Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Ref Mode and Lucic Suck

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Playoff Ref Mode and Lucic Suck

Lucic is a goon. If the Bruins were facing any other team than Detroit, he wouldn’t of done used his stick like that. He only does it when he knows he won’t have to pay for it. You don’t see him doing that against bigger teams like the Leafs, St Louis, LA, or Philly. He is literally a chubbier more skilled Avery. He’s lucky he’s found a home in a city that is literally suspension proof. Next game one ref better be watching him like a hawk, anything he does, like a bit of a slash, or chirping I’d send him to the bin. It’s especially bad this yrs playoffs with players getting away with anything. Cooke 2minutes, but might be suspended? It should have been 5 and a game. Seabrook as a star player gets only 3? Keith with his stickwork up by players faces? A ‘not technically’ a slewfoot on Benoit last night?
    1.) I hope Lucic gets absolutely destroyed by someone, and because the refs constantly miss calls, there won’t be a penalty on the play
    2.) I hope the refs start calling things fairly
    3.) I hope 1 happens before 2
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Banned

Default Re: Playoff Ref Mode and Lucic Suck

Lucic is a hell of player. He can get away with what he wants because he can fight anyone in the league. He is a goon and a goon who can score and play the game the right way.

Dobber Sports Titan

If Cooke sacked someone twice with his stick CLEARLY on purpose, everyone would be screaming for him to be kicked out of the league. Lucic gets away with everything because he’s on Boston, and that’s just their “style” of play. You’re clearly a Boston fan, because only Boston fans stand behind people who intentionally sack someone because he lost a battle in the corner.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    If Cooke sacked someone twice with his stick CLEARLY on purpose, everyone would be screaming for him to be kicked out of the league. Lucic gets away with everything because he’s on Boston, and that’s just their “style” of play. You’re clearly a Boston fan, because only Boston fans stand behind people who intentionally sack someone because he lost a battle in the corner.
    you couldn't be more wrong here

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha, loving the hate!

Big Ev is a huge Sens fan, but I don't think he has any special love for the Bruins. Lucic is a talented goon who can skate and score. That makes him invaluable. He's making $6M/per for the next two seasons. I suspect Boston will re-sign the brute as he epitomizes Bruin hockey, but imagine what he would fetch on the open market as a 27-year-old UFA? Did anyone notice what David Clarkson got?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

I didn't even notice your Pic sorry! i should know Ev is a sens fan

i couldn't defend him sacking 2 separate players and doing it behind the play so the refs don’t see. Him running Miller and saying it was by accident. He plays a style of hockey that is very useful in the playoffs (grinding and hard hitting), but his antics are happening more and more often. He’s getting away with these too, which is why he continues to do it. If I’m not mistaken the play on DeKeyser was almost the exact same as Emelin, lost the battle, got emotional, targeted the junk. I would of thought it merited more the a $5k fine.

i guess my point is he has too much talent to be getting into dumb things like that. I would like him on my team, but only if he cut the antics out of his game.

Dobber Sports Guru

It all starts with the NHL and what they want to do. If Lucic was suspended, or even fined, after the Emelin incident, Lucic probably wouldn't have done anything like that to Detroit. But the league let it go, so Lucic knew if he got away with it once, he could get away with it twice.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Banned

I didn't even notice your Pic sorry! i should know Ev is a sens fan

i couldn't defend him sacking 2 separate players and doing it behind the play so the refs don’t see. Him running Miller and saying it was by accident. He plays a style of hockey that is very useful in the playoffs (grinding and hard hitting), but his antics are happening more and more often. He’s getting away with these too, which is why he continues to do it. If I’m not mistaken the play on DeKeyser was almost the exact same as Emelin, lost the battle, got emotional, targeted the junk. I would of thought it merited more the a $5k fine.

i guess my point is he has too much talent to be getting into dumb things like that. I would like him on my team, but only if he cut the antics out of his game.
    I'm not saying what he did was right, but what is the difference between this and any other slash in terms of what the punishment should be? Yes it is very painful but any slash could do damage to whatever body part is being slashed. This should have been a penalty but I don't see how you can suspend him for that.

Administrator

The stick stuff is inexcusable and the league looks totally inept for doing nothing (as usual) but to put a guy that scored between 59 and 62 points three times in Avery's category is just wrong. He's actually a very good player.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wow, some serious bleeding hearts up in here. Have you guys watched a playoff game from the 70's or 80's recently? Guys were swinging sticks at each other's heads and doing much worse than a little love-tap to the family jewels. These guys are going to do anything it takes to try and win a Cup, and that includes playing dirty.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The stick stuff is inexcusable and the league looks totally inept for doing nothing (as usual) but to put a guy that scored between 59 and 62 points three times in Avery's category is just wrong. He's actually a very good player.
    he plays the same style of play as Avery, but more skilled (like i said above). He's someone you want on your team, but never to play against. But after 2 years of "out-of-character" actions by Lucic, has he dipped his toe into these antics and have seen he can get away with it?

As for “not every slash is suspend-able”, not every hit is either. Like real state, location location location.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Have you guys watched a playoff game from the 70's or 80's recently?
    I might be entirely wrong here but my watch, phone and computer all say we're not in the 70s and 80s anymore.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

he plays the same style of play as Avery, but more skilled (like i said above). He's someone you want on your team, but never to play against. But after 2 years of "out-of-character" actions by Lucic, has he dipped his toe into these antics and have seen he can get away with it?

As for “not every slash is suspend-able”, not every hit is either. Like real state, location location location.

I'm not a Bruins fan and I'm sorry if you are butthurt over Lucic, but his style of play is nothing like that of Avery. Don't see how you make that comparison.

Avery was huge ******* and instigator who who could barely play hockey and turtled whenever someone tried to take him on. Lucic is one the premier power forwards in the league and can kick the $hit out of anyone who tries to mess with him.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Shelf View Post
    I'm not a Bruins fan and I'm sorry if you are butthurt over Lucic, but his style of play is nothing like that of Avery. Don't see how you make that comparison.

Avery was huge ******* and instigator who who could barely play hockey and turtled whenever someone tried to take him on. Lucic is one the premier power forwards in the league and can kick the $hit out of anyone who tries to mess with him.
    he wasn't a huge puss and to say he could barely play hockey is completely asinine and shows a pretty horrible amount of hatred for the player, sorry you are butthurt over avery, or a complete and utter lack of hockey knowledge

yes he was an instigator who would turtle many times to draw the penalty not because he was afraid to fight but because it was not his job to fight

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Stud

Lucic is a douche bag on skates. A douche bag, we would all love to have on our favourite team. Tough as nails and can score, just not very smart.

It was, cowardly for spearing someone from behind in the balls.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty