Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crosby or Seguin/Drouin

Dobber Sports Novice

Post Crosby or Seguin/Drouin

Stat Cats. - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, GWG, SOG.

We keep 9 + 3 minors and my team is young (average age of 22, not including goalies).

What side would you guys rather have going forward, Crosby or Seguin and Drouin?

Keepers:
    S. Crosby
    T. Hall
    N. Mackinnon
    R. Johansen
    G. Landeskog
    A. Galchenyuk
    C. Price
    R. Lehner
    -Open Spot-

Minors:
    A. Barkov
    J. Huberdeau
    N. Yakupov

Administrator

Default Re: Crosby or Seguin/Drouin

Crosby. Use the open spot on someone else.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Crosby, easily.

1. Crosby is insane. His per game value is unrivaled in multi-cat.
    2. If you make the trade, you've severely downgraded a keeper (Crosby to Seguin) and also you are forced to drop a solid minors prospect (Barkov, Huberdeau, Yakupov).

Dobber Sports Deity

I will be shocked if anyone takes the Seguin/Drouin side over Crosby.

Crosby for me, easily.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

another strong vote for Crosby here.

Administrator

Do not downgrade keepers, ever. Your "open slot" could be Dale Weise and it still wouldn't justify downgrading a keeper for depth. Keep the star and make it a mission that one way or another you will eventually fill that open slot with a viable keeper.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Agreed, keep Crosby. Seguin and Drouin are or should be awesome players, but Sid is on another level than anyone else. Led the league in scoring by 17 points, in what could be considered a pretty "meh" year when you compare what he's done the last couple injury filled years.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Ace

@Wizard - I am genuinely curious as to what is it about him (Crosby) that makes you come up with that question.

The reason I ask is simple - in my humble (and many others` on this forum) opinion He is in a separate league of his own - no question about it. No X + Y comes close. Be assured that if you have him on your team, you have the best, most elite hockey player in your team, and while the injury history remains a risk, I think we have seen ample evidence this year, that he is back to 100% and there are no guarantees of injuries with anyone (Stamkos, Tavares, etc.). So I am finding it difficult to understand why would you want to lose the most sought after fantasy hockey stud there is, for candy and mistletoe. No disrespect to candy and mistletoe.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by suvojitde View Post
    @Wizard - I am genuinely curious as to what is it about him (Crosby) that makes you come up with that question.

The reason I ask is simple - in my humble (and many others` on this forum) opinion He is in a separate league of his own - no question about it. No X + Y comes close. Be assured that if you have him on your team, you have the best, most elite hockey player in your team, and while the injury history remains a risk, I think we have seen ample evidence this year, that he is back to 100% and there are no guarantees of injuries with anyone (Stamkos, Tavares, etc.). So I am finding it difficult to understand why would you want to lose the most sought after fantasy hockey stud there is, for candy and mistletoe. No disrespect to candy and mistletoe.
    Great question and thanks all for the overwhelming response here. My team is now built around a core of younger players. By the time most them hit their stride, Crosby will be over 30.

Obviously I'm a huge Crosby fan as I've had him for the entirety of my league's existence, but after this rebuild, I was debating if a 30+ Crosby would benefit my core more than a 25+ Seguin and 22+ Drouin would.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
    By the time most them hit their stride, Crosby will be over 30.
    IMO there is a real problem right here. Crosby is 26 now. If you're waiting 4+ years for a team you're waiting too long especially when you have the best in the world right there on your team. I would personally look at trading some of that youth for some real proven talent in the mid or upper 20s. Build yourself a contender. You have the tools to do it. Your team will be older (not by that much) but you will be in position to win. Along the way make changes as need be and always look to continue upgrading your keepers.

Dobber Sports Deity

I always wonder why people worry about players hitting 30+ years old. Sure, they are on the down side of their career compared to their upside of their careers, but most players (especially elite ones like Crosby) will easily be extremely productive well into their 30s.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

crosby since i want to boost my post count.

but yea...limited keeper you never trade guys like crosby, malkin, stamkos etc unless you are getting one of them back.

Dobber Sports Monster

Crosby without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
    Stat Cats. - G, A, P, +/-, PPP, GWG, SOG.

We keep 9 + 3 minors and my team is young (average age of 22, not including goalies).

What side would you guys rather have going forward, Crosby or Seguin and Drouin?

Keepers:
    S. Crosby
    T. Hall
    N. Mackinnon
    R. Johansen
    G. Landeskog
    A. Galchenyuk
    C. Price
    R. Lehner
    -Open Spot-

Minors:
    A. Barkov
    J. Huberdeau
    N. Yakupov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

As good as Seguin has been I still think you have to stick with Crosby here. If Drouin had already developed into a top 20 asset then there might be a larger discussion (although I generally advise against trading Crosby in any situation)
    I once traded Henrik Lundqvist and Ilya Kovalchuk in return for Peter Budaj and Henrik Zetterberg… have lived in shame ever since.

Fantasy hockey contributor for Dobber Hockey, founder of www.darrenfantasyhockey.com. Admitted Valeri Nichushkin fanboy (of course who isn't?)

You can find me on twitter @FantasyHockeyDK

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Crosby, easily.

1. Crosby is insane. His per game value is unrivaled in multi-cat.
    2. If you make the trade, you've severely downgraded a keeper (Crosby to Seguin) and also you are forced to drop a solid minors prospect (Barkov, Huberdeau, Yakupov).
    Crosby all the way. Limited keeper you got to keep best player. Maybe time to trade a young guy to upgrade.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO