Thread: Michael Del Zotto and Tyler Myers

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Michael Del Zotto and Tyler Myers

Any chance either one becomes an offensive force again? and your thoughts on either one for the future

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Michael Del Zotto and Tyler Myers

I think Myers is more likely to bounce back than MDZ.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not touching either. Ever.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Maybe but not this year, as MDZ is third pairing in nasvhville, and Myers is well....Myers. I would look elsewhere for scoring. Roman Josi or Jack Johnson come to mind.
    [I]12 Team Salary Cap Keeper:
    Fowards: Points Only
    Defenseman: Points & .1 points for hits and BS
    Goalies: 2 pts for win & 3 pts for shutout.

Dobber Sports Pro

Myers still holds some real value in leagues which count Hits/Blocked shots and I haven't completely given up hope the offense will come around again. Here's the thing, Myers offense won't improve until the Sabres improve, and right now that seems like an awfully long time from now. Myers is also the poster boy for the kind of player you hold onto in these kind of situations(stuck on bad team) and hope they get traded. Myers really needs that "change of scenery" treatment. I've never been a big Del Zotto fan and I felt the move to Nashville really hurt his fantasy value even more.

Hope that helps.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Tough question. MDZ is much more offensively gifted, but Myers has the more rounded game that leads to more minutes. I think Myers was set up to disappoint after his rookie year as he just never projected to have a ton of offense at the NHL level, and then hit 48 as a rookie. There was really no winning for him after that.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar