Thread: Dynasty Help

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Dynasty Help

I just took over the team in my signature, and this marks the first time I've been a part of a dynasty team with a salary cap. It's not a good team (an understatement), and obviously I don't want to set myself further back through my first trade.

My D is the position of most need, and I was hoping to get some input about a potential trade to improve it. I'm still getting a feel for the trade value players hold in this league, which is why I'm looking for help.

The trade would send my: Okposo, Backes, 2015 3rd round pick
    For: Letang, Palmierri, Orlov, 2015 4th round pick

Again, I'm not going to be sniffing the playoffs for at least two years.
    10 Team Keep 7: 1C, 1RW, 1LW, 2D, 1G, 1Util
    Roto Scoring with G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, GAA, SVP, Saves, SO
    Projected Keepers are bolded

C - Kopitar, Malkin
    LW - Hall, Hartnell
    RW - Perry, Callahan
    D - Phaneuf, Vatanen, Gudas, Boychuk, Klingberg
    Util - Foligno, B. Schenn
    G - Lundqvist, Halak, Holtby, Bernier
    IR - Dubinsky

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dynasty Help

In a 20 team dynasty, it's gonna be hard to turn your team around overnight. You need to define your core and then learn to love the prospect game, because there just isn't enough there to even attempt to speed things up.

Backes is gold in a league like yours, but at his age by the time you're ready to compete he'll be on the wrong side of 30. It might be worth putting his name out there and see what kind of offers you get. That's the type of move that can really spearhead a rebuild. If you don't get the right offer, than keep him. Okposo and Skinner probably worth keeping, but outside of those two I don't see anyone as being a must-hold.

Rinne is the first move I would make.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

That trade offer looks to me like a manager trying to take advantage of the new guy.

Backes and Okposo are your two biggest assets meaning you either hold them and build around them, or deal them only for very top dollar. Both players' values should be pretty well at their highest right now and fetch a much larger return than the proposed offer.

In this deal, you basically leave your team without a single reliable high end asset (Skinner and Letang carry significant health risks) and any good rebuild revolves around maximizing what limited assets you do possess. You'd be receiving 3 near total wildcards for two proven commodities and downgrading a draft pick.

Short answer: Don't do the deal and respond emphatically to prevent similar lowball offers in future from this manager.

Administrator

I think you underestimate how quickly you can turn this thing around. Don't be afraid to be stingy as all hell. WIN your trades. That'll help you get ahead. Wouldn't do that trade. Wouldn't even consider it.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks guys, that was my answer too, but I figured I should outsource opinions given that I don't have a firm grasp on the trade value players hold in this league.
    10 Team Keep 7: 1C, 1RW, 1LW, 2D, 1G, 1Util
    Roto Scoring with G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, Wins, GAA, SVP, Saves, SO
    Projected Keepers are bolded

C - Kopitar, Malkin
    LW - Hall, Hartnell
    RW - Perry, Callahan
    D - Phaneuf, Vatanen, Gudas, Boychuk, Klingberg
    Util - Foligno, B. Schenn
    G - Lundqvist, Halak, Holtby, Bernier
    IR - Dubinsky

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Backes/Okposo is better side.
    Backes is a heck of a player in multi-cat leagues with "Hit".
    Top 30 player in that format.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would put the word out that Backes would be available to see what kind of bites you can get, Also look at moving Richards for a prospect etc ( might be hard to move cause of salary - I have him -) see how his playoff goes.
    Definitley wouldn't do proposed trade.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

In a long term rebuild, as soon as a guy's value spikes... Trade him. That spike won't last until you are contending. I wrote a whole series of articles that might be worth checking out. If you have more questions afterwards, let me know.

http://hockey.dobbersports.com/index...tention-part-i
    Data Science Intern, Pebble
    COO, Quidditch Post
    Associate Editor, Dobber Sports Network
    Hockey Operations Intern, UBC Thunderbirds

Top 100 Roto
    Dobber Prospects

Ask me your fantasy questions on Twitter: @austeane
    My main league:

H2H Each Cat - Yahoo - 14 teams - Real Cap Hit - 85m cap
    Start: 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2U 2G 7B daily (21)
    Cats: G A +- PIM SOG PPG PPA SHP GWG FW HIT W
    GAA SV SV% SO
    Edler's Mind Tricks:
    C:, Lehtera, Plekanec, Kuznetsov, Komarov
    LW: Benn, Kreider, Roussel
    RW: Malkin, Yakupov, Nyquist
    D: Subban, Letang, Karlsson, Jones, Dillon, Deslauriers
    G: Bobrovsky, Lehner, Elliott
    JV: Sekac, Petan, Poirier, Vrana, Fleury, Sanheim, Galiev, 5th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th overall amateur picks