Thread: Bernier, Schneider, Andersen, Gibson, Reimer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Bernier, Schneider, Andersen, Gibson, Reimer

This past season, I relied on Bernier/Reimer for way too long. Also owned Fasth, but he rarely played.
    When Fasth got injured (and I was sick of streaming goalies like Mchelhinny and Enroth to make minimum starts) I traded for Andersen from the eventual league champ.
    Later, traded skaters away for Schneider. The exact trade isn't really important.
    At the trade deadline, I traded Fasth away, and grabbed Gibson from FA.

Looking ahead to next year, I have:

Cory Schneider
    Jonathon Bernier
    Frederik Andersen
    John Gibson
    James Reimer

I've always liked Reimer, and I played him in nearly every game he started this year - always expecting him to turn it around. Sadly, he has turned into a big fat (?) in my lineup.

Now, obviously Andersen looks great now - and the general consensus seems to be that he starts at least 50% of Anaheim's games next season. But where does that leave me?
    I was toying with the idea of keeping Gibson for next year (we keep 17 of 21) for a while, but after his fantastic play at the end of the season I've made up my mind to keep. I don't expect him to play next year, but if I get reliable starts from my other goalies then I can afford to hold onto him....But.... I would need to drop Reimer.
    Can I really afford to do that? Goalies are such a premium that I could probably move Reimer (assuming he gets traded and creates some hype) to another team easily for a worthwhile keeper. I would need to be able to count on my main 3 guys keeping me afloat though.

Or, do I still need to do something to improve my tenders? I'd like to think that Schneider and Bernier are for-sure starters on their respective teams next year, but I would feel a lot more comfortable with Andersen at least in a strong 1B position. If that's the case, then I wouldn't need Reimer anymore. If I keep Reimer, it would mean dropping someone of Yakupov / Morgan Rielly / Pominville. Reimer has been one of my personal fav players ever since he entered the league, as I am a diehard* leafs fan. (die very hard... oh so hard... and so often)

What do you think? Do these look like goalies that I can count on next season? In 2 years? It is a 14 team keeper, minimum 4 appearances a week.
    If you got this far, thanks for reading
    Last edited by Stringer; April 21, 2014 at 4:58 PM. Reason: forgot...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Bernier, Schneider, Andersen, Gibson, Reimer

I think you'd be safe with Bernier/Schneider/Andersen. Bernier and Schneider alone should get you to your minimum starts and should have decent enough numbers. Even if the Ducks bring in a vet to split time with Andersen his numbers and wins should be good. He might not start 60 games next year, but even if he only plays 40 he should hit 25 wins with the chance for a lot more games and wins. Reimer is a league-average goalie so if you can get an ok return for him I'd say it's worth it.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Thanks.
    I could hold Reimer during the off-season, but it is tough to remain competitive with 5 or more goalies so I would need to sell early.
    Even right now, if trades were allowed there are probably 3-4 teams that would take him. And I can't imagine any managers dropping a better goalie for the re-entry draft, so he would get scoped up early IMO.

Dobber Sports Stud

Cory Schneider
    Jonathon Bernier
    Frederik Andersen
    John Gibson
    James Reimer

Is how I would rank them, and on the starts they see. They will all be starters, Schneider, Bernier, and Andersen. Hiller should be moving along, same with Reimer. Gibson is interesting but if your looking for starts pass!
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Your choice would be to try and trade Reimer along with one of your keepers for an upgrade keeper. Gibson could be gold in a couple years, so I would hang onto him. Your other three goalies will carry you no problem next season. Just hate giving up an asset without trying to improve your keepers.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Not counting for starts from Gibson next year. BUT, it would be sweet...

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Not counting for starts from Gibson next year. BUT, it would be sweet...
    These playoffs show that Andersen is their man, meaning Hiller walks, arguably. So Gibson could see games next season for sure
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot