Thread: Justin Upton

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Justin Upton

I have been offered Allen Craig and Jared Weaver for Andrew McCutchen. I say hell no to that, but should I consider doing it for Justin Upton instead? My pitching has been mediocre at best, but I've never been a big fan of Waver with his lack of Ks. My staff is Cobb, Anibal Sanchez, Kluber, Archer, Minor, Tillman, Odorizzi, Liriano, Skaggs. We start 5 SPs, and one rookie pitcher (hence Odorizzi).
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Justin Upton

No, Weaver is not what he once was. He is very average nowadays and falling into that streamer/back of the rotation category. You can and should get more for Upton.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What if I got Choo instead of Craig? Or Fister instead of Weaver? Or some combination?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you can get Choo and Craig than yes I'd sign off on that easily. Choo and Fister is decent but I might ask for a slighlty better pitcher or an upgrade elsewhere to make the deal but Choo and Fister is fair value.