Thread: frans nielson

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default frans nielson

where do you think frans will fit in with the islanders next year? with strome coming on board and tavares back i see him getting squeezed out to the third line and losing pp time also. brock nelson is also in the mix but i believe the islanders have him on the wing.

i just traded frans for hank sedin. my league counts fw as a stat as well as g,a, total pts and ppp. i am hoping for a bounce back from hank and the canucks although with torts there it is a big gamble. considering i think frans ice is going to go down i think i should come out ahead for now.

I...am your father.

Default Re: frans nielson

Yep, Frans will/should see a decline. He has too much to offer at both ends of the rink whereas Strome can offer his services in just the one end. I think you see one more 60+ year out of Frans, before he kind of does a Plekanec and starts posting 50 per season.

Also - welcome to the forum, man!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

With Capuano coming back, I think you will see Frans in the same role as he was this year...
    Second line center, number one PP.
    Capuano isn't really capable of new ideas...

The Wolverine

Welcome to the forum, scoop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Yep, Frans will/should see a decline. He has too much to offer at both ends of the rink whereas Strome can offer his services in just the one end. I think you see one more 60+ year out of Frans, before he kind of does a Plekanec and starts posting 50 per season.
    You mean his first 60+ point season?

Any chance that Nielsen could remain C2 and Strome play the wing?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Welcome to the forum, scoop.

You mean his first 60+ point season?

Any chance that Nielsen could remain C2 and Strome play the wing?

Even with a decimated line-up, Strome was the third line center this year. The Isles want him playing center and Iwouldn't expect a change anytime soon. The top line LW spot is wide open though and Nielsen could be one of the guys fighting for that spot... he isn't great at face-offs and Capuano loves to play his vets A LOT! Nielsen will be in the top six next year, pretty much guaranteed.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Even with a decimated line-up, Strome was the third line center this year. The Isles want him playing center and Iwouldn't expect a change anytime soon. The top line LW spot is wide open though and Nielsen could be one of the guys fighting for that spot... he isn't great at face-offs and Capuano loves to play his vets A LOT! Nielsen will be in the top six next year, pretty much guaranteed.
    Thanks for the insight. Acquired both of them in a salary, dynasty league dispersal draft (which includes FOW) so it's interesting to hear where they could line up.