Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What if Yakupov is dealt?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What if Yakupov is dealt?

Craig MacTavish held his end of season press conference the other day and said a number of interesting things. Most notably he listed Edmonton’s core group as Schultz, Eberle, Hall, and Nugent-Hoptkins. You’ll notice that Yakupov wasn’t mentioned. Now that doesn’t mean he will be dealt over the summer, but it at least leaves that door open, if only a smidge.

So where would I want him to end up?

The perfect scenario in my mind is a team that’s already somewhat successful, where he can slot in alongside talented veterans. Ideally (and I say this because they seem to be in on every major trade) he could end up in Philadelphia. They have an incredibly deep top 6 and a could bring Yakupov along slowly. Him and Giroux growing old together? Sigh… wouldn’t that be the life for his fantasy owners (which as of yesterday, includes me)

Where do you think is the perfect spot for him?
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: What if Yakupov is dealt?

The problem is balancing where I would like to see him and where he could reasonably end up. Obviously places like:

Pitt - Crosby's sniper RW
    Philly - Giroux's wing
    Chicago
    Colorado
    Anaheim
    San Jose

Would all be great. But really none of those franchise has the D asset to offer outside of maybe Chicago. Places I could see as likely

Florida - Oilers really want Ekblad. Would they pay 3rd overall plus Yak?
    Buffalo - actually have an alright amount of D prospects
    Devils - trade struggling high picks? (Larsson)
    Coyotes - Brandon Gormley? Doesn't really have a spot there

Dobber Sports Deity

What about the Habs and a little reunion with Galchenyuk?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yakupov wouldn't be tolerated in Philly... they work too hard to roster a punk like Yak.

Washington is a good candidate... for Orlov.
    I can still see Nashville needing cap relief and trading Weber for Yak+.
    [I liken EDM flourishing back to when they brought in Pronger. I've been pumping Weber to EDM for year... incorrectly.]

Geno maybe could maybe... wait for it... take him under his... wing... in PIT.
    Not sure what PIT could/would be able to give up in exchange though.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Yakupov wouldn't be tolerated in Philly... they work too hard to roster a punk like Yak.

[I liken EDM flourishing back to when they brought in Pronger. I've been pumping Weber to EDM for year... incorrectly.]

The Pens have a plethora of quality young D in their system. Not much for forward prospects but they are full of D in their minors who could easily be playing in the NHL today. I'd love to see a Scott Harrington coming through the system for the Oilers. That guy oozes captain long term. He's not an offensive guy but he's solid back there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is my issue. Edmonton would clearly want to get a D back, would Pittsburgh trade any of

Despres
    Dumoulin
    Pouliot
    Samuelsson
    Harrington

And would Edmonton take any of those guys? I left out Maatta because that would obviously be a non-starter for Pitt. Can a team like Pittsburgh afford to give up any D prospects, as that seems to be a constant recurring problem for them? Would they do Letang for Yak+? What would the plus be? Would Edmonton do that. The option intrigues me so much as a Pens fan, and as a Crosby/Yakupov fantasy owner.

Banned

I don't see Edm moving the Yakster for prospects... they need help NOW. They need a deal for a center or d-man that can step in next year that they can count on to contribute right away.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The problem is balancing where I would like to see him and where he could reasonably end up. Obviously places like:

Pitt - Crosby's sniper RW
    Philly - Giroux's wing
    Chicago
    Colorado
    Anaheim
    San Jose

Would all be great. But really none of those franchise has the D asset to offer outside of maybe Chicago. Places I could see as likely

Florida - Oilers really want Ekblad. Would they pay 3rd overall plus Yak?
    Buffalo - actually have an alright amount of D prospects
    Devils - trade struggling high picks? (Larsson)
    Coyotes - Brandon Gormley? Doesn't really have a spot there
    Point well taken on the elite teams - can't see them offering what EDM needs. I actually not mind Florida as a destination. The team is bad, but has a number of nice pieces in place. Playing with Barkov long term should be a nice fit too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I don't see Edm moving the Yakster for prospects... they need help NOW. They need a deal for a center or d-man that can step in next year that they can count on to contribute right away.
    I wonder if they keep Yak and simply try to sign one of the many veteran D-men that will be UFAs
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This is my issue. Edmonton would clearly want to get a D back, would Pittsburgh trade any of

Despres
    Dumoulin
    Pouliot
    Samuelsson
    Harrington

And would Edmonton take any of those guys? I left out Maatta because that would obviously be a non-starter for Pitt. Can a team like Pittsburgh afford to give up any D prospects, as that seems to be a constant recurring problem for them? Would they do Letang for Yak+? What would the plus be? Would Edmonton do that. The option intrigues me so much as a Pens fan, and as a Crosby/Yakupov fantasy owner.
    Here is an interesting one. With how good Niskanen has been for them do they consider moving Letang? Of course a deal to EDM would require more salary involved. It's all pretty far fetched, but a guy can dream, can't he?

I think with the way that NSH refused to let Weber leave a couple years ago they are sticking with him to the very end (or until the inevitable buyout at 38 haha)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    What about the Habs and a little reunion with Galchenyuk?
    Never thought of this one, but it would be fantastic

Banned

What I find hilarious (and frankly disturbing) is how many supposed 'Dobber Experts' (many of them writers for that matter!) who were painting him as the next Ovechkin...just like the Filatov hype, just like the Radulov hype before that. WTF? Where are they now? Where's the accountability? The dude scored 24 pts this year and was a -33, gimme a ****ing break, it will be a miracle if he stays in the NHL, forget about the Oilers.

The Lesson: believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see...boy am I glad I never hopped on this hype machine

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    What I find hilarious (and frankly disturbing) is how many supposed 'Dobber Experts' (many of them writers for that matter!) who were painting him as the next Ovechkin...just like the Filatov hype, just like the Radulov hype before that. WTF? Where are they now? Where's the accountability? The dude scored 24 pts this year and was a -33, gimme a ****ing break, it will be a miracle if he stays in the NHL, forget about the Oilers.

The Lesson: believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see...boy am I glad I never hopped on this hype machine
    I think you forgot to mention just about every other "expert" out there as well.

I really think its way too early to write him off at this point in his career. How has Huberdeau looked this year in his second year? You ready to write him off too? What about Galchenyuk? I could go on but I think you get my point here. Plenty of hype in these young "studs" as well with little to show but are you ready to say you never jumped on their hype train?

Banned

Exactly. I'm not a big fan of the guy, but who rights off first overall draft picks their second year in the league?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Exactly. I'm not a big fan of the guy, but who rights off first overall draft picks their second year in the league?
    Fair weather fans!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post

Some people said he will be as good (or better) than Stamkos. I still think he will be a good player but the hype machine was completely out of control - worse than the McBain hype which blew a gasket.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka