between my Ehrhoff (likely), Gudas or Bieksa.

But I have a line on Morgan Reily in exchange for Gaborik. If I could keep Rielly then it's a bit more enticing...but is Reilly the true #4 for me?

Finished a solid 2nd this year. 3rd last year. Next year is my shot with about a 3 year elite level window with guys like Getz, Perry, Kunitz and Crawford.

Guidance please?

Administrator

Default Re: Ehrhoff or Reily over the next 2 years?

I would personally go with Reilly or Gudas depending on how you feel plus-minus turns out over the next couple years. It can fluctuate a lot from year to year. Based on this year alone Gudas was by far the most valuable though.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

I would go with Reilly here. I don't think the difference between the other 2 D men are worth letting Reilly go and if you don't make the move you might look back and regret not holding onto Reilly.
    12 Team HTH Keeper
    (F's G=1 A=1, D G=1 A=1, All Skaters PPG=.5, SHG=.5 Goalies W=2 SO=3)

Dress 8 F, 4 D, 2 G weekly

F's-Marner, Rantanen, Crosby, Panarin, Guentzel, Caufield, Kaprizov, Lundell, Tomasino, Holtz, Pavelski, Zuccarello, Hagel, Dach

D-Makar, Josi, Doughty Andersson, AP, Hutson

G-Hellebuyck, Fleury, Comrie, Kochetkov, Wolf, Primeau, Sogaard

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks gents. Just to clarify, I don't yet own Riley. But his owner has expressed interest in flipping my Gaborik for his Riley. During the season I think this move is overkill, but now...gabby doesn't look like a keeper for me (until ofcourse he signs in Pit as Crosby's RW... Knowing my luck)

So I'd have to make a move to land Riley.

Dobber Sports Legend

Assuming you're talking about Morgan, it's Rielly not Reilly or Riley. Just saying. Wait and see where Gaborik signs if you can. If he signs in LA and sticks with Kopitar, I think he could have a nice year to be honest. As for Rielly, I think his upside is incredible (50 points) but he's about 2 years away from even sniffing that IMO.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Assuming you're talking about Morgan, it's Rielly not Reilly or Riley. Just saying. Wait and see where Gaborik signs if you can. If he signs in LA and sticks with Kopitar, I think he could have a nice year to be honest. As for Rielly, I think his upside is incredible (50 points) but he's about 2 years away from even sniffing that IMO.
    Yes Morgen/Morgan. I've seen it spelled all ways so I was catering to those who can't seem to pick up on the correct spelling. Same guy... All kinds of spellings

Thanks. I think the gamble is gabby. I can move him now for Rielly ... But if I wait and he lands in Nashville for example...the boat would have sailed. Not to mention I think I'm leaning toward kuz over gabby right now. Unless I can send both gabby and kuz out for a more established winger?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Try and trade Burns plus one of your forward keepers to upgrade, and keep Reilly and Gudas. Burns is on the sunny side of 40 right now, not getting younger. Those young guys will keep you solid for a few years.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Try and trade Burns plus one of your forward keepers to upgrade, and keep Reilly and Gudas. Burns is on the sunny side of 40 right now, not getting younger. Those young guys will keep you solid for a few years.
    Really? You don't think taking another shot at the D eligible burns next to Thornton and Marleau is worth the keep? A poor man Buffy? I hear what you're saying, but Gudas and Rielly over ehrhoff and burns in a win now more? really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    Really? You don't think taking another shot at the D eligible burns next to Thornton and Marleau is worth the keep? A poor man Buffy? I hear what you're saying, but Gudas and Rielly over ehrhoff and burns in a win now more? really?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think you need to take a deeper look at Ehrhoff's underlying stats. If he gets traded to a decent team, you should FULLY expect to get his Canucks-era points and plus minus back. Buffalo's Corsi and Fenwick close with and without Ehrhoff were outrageously different in 2013. Ehrhoff's 2013 possession stats Yes, it's a canucks homer fan site, so they have a soft spot for Ehrhoff, but the stats are the stats.

His 2014 stats aren't as good, but the fact that the Sabres have much better possession stats with him on the ice is telling. I have a good feeling he'll get traded for some nice pieces, since his salary ($4M, declining to 1M in 2017) and his cap hit ($4M) are both incredible deals.

I know that keeping him pretty much turns on him getting traded, but there's no way an NHL GM keeps a guy like him when he blows up a team, unless he's been with the franchise his whole career (i.e. Giordano).

Basically, it's a gut check on whether Rielly matures into the same caliber of player as Ehrhoff in the next 1-2 years, or whether you think Ehrhoff gets traded within that same time frame. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but I think proven over potential might be worth thinking about.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

You sang me a song Mr. Pianoman. Thanks for that angle. Makes sense!