Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nash or Gagner worth owning?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Nash or Gagner worth owning?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_Kennedy View Post
    Nash should be a lot better next year (35-35 300) than he was this season. Maybe you hold onto him and hope that after a strong start someone is willing to take a chance via trade? Still so much name recognition with him, wonder if there is a GM that will bite....
    Really hard to know in a cap league. Sometimes someone takes a chance on a big money guy, other times you can't get rid of him even by passing him through waivers. I play in a league where Gaborik has about an 80% chance of clearing waivers, and I have snuck Vanek through at least once. Hell, Spezza spent the 11-12 season on someone's farm after clearing waivers.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    I ended up pulling the plug. I had to trade Colton Sceviour and the 20th pick in the draft to get enough cap space.
    I have a bunch of players fighting for spots. Kuznetsov will take one spot, leaving room for one redraft pick. I'll get the 4th best free agent [any NHL UFA not signed 10 days before free agency is eligible]. On top of UFAs, guys like Hornqvist, Filppula, Suter, Brassard aren't signed thanks to their contracts.

This gives me more flexibility to bid on RFA's, and gives me a chance to retain more of my RFA's next year.
    Not bad. You freed up three roster spots if you include Sceviour, and a good chunk of cap. I'd rather be out the 20th overall pick this year than stuck with those two for years to come.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ed. View Post
    Oh wow, that is really interesting. No affect on you next year at all? I think I'd jump on that. The cap space and roster spots are valuable assets in their own right.
    There is an effect on him in following years if he's trading a first-rounder...
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well sure, but I was referring to salary effects, and sometimes it's worth losing a pick to free up some space.