Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Ref Mode and Lucic Suck

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Playoff Ref Mode and Lucic Suck

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I beg to differ:

Wait a minute... About half of this "top 10" is just him beating up on Komisarek. That doesn't prove anything.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    He is dirty. That's what makes him so good and so valuable.
    I was going to give you some props for your first post, but 2 in a row - wow!

We all disagree sometimes but you are starting to soften me up. It's ironic that I am softening up a bit to comments on how dirty and how valuable Lucic is.

Lucic is one of my favourite players of all time and this is why. He is a beast - a playoff playing, Stanley Cup winning beast.

There are all kinds of hockey players that play different roles in hockey and I can only speak for myself but I love seeing things like this. I may be wrong, but I think that you would have had to play the game to appreciate what is all going on here. It's much more than just a stick to the balls.

Just in case some didn't know - ALL male hockey players where protection where Lucic hit him.

Dobber Sports Ace

I just realized that my last two posts were of Brendan Smith standing up to Chara and Lucic hitting DeKeyser in the balls with his stick.

Guess what kind of hockey I appreciate.

While we're at it, how about some love for a good ole Saskatchewan boy - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVowKsZETvQ

Dobber Sports Guru

It amuses me that one thread is blasting Cooke for being a dirty player, and this thread is loving Lucic for being a dirty player.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    It amuses me that one thread is blasting Cooke for being a dirty player, and this thread is loving Lucic for being a dirty player.
    There's plenty of grey when discussing "dirty" players. Many players, even Crosby and Kessel, have used their stick on a rare occasion to protect themselves or send a message. Cooke has a history of using his elbows to target the head, hit from behind and lead with the knee to blast his opponents knees. BIG difference. It's like comparing a Jalapeno to a Naga Viper and saying, "they're both hot peppers."
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    If Avery could play, he'd still be in the league.
    This.

Don't confuse the ability to get under everyone's skin and become a sideshow to the game with actual 'talent'

Lucic is a hockey player, and a pretty good one at that. Avery was a mistake.

Dobber Sports Stud

Lucic is a hell of player. He can get away with what he wants because he can fight anyone in the league. He is a goon and a goon who can score and play the game the right way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmkVyPN01s

Yeah he sure can fight Laraque. Oh wait. He ran. He also ran from Colton Orr. Still, he's a hell of a puss- er.. player.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCmkVyPN01s

Yeah he sure can fight Laraque. Oh wait. He ran. He also ran from Colton Orr. Still, he's a hell of a puss- er.. player.
    Hey. Didn't you see that top 10 where he won a bunch of fights against guys who never fight or were much smaller than him? I mean he beat up Brandon Prust. He only has like 5 inches and 40 lbs on Prust. That was risky to take that fight.

Banned

Bench of Lucic haters in this thread lol. You'd kill to have him on your team.

Dobber Sports Icon

Not going to defend the spear. Stupid/dirty bloody move on Lucic's part. And he needs to lay off with that kind of crap. I'm a huge Lucic fan and he was even my most recent jersey purchase. Love his rough style and he plays Bruins style hockey. But there's no need to spear a guy in the junk.

To anyone calling him out for not being tough though, I think you have lost your marbles. Take a look at his fight card over on hockeyfights.com for this season. 7 fights and the biggest size advantage he had was being 2 inches taller than a player who weighs the same as him. He's listed at 6'3, 205 for comparison.

Dalton Prout CBJ - 6'2, 201
    Deryk Engelland PIT - 6'2, 202
    Luke Gazdic, EDM - 6'3, 210
    Jordan Nolan, LA - 6'3, 225
    Krys Barch, FLA - 6'2, 200
    Ryan Clowe, NJ - 6'3, 225
    David Clarkson, TOR - 6'1, 206

Over his career, he has had good scraps with other heavyweights like Carkner, Aulie, Gaustad, Sestito, Erskine and Harrison. It's not like he goes around picking fights solely with guys like Prust and Kaleta who he has a size advantage on. When you're a bigger dude like he is, sometimes you're going to have a size advantage. Some of those fights are going to make the TSN top 10 because you use that size advantage to ragdoll your opponent.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

But a stick that hard there still moves the cup up and…. Yeah pinch ouch. Even in beer league that move happens and it hurts. Even if it doesn’t hit square on, there’s no padding on the inside of the legs (gooch?) and that hurts. I see I’ve opened up a massive can of worms with this thread ahaha. For playing with Avery, no one cares, don’t name drop. For the Lucic fights, I bet you he’s punched someone in the face with a ref between him and the player 1000 times. A skilled player doesn’t need to fight because his job is to put the puck in the net. But a skilled player doesn’t need to engage in that stuff at all.
    I like Lucic’s style of play because it fits so well with Boston. However, I’d be steaming at the ears with the little dumb plays he does after (sometimes during) the whistle. He has clearly found his home, and if he wants to succeed he would be wise to stay there. I can’t see him playing well on a fast team, or a disciplined team.

Would I want him on my team? My team is the Leafs and he wouldn’t fit at all on it because he’d be top 6, and no one is a fighter on the leafs top 6. So Lucic would start a fight and would have to finish a fight on the Leafs.

He’s been in the league 7 yrs, and over the last 2 years he’s done “goon” like actions. The spearings, completely destroying Miller, punching guys when a ref is between them, him chirping the fans (not at all bad, but it adds to his image of an emotional player), they’re just things I’d expect from a goon, and not a 60pt scorer.

Ps. As I was writing this 4T2 posted his comment. I would have expected Lucic to be more than 205lbs, but no one tells the truth on there anyways. Anyone remember that picture of him at the team Canada ball hockey thing? Haha, spare tire much.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Legend

Bench of Lucic haters in this thread lol. You'd kill to have him on your team.
    In a heartbeat. He's in the Top-20 players I would want on my team if I could have anyone.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    To anyone calling him out for not being tough though, I think you have lost your marbles. Take a look at his fight card over on hockeyfights.com for this season. 7 fights and the biggest size advantage he had was being 2 inches taller than a player who weighs the same as him. He's listed at 6'3, 205 for comparison.

Dalton Prout CBJ - 6'2, 201
    Deryk Engelland PIT - 6'2, 202
    Luke Gazdic, EDM - 6'3, 210
    Jordan Nolan, LA - 6'3, 225
    Krys Barch, FLA - 6'2, 200
    David Clarkson, TOR - 6'1, 206
    He's listed at 6'4, 220 in most places... including before all of the fights shown on the 'Top 10' fights list if I recall correctly (some of which were his rookie year).

Frankly, I think the 220 might be a tad low, dude is big.

My problem with Lucic is simply that he's a bully and I don't like bullies. He pulls this cheap crap because he's bigger and stronger than 98% of the league and he can get away with it just flashing by a shit-eating grin and a 'wanna go' motion to some poor bastard who'd just be volunteering for a beating. He's good enough to be an impact player (and a big one at that) without it and that's what drives me crazy.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    He's listed at 6'4, 220 in most places... including before all of the fights shown on the 'Top 10' fights list if I recall correctly (some of which were his rookie year).

My problem with Lucic is simply that he's a bully and I don't like bullies. He pulls this cheap crap because he's bigger and stronger than 98% of the league and he can get away with it just flashing by a shit-eating grin and a 'wanna go' motion to some poor bastard who'd just be volunteering for a beating. He's good enough to be an impact player (and a big one at that) without it and that's what drives me crazy.
    Lucic is the closest thing, intimidation-wise, to Eric Lindros as we'll see. Dude is a flat-out gorilla.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    But a stick that hard there still moves the cup up and…. Yeah pinch ouch. Even in beer league that move happens and it hurts. Even if it doesn’t hit square on, there’s no padding on the inside of the legs (gooch?) and that hurts. I see I’ve opened up a massive can of worms with this thread ahaha. For playing with Avery, no one cares, don’t name drop. For the Lucic fights, I bet you he’s punched someone in the face with a ref between him and the player 1000 times. A skilled player doesn’t need to fight because his job is to put the puck in the net. But a skilled player doesn’t need to engage in that stuff at all.
    I like Lucic’s style of play because it fits so well with Boston. However, I’d be steaming at the ears with the little dumb plays he does after (sometimes during) the whistle. He has clearly found his home, and if he wants to succeed he would be wise to stay there. I can’t see him playing well on a fast team, or a disciplined team.

Would I want him on my team? My team is the Leafs and he wouldn’t fit at all on it because he’d be top 6, and no one is a fighter on the leafs top 6. So Lucic would start a fight and would have to finish a fight on the Leafs.

He’s been in the league 7 yrs, and over the last 2 years he’s done “goon” like actions. The spearings, completely destroying Miller, punching guys when a ref is between them, him chirping the fans (not at all bad, but it adds to his image of an emotional player), they’re just things I’d expect from a goon, and not a 60pt scorer.

Ps. As I was writing this 4T2 posted his comment. I would have expected Lucic to be more than 205lbs, but no one tells the truth on there anyways. Anyone remember that picture of him at the team Canada ball hockey thing? Haha, spare tire much.
    Yeah, tough to say what he actually weighs. Bet you wouldn't make the spare tire comment to his face though

Here's the image you are talking about

He does look chubby there for sure but we all have pics where we look bigger than we actually are. I can look like I'm pregnant from the wrong angle at the wrong time but if I flex I damn near have my six pack back.

Regardless, yes Lucic has crossed the line a few times and is entering/solidifying his spot as a "dirty" player. I don't think he's near Cooke territory yet but he should definitely try to rein in his actions.

If you think Lucic would not improve the Leafs top-6, you really need to give your head a check. I'm not saying he'd definitely fit with the current top 6, but he is a player you build around, not shoehorn in. I take him over everyone not named Kessel in the Leafs Top 6. As far as finishing his own fights, he is plenty capable of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post

He's listed at 6'3 and 235 on NHL.com.

Here's an updated list from there

Dalton Prout CBJ - 6'3, 222
    Deryk Engelland PIT - 6'2, 215
    Luke Gazdic, EDM - 6'3, 240
    Jordan Nolan, LA - 6'3, 221
    Krys Barch, FLA - 6'2, 225
    David Clarkson, TOR - 6'1, 200

I wouldn't call Lucic a bully. If he was a big guy who didn't throw his weight around, everyone would criticize him for using his size. Being a big dude and using it to his advantage either through physicality or intimidation is what makes him such an effective player. I agree that the cheap plays are something he needs to get out of his game. But to criticize the guy and say he's a bully for using his strongest attributes doesn't make much sense to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Without me, it's only "aweso".