Thread: Happy 25th birthday to the Nintendo Gameboy!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Happy 25th birthday to the Nintendo Gameboy!

How old are you and does this make you feel older? I know it makes me feel a hell of a lot older.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...nada&ir=Canada

The Nintendo Game Boy is now a man.

The ground-breaking handheld games machine was released 25 years ago today in Japan on April 21, 1989.

While it didn't make its way officially to the UK until 1990, it almost immediately changed the way we looked at video games - and portable gadgets. Yes, it played a mean version of Tetris. But it's almost fair to say it also paved the way for handheld gadgets like the iPod and the iPhone - both of which arguably pay a passing resemblance to Nintendo's grey brick of joy.

And of course, the Game Boy had a long life itself.

It was an immediate success on its launch, and went on to sell 118.69 million units (along with its successor, the Game Boy Colour). It was also redesigned in 1996 and 1998 as the Game Boy Pocket and Game Boy Light (in Japan).

Needless to say, the later Nintendo DS and 3DS also have more than a little to do with the original Game Boy's success.

To mark its anniversary, we have a full program of celebration. We've rounded up reviews of some of our favourite games here, we have a full review of the original system and our editors have collected their 25 fondest memories.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Happy 25th birthday to the Nintendo Gameboy!

Wow!
    I still have mine somewhere. I'll have to break that bad boy out to celebrate the 25 years.
    10 Team Keeper League. 2017 Champion
    Points only. H2H weekly changes. 36 player roster, dress 20 players - 12 F, 6 D, 2 G.

Forwards: (G=1, A=1)
    Patrick Kane, Stamkos, Tarasenko, Wheeler, Marchand, Barzal, Voracek, Svechnikov, Mikael Granlund, Keller, Kevin Hayes, Borgstrom, Stepan, Dvorak, Schmaltz, Yamamoto, Tolvanen

Defence: (G=1, A=1)
    Shattenkirk, Byfuglien, Gostisbehere, Giordano, Goligoski, Niskanen, Montour, Severson, Girard, Boqvist, Brännström, Honka

Goalies: (W=2 + SO=2)
    Frederik Andersen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Padawan

very cool thx for sharing.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Motocross Maniacs!

I played the **** out of that game! Btw, for anyone interested it is very easy to install a virtual gaming system on your computer (and Android devices) that will let you play all your favourite games once again, free. Not really sure how legal it is, but I tend to go by the rule of thumb that if something is available for free download on a million sites, it must be legal.

Virtualboy i think is the classic one. You can find them for any gaming system. Then, download a .ROM file of whatever game you want and vualla!
    You don't even have to look hard - just search them on Google's app store.

Dobber Sports Giant

I remember playing Tetris soooo much on long road trips that when I went to bed at night, I would see those same blocks dropping down left and right in my head!

Dr. Mario and Super Mario Land are up there as well in my most played GB games!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay