Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Cooke back at it

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Cooke back at it

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    once a piece of shit, always a piece of shit

someone needs to end his career permanently...if that day ever comes beers are on me boys!
    Man, am I ever with you on this.

It was never a doubt for me. Cooke is garbage and always has been. "Cleaned" up his game eh...? Yeah...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports All-Star

Well thats what CBC stands for. 'Commercial Break Channel'.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    He went right at him, eh?

Steve - you may have been joking, but I really think he's getting 20 here
    I honestly think it should be closer to 30, like 25+. Enough to send a message in all of these playoffs and into next season, so we can still be talking about it. Enough is enough.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Cooke is a valuable contributor to a team. He kills penalties and he's a solid 3rd line checker. Just because he makes the occasional dirty hit doesn't mean that's all he does.
    You are absolutely right.

The best way to contribute to your team is to injure the opposition's best players so that this opposition cannot rely on them while trying to beat your team. A further way to contribute is to take yourself, a slow, washed up dirty enforcer, out of the lineup with a suspension to allow a younger, skilled hockey player to take your place throughout that series.

Cooke has just helped Minnesota take a huge step towards winning this series. I hope he gets "honoured" for his contributions soon.
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    Just because he makes the occasional dirty hit doesn't mean that's all he does.
    'Occasional'? Are you drunk? You need to give your head a good shake son, you're living in some kind of bizarro fantasy world -lmao

Here's a timeline of some of Cooke's 'occasional' work...16 different incidents in just 3 years, seriously do yourself a favor and watch them for me.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...tt-cooke-hits/

That's up to 2011, that's the point when he decided he needed to 'change' his game and turn over a new leaf. But since then we've had:

Karlsson's achilles - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyfTzunzrUk
    Nichuskin's knee - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y21rcU4ijVk
    Slewfooting Richards - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBZX68jTZJE
    and Subban - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iY9nyK7X3g
    Boarding Jackman - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iwNl4k_2VY
    and Weber - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-IWqGA-YjA
    and Ortmeyer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ1Jf155Bw8

and I'm forgetting more than a few here.

At what point are you jokers going to stop defending him? How many injuries does he have to cause? How many careers does he have to end before you get it? He's a cancer on the league that is long overdue for some surgery.

Dobber Sports Titan

If he cut this dumb sh!t out you could argue he’d be a decent bottom 6 guy. But he’s bringing bad mojo to the sport with these stunts. He’s making it seem ok to intentionally hurt someone. I’d suspend the crap out of him. He’s under contract till 2016 for 3mill too! That’s a crap ton for someone who is only out to injure people
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

I know what you're saying, but that's Cooke's mentality and that's why he keeps getting into trouble. His thought was to make a big hit and he was 'reckless' doing so, therefore, he has to be responsible for his actions as a result.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think teams should just go vigilante justice on Cooke to get him out of the league. Whenever your team plays the Wild, you call up the meanest lunatic in your farm system, and every time Cooke steps on the ice, said hooligan bee-lines it for Cooke and doesn't take no for an answer. Pretty soon, the Cookie Monster won't be so eager to step on the ice if he knows he is going to get his face broken every time he does.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    I think teams should just go vigilante justice on Cooke to get him out of the league.
    This is how you handle rats like Cooke (and why the Instigator should be removed):

8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    This is how you handle rats like Cooke (and why the Instigator should be removed):

Yup, I despise the instigator rule....it's allowed the rats to multiply and thrive.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Banned

I think teams should just go vigilante justice on Cooke to get him out of the league. Whenever your team plays the Wild, you call up the meanest lunatic in your farm system, and every time Cooke steps on the ice, said hooligan bee-lines it for Cooke and doesn't take no for an answer. Pretty soon, the Cookie Monster won't be so eager to step on the ice if he knows he is going to get his face broken every time he does.
    That's a fine idea! Every team in the league should just keep an Ogie Ogilthorpe clone in waiting, ready to call up anytime they play Cooke. The more psycho he is the better, just tell him to go out there and do as much damage as possible, aim for the head and knees and the situation would sort itself out within the course of the season. I like it!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I usually don't believe in vigilante justice, but in Cooke's case, I say "arm the mob".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    That's a fine idea! Every team in the league should just keep an Ogie Ogilthorpe clone in waiting, ready to call up anytime they play Cooke. The more psycho he is the better, just tell him to go out there and do as much damage as possible, aim for the head and knees and the situation would sort itself out within the course of the season. I like it!
    .....just like in the war, when the general tells a soldier to complete a mission "by whatever means necessary". Live by the sword, die by the sword.....no one would shed any tears over all the beatings and cheap hits that would be coming his way. He's dished out 10x more ill-intentioned hits than he has ever received, so this would just be karma swiftly and painfully catching up with him. Cooke can't hurt people and shorten careers when he is on the IR himself.

Banned

.....just like in the war, when the general tells a soldier to complete a mission "by whatever means necessary". Live by the sword, die by the sword.....no one would shed any tears over all the beatings and cheap hits that would be coming his way. He's dished out 10x more ill-intentioned hits than he has ever received, so this would just be karma swiftly and painfully catching up with him. Cooke can't hurt people and shorten careers when he is on the IR himself.
    hear hear!

Lets usher in a new era of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Well thats what CBC stands for. 'Commercial Break Channel'.
    Yup. Those sellouts