Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Black and Blues: Duncan Keith will Be Bruised and Battered by Series End

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Black and Blues: Duncan Keith will Be Bruised and Battered by Series End

I'm a Blues fan and wrote this article to point out that Seabrook wasn't the only Hawk fighting dirty, and as a Blues fan I will obviously discount what they have done lol. The fact that so many people are worked up about it means I did my job as a writer, and I would like it to be noted that I extremely dislike Maxim Lapierre and the way he plays, as well as Steve Ott and was very upset when the Blues acquired each of them (we have players in the AHL that could come up and fill their roles just fine, for less money). But they are role players and that is their job (just like Matt Cooke, who I also hate), what is worse is players who are good enough to not have to play cheap and choose to anyway (as public enemy number 1 in my book Dustin Brown does).

The bottom line remains, it's playoff hockey emotions are heated, play is intensified and that's what makes it so great and what keeps us captivated as fans. Regardless of your thoughts on this particular article the series has been great so far and will be amazing until it concludes. Game 3 showed the professionalism return to the ice (with the exception of Polak's early antics to Bollig's kidneys which should've been called), and it was an awesome game to watch because of that.

And thanks for saying I'd make the Honor Roll, heck yeah! A's all the way, 4.0!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Black and Blues: Duncan Keith will Be Bruised and Battered by Series End

Quote Originally Posted by mpoepping View Post
    I'm a Blues fan and wrote this article to point out that Seabrook wasn't the only Hawk fighting dirty, and as a Blues fan I will obviously discount what they have done lol. The fact that so many people are worked up about it means I did my job as a writer, and I would like it to be noted that I extremely dislike Maxim Lapierre and the way he plays, as well as Steve Ott and was very upset when the Blues acquired each of them (we have players in the AHL that could come up and fill their roles just fine, for less money). But they are role players and that is their job (just like Matt Cooke, who I also hate), what is worse is players who are good enough to not have to play cheap and choose to anyway (as public enemy number 1 in my book Dustin Brown does).

The bottom line remains, it's playoff hockey emotions are heated, play is intensified and that's what makes it so great and what keeps us captivated as fans. Regardless of your thoughts on this particular article the series has been great so far and will be amazing until it concludes. Game 3 showed the professionalism return to the ice (with the exception of Polak's early antics to Bollig's kidneys which should've been called), and it was an awesome game to watch because of that.

And thanks for saying I'd make the Honor Roll, heck yeah! A's all the way, 4.0!
    Clearly you aren't as concerned with professionalism in your writing, as being a Blues fan shouldn't impact the articles you write. Extremely unprofessional.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

If you read the article you will see that it is from an objective point of view, some may just not agree with the content. Obviously this came out before game 3 so I couldn't really include anything about Polak's shots, or Lapierre's poor judgement in that game. Also, if you read any of my other articles you would see exactly how professional I am (don't judge a book by its cover).

That comment was made to clear up the confusion about why I was focusing so heavily on Duncan Keith's shortcomings, because it was from the Blues' perspective.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't see why getting people worked up means you did your job as a writer. If you're just out for page views than I guess congratulations but if you're looking to actually write something of substance getting people worked up should not be your prime objective.

However, if it was written as a blog post by a Blues fan, than more power to you and write whatever you want. That is why I asked in my post if this was a blog or a legit piece of writing.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't know much about the journalism profession but I am very skeptical of any fan writing a critical piece about a heated opponent that he says is objective.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The reason this means I did my job is because only a small number of readers are upset by this post. Most people who have read it understand that Keith got caught up in some unfavorable activities in game 2, and they were overshadowed by Seabrook's hit. Those upset are probably fans of Keith or the Blackhawks (not saying everyone here is) and I don't expect to win any of them over, at least not until this series has ended one way or another.

If you're upset about this article you can choose not to read it, or to comment, it makes no difference yet you feel entitled to try and belittle others for their points of view (those who have worked their way to where they are, and have proven their knowledge of the game and ability to write).

If this is how you choose to spend your time then more power to you, but nothing said will change what happened or what will. I leave this with a comment I've made elsewhere in regards to this article:

If Grapes is calling out a fellow Canadian about what he calls "gutless" play, then something is obviously aloof.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mpoepping
    I'm a Blues fan
    Quote Originally Posted by mpoepping
    If you read the article you will see that it is from an objective point of view
    Hehe...
    GO WINGS!