Thread: The UDHL is looking for a GM

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The UDHL is looking for a GM

It's hard work to get your banner to hang from the UDHL rafters. It takes savvy cap management, the ability to negotiate and the competitive nature characteristic of all champions. There will be arguments, trash talking, praise and respect. Overall, it'll be fun - and what more can you ask for in a fantasy hockey league which only annual fee is participation.

The UDHL is a H2H salary cap league, with a strong farm system in place. We do an annual draft, have a summer free agency period (auction style), a trade deadline, NHL contracts, entry-level contracts... members write articles and rules are voted in. It's a fun league and we try to keep it active throughout the year and encourage everyones participation. It's a 12 member dysfunctional family (11 at the moment).

We're going into our 6th season strong and we're looking for a serious GM to take over a team that needs direction. This team placed last in a 12-team league, so you have nowhere to go but up. This team however was a top 4 team in years previous, so the potential is there - it just requires a manager willing to take on the challenge. If you're that manager, please contact me and I can answer any questions you have about the league.

See the team @ https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...XV1FNZGc&gid=9 and don't forget to check out the farm team under the Prospects tab (Philadelphia Brawlers).

Let me know if you're interested!

Think like a man of action, and act like a man of thought.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: The UDHL is looking for a GM

Just wanted to weigh in. I'm the GM of the Burlington Bulldogs and took over the team I believe 4 years ago (was a total bottom feeder team). With patience, perseverance, and shrewd drafting/free agency you can start the uphill climb as I've started to do this year.

To be sure this isn't an easy league to come up from the bottom (I've been 12th, 12th, 12th, 9th but won the Consolation Playoffs so I'm moving in the right direction) but is worth the challenge. The other GMs are all active and engaged in the league and the admins do a fantastic job on the forum.

Great league! And I can't say that about many free leagues!
    PTKL - '18 and '19 Back to Back League Champion!
    12 team league, 20 players per team
    Count top 9 F, 4 D, 1 G
    Points only for F and D
    G Stats: W = 1, SO = 1, Saves (0.04 per save), Goals Against (-0.2 per goal), G and A also count

F: Barkov, Bergeron, Dadonov, Getzlaf, Hertl, Marchand, Olofsson, Pacioretty, Pavelski, Radulov, Stone, Wheeler, Zuccarello
    D: Krug, Letang, Petry, Rielly, Weber
    G: Fleury, Price

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: The UDHL is looking for a GM

I sent you a PM. Thanks.