5 17.86%
  • Young guns - Nichushkin & Johansen

23 82.14%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sedins vs. Nichushkin and Johansen

I...am your father.

Default Re: Sedins vs. Nichushkin and Johansen

Quote Originally Posted by lucifer316 View Post
    monkeys could be in a lab somewhere voting on your poll and you wouldn't even know it
    This voting system is 100% foolproof and truly captures the proper representation of the world of fantasy hockey. Or something.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    This voting system is 100% foolproof and truly captures the proper representation of the world of fantasy hockey. Or something.
    look i just feel like you are buying on a lot of hype and selling at a potentially bad time on the twins, now it might be the last best time to sell on them nobody really knows but i get the feeling that too many are treating them like they are 43 rather than 33

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Deity

Man, this is a tough one. I agree with lucifer that you are probably selling the twins at the wrong time and willing to take less then you would have at the start of this season. They really had a tough year; actually Vancouver had a tough year all around. It will be interesting to see what Linden does with this group and the direction he is willing to take as far as players and coaching.

I love Johansen and think Nichushkin is a good young player (although i am not as hyped on him as many on these boards are) but I would hold the twins and expect a bounce back season for them next year. These two take things like off-season training and preparation very serious and I think you are simply selling low on them.

My vote: keep the twins.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

See how things shakeout in Van before pulling the trigger if possible. In a great situation, the Twins have a few 70-80 points years left IMO. In a not-so-great one, they are 65-70 guys and I would MUCH rather have Johansen and Nichuchkin for them. Hell, I'm pretty much convinced you should take this type of deal immediately. I see Johansen as a 70-75 guy from now on and Chuch is another year away from being a JVR clone with higher ceiling.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

I voted young guns. I think your point projections for the twins are fairly accurate, but I think Johansen will be tickling 70 next year and Nichushkin will be great. You might be the net loser next year, and have it be a toss up the year after that, but I think you'll come out ahead in year 3 of this trade and beyond without really giving up much right now. I'd even go out on a limb and say Johansen outpoints one of them next year.

To clarify: no, I don't think that's over/underpayment. I think its a good offer. Given it's the sedins though, I would prefer it be a 3 for 3 and get a small upgrade coming back your way.

Dobber Sports Ace

Let's assume the twins each get the following:

70, 70 next year
    70, 70 year after
    65, 65, year after
    65, 65 year after

Which is about where I value them. Does everyone agree? And if so, is this enough for Johansen and Nichushkin?
    I think this is where the issue lies. If this is how you value them, then keep the twins. I voted for the youth as being its a keeper, you need to look a few years away (just like you did, but my predictions would be steeper).
    Twins: RJ
    14-15 65, 65
    15-16 58, 58
    16-17 53,53
    17-18 50,50

Dobber Sports Ace

Let's assume the twins each get the following:

70, 70 next year
    70, 70 year after
    65, 65, year after
    65, 65 year after

Which is about where I value them. Does everyone agree? And if so, is this enough for Johansen and Nichushkin?
    I think this is where the issue lies. If this is how you value them, then keep the twins. I voted for the youth as being its a keeper, you need to look a few years away (just like you did, but my predictions would be steeper).
    Twins: RJ Nich
    14-15 65, 65 60 45
    15-16 58, 58 65 55
    16-17 53,53 68 68
    17-18 50,50 68 74

As you can see I think RJ improves slightly and Nich takes off. RJ will be more of a complete NHLer while I think Nich will be more scorer. Biggest part to answer your question is Id see RJ + Nich equaling the twins (actually slightly surpassing them in 15-16, which is why I would take the young guns

Dobber Sports Superstar

The kids for me. One aspect I don't believe anyone has mentioned is that the Twins dealt with injuries this year. This could be a cause for concern, no one can defy father time and the Twins could be prime for that kind of reality. If this trend continues, and it could, playing 70 games will not translate into 70 points for either of the Sedins. Alfie and Zetts are a good example, hard pressed to play a full sched. The Twins could be close to following suit they simply aren't getting any younger. This youth movement makes sense for me, move now while the Sedin's value remains substantial.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Veteran

No interest in two 34 year old, 65 point players on the decline. Give me the young guns without a second thought.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Ace

I get that feeling about both of these young players. I have a great streak over the past few years of predicting breakout players. Both young kids have too much praise and upside to pass on them. Passing on them could be one you regret.
    6 Team no limit Keeper. Cap league $100m
    Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, Wins = 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1
    12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies, 6 Reserve (any position)

Forwards
    Crosby $8.7
    Stone $9.5
    Svechnikov $7.7
    Debrincat $6.4
    Hall $6
    Meier $6
    Guentzel $6
    Ehlers $6
    Hertl $5.6
    Konecny $5.5
    Palat $5.3