Thread: Huge Trade - Thoughts? E Staal/Nash/Green for Benn/MDZ/Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Huge Trade - Thoughts? E Staal/Nash/Green for Benn/MDZ/Bobrovsky

Just made a huge trade in my full keeper league. Won the league for the first time this past year and decided to try to infuse some new blood and get a little younger. Just moved Eric Staal, Rick Nash and Mike Green for Jamie Benn, Sergei Bobrovsky and Michael Del Zotto.

My team is in my signature below. This is a 20 team full keeper league and with some deadbeat owners, it has become difficult to trade. Most of the owners have become blinded by prospects and youth so guys like Staal and Nash (even though still not yet 30 years old) don't have the value that I believe they should.

So anyway, made the deal and just wondering what some opinions are? I feel that Benn is the BP in the deal and Bob gives me a strong #2 goalie (we only start 1 G each week but having 2 good G's has its benefits). MDZ was a thro in for Green as I have had Green since 2007 and have grown tired of the constant injuries (which create havoc with weekly line-ups).

Thanks for you thoughts!
    20 Team - Weekly H2H - Dynasty League - (Fantrax)
    2013/14 League / 2014/15, 2015/16 & 2016/17 League Runner-up
    (Start 2 Centers, 4 Wings, 3 D-men, 2 utility and 1 Goalie)
    2016/17 Regular Season Record - 17 W - 3 L (2nd place)
    C - Malkin, Seguin, Toews, Zetterberg, Zacha
    W - Ja. Benn, Okposo, Burakowsky, Parise, E. Lindholm, Teravainen, Duclair
    D - Burns, Ekman-Larsson, Parayko
    G - Rask, Pickard
    Protected Prospects (less than 70 NHL games) - Tage Thompson (W), Denis Gurianov (W), Nikolay Goldobin (W), Jeremy Bracco (W), Julius Honka (D), Jake Walman (D), Linus Soderstrom (G), Iyla Sorokin (G)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Huge Trade - Thoughts? E Staal/Nash/Green for Benn/MDZ/Bobrovsky

Great trade for both managers. Can't believe you have managers blinded by prospects and youth!! Is Teemu still available in your league??
    20 team keeper
    G=1.7 A=1
    Def G=2.5 A=1.5
    Hits, BS, SOG, +/-= .1
    maj (+1) SHPTs (+1)

Centers: T. Hertl/R.N.H/P. Zacha/W. Karlsson/J. Kotkaniemi/T. Zegras
    Wings: A. Burakovsky/A. Mantha/R. Rickell/A. Duclair/
    Defense: J. Drysdale/O.E.L/R. Pulock/D. Fabbro/J. Schultz/M. Ferraro
    Goalies: R. Lehner
    Prospects: R. Damiani/A. Raty/R. Suzuki/R. Amirov/N. Chibrikov/J. Perreault/A. Volkov/D. Farrance/F. Gustavsson/L. Dostal

Dobber Sports Ace

Without knowing the scoring cats, not completely sure about who wins the trade, but it appears to be a good trade for you. Yes, you did the get the best player and lost in SOGs. I see Staal's 100 point season as more of an outlier as time goes by. I think he is more of a steady 70 - 75 with an upside of perhaps 80 (max 85). I don't see Nash getting more than 60 in NYR either. So getting Benn as well as Bob as your 2nd goalie is certainly beneficial.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you won the deal handily. Benn is the best forward in the trade, plus you got bobrovsky. Even if MDZ is a drop, i think it's worth it. While yes they're not 'old' per se, the 3 guys you gave up are all on the downside of their careers. You got excellent value.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Novice

Easy win for Benn / Bobvrosky side of this trade. Two best players in the deal go to the same team.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Evo_7ution View Post
    Easy win for Benn / Bobvrosky side of this trade. Two best players in the deal go to the same team.
    Agree with Evo, Green is frustrating and Benn is a Stud who is only going to get better
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO