Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black and Blues: Duncan Keith will Be Bruised and Battered by Series End

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Black and Blues: Duncan Keith will Be Bruised and Battered by Series End

What will happen throughout the rest of the ‪#‎STLBlues‬ Round 1 match-up against Chicago is uncertain, but one can bet that ‪#‎DuncanKeith‬ won't get away with cheap play much longer:

http://thehockeywriters.com/blackhawks-blues-series-will-leave-duncan-keith-black-and-blue/

‪#‎
    THW‬
    ‪#‎hockey‬

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Black and Blues: Duncan Keith will Be Bruised and Battered by Series End

I think, regardless of the series, the STL Blues goal is to play the physical game and wear down their opponent and opposing stars. Don't think it will change too much!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Black and Blues: Duncan Keith will Be Bruised and Battered by Series End

Great point!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Just Keith fighting back, the Blues are making him work hard and pounding him hard. Welcome to playoff hockey.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Wizard

Ok, I'm a Hawks fan. But for the love of god that was an awful article. Is THW going for legitimacy? Or just a collection of meaningless blogs? "All-American Captain David Backes"? Keith's "cowardly nature"? Keith "whacking Tarasenko in the face"?

The Seabrook hit was awful. We get that, no one in their right mind is arguing that. But everything else is stuff that happens in every single game of every single NHL season. Holy crap Keith slashed a guy? Holy crap Keith waved his stick in front of someone's face to mess with him? Obviously he's an awful person.

And please stop with the villainization over the "wakey wakey Backes" thing. These are two teams that hate each other....these players are not friends. Especially Backes who plays right on the line every night. Nothing wrong with that he's a great player, but he's always on that line and these teams have played a lot of hockey against each other over the years. I know just playing beer league there are some players and teams I don't care for, and when something happens I've found myself saying some choice words in my head. This is the NHL playoffs, shits gonna happen.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Banned

Keith is a bitch.

Dobber Sports Monster

The hit on Backes pissed me off, Seabs is better than that. I don't mind the emotion from Keith and Toews or anyone else for that matter. For Christ Sakes its the Chicago Blackhawks vs the St. Louis Blues. It's also David Backes who's a jackass and certainly has done his share of bullshit, It's probably a good bet that bitch would be saying " wakey wakey Toews" or Keith, Seabrook, whomever... if it was reversed.

Banned

awesome...mods deleting posts again...good work boys, good work

Dobber Sports Monster

Which post? I haven't deleted anything. I don't see any deletions...let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm letting my temper get the better of me and I apologize.

I've asked you several times if you wanted to be blocked from this area so you wouldn't have to see any THW posts. I asked you via PM if you could let me at least 'try' and see if this kind of partnership with THW would work - without you jumping in and being negative and perhaps turning new readers against THW before they even try them.
    Last edited by Dobber; April 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: apology
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Which post? I haven't deleted anything. I don't see any deletions...let me know.
    Oddly enough I wasn't even being the obnoxious mcgoo that gets himself in trouble...I was just agreeing with Fast Tony Deniro's comments.
    No biggie, it wasn't an earth shattering post or anything...just don't ever like to see posts deleted

I...am your father.

I edited my post and apologized. My post was my temper acting up - I regret my original post and hope you don't mind my deleting your quoting of it.

Hopefully you can forgive me Mister McGoo and at the same time, just stay away from this area that you hate so much.

Happy to discuss anything via PM or email, or even the phone. Thanks again
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

haha well, i think you're still missing the point, but I do appreciate the sentiment

not a big deal, like I said, I was simply agreeing with Fast Tony, it's not like it was an earth shattering post or anything

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Ok, I'm a Hawks fan. But for the love of god that was an awful article. Is THW going for legitimacy? Or just a collection of meaningless blogs? "All-American Captain David Backes"? Keith's "cowardly nature"? Keith "whacking Tarasenko in the face"?

The Seabrook hit was awful. We get that, no one in their right mind is arguing that. But everything else is stuff that happens in every single game of every single NHL season. Holy crap Keith slashed a guy? Holy crap Keith waved his stick in front of someone's face to mess with him? Obviously he's an awful person.
    Meh- I skimmed through the article. Looks like something a honors HS student would put together (Surprised there was no Sedin clip). It's playoff hockey and you do what you can get away with. Is he going to mention the half dozen body shots Roman Polak landed while fighting for a puck along the boards last night? Why not write an article about Max Lapierre? And using Don Cherry to back up your viewpoint? Do people really listen to that buffoon?

Make no mistake, I am a Chicago fan but I am not particularly a Keith fan. While he is a marvelous hockey player, I am not really a fan of the person. He is a hot-head and is borderline dirty.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Agreed, and that's why I love it!