Thread: Who do I cut?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who do I cut?

So the season is over and I placed 2nd this year. Not too bad, but was very close to getting 1st. I was wondering if anyone had any early off-season advice in regards to who I should cut. We can keep up to 25, but I usually like to cut it to 24, so I can draft in the 1st round of our draft. I didn't think I would be in this position where I was possibly even considering keeping all 25 and not drafting, but I was fortunate enough to grab Palat, Johnson, Kuznetsov, and Lee in the FA this season. Currently I have 26 on my roster and plan on cutting Tanguay. I was wondering if I should also cut De Haan? He is the first name that pops up in my head, but he proved some value this season and Macdonald is now gone. My league does not count blocks or hits though, so I think his value may not be as high unless he can pull 40 pts or close to it.

Thoughts?

10 Team Partial Keeper (6F, 3D, 1G) - Yahoo H2H League
    5 Year Keeper Max
    Positions: 3C,6W,6D,2G,7BN,3IR+,1IR
    Forwards/Defensemen:G=3, A=2, +/-=1, PPP=1, SHP=1, GWG=1, SOG=0.2, FW=0.1, F=-0.1, Hit=0.2, BLK=0.5
    Goalies:W =2 ,GA=-1, SV=0.2, SHO=3
    [C]- A.Matthews, B.Nelson, C.Verhaeghe (C,W), R.McLeod, Y.Sharangovich
    [W]- N.Kucherov, K.Fiala, C.Keller, J.Gaudreau, E.Kane, P.Kane, D.Batherson, T.Wilson, J.Peterka, E.Tolvanen
    [D]- R.Dahlin, K.Letang, D.Nurse, J.Carlson, O.Ekman-Larsson, T.Harley, T.Krug
    [G] T.Demko, V.Vanecek, S.Wedgewood
    [IR] - D.Hamilton, A.Hill

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Who do I cut?

No problem in dropping De Haan - you can always redraft him if you want. Without BS & hits his value not very high. Might as well have a draft pick in case some one falls to you that you want to pick up. It is also easier to claim free agent D-men as every year there is someone coming out of nowhere that puts up points. You may also be cutting Jagr if he decides to retire.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Genius

De Haan, Tanguay and Wideman seem like guys that you may be able to replace with upgrades based on the offseason moves.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    22 Players 3C 3L 3R 1Util 4D 2G 6BN
    (G) (A) (+/-) (PIM) (PPP) (FW) (HIT) (W) (GAA) (SV%) (SHO)
    C: R Getzlaf, C Giroux, Scheifele, T Bozak
    LW: T Vanek, B Ryan, P Marleau, T Hall
    RW: C Perry, K Okposo, A Ovechkin, Kucherov
    D: D Byfuglien, Z Chara, E Karlsson, R Josi, D Keith, Trouba
    G: R Luongo, B Holtby, K Lehtonen
    Farm: Lack, Wennberg, Hellbucyk, Ho-Sang, Milano, Burakovsky, Sanheim
    2012-2013 and 2013-2014 league champ

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Wings View Post
    So the season is over and I placed 2nd this year. Not too bad, but was very close to getting 1st. I was wondering if anyone had any early off-season advice in regards to who I should cut. We can keep up to 25, but I usually like to cut it to 24, so I can draft in the 1st round of our draft. I didn't think I would be in this position where I was possibly even considering keeping all 25 and not drafting, but I was fortunate enough to grab Palat, Johnson, Kuznetsov, and Lee in the FA this season. Currently I have 26 on my roster and plan on cutting Tanguay. I was wondering if I should also cut De Haan? He is the first name that pops up in my head, but he proved some value this season and Macdonald is now gone. My league does not count blocks or hits though, so I think his value may not be as high unless he can pull 40 pts or close to it.

Thoughts?
    Cut de Haan. Keep Tanguay - you can trade him in late October. I think he'll do well...until he gets hurt again. So the idea is to move him after his hot start
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Cut de Haan. Keep Tanguay - you can trade him in late October. I think he'll do well...until he gets hurt again. So the idea is to move him after his hot start
    Maybe you could move him for a guy like de Haan...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would cut Tanguay and De Haan. You can always redraft de Haan in draft if you want. Gives you ability to leave your options open and possibly make 2 for 1 trade in offseason for someone who would've been better than helping de Haan.

GMHL Dynasty
    14 Team H2H 27-Pro/20-Farm
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 7BN, 4IR+
    G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG,SOG, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Barkov, Malkin, Nielsen, Zibanejad
    LW: Lucic, Benn, Tatar, Fleischmann
    RW: Johansen, Tarasenko, Downie, Perron
    D: Doughty, Chara, Yandle, Edler, Seidenberg, Brodin, Wideman, Kulikov, Robidas
    G: Niemi, Nabokov, Mason, Emery, Reimer

Farm: Lazar, Nieto, Pulkkinen, Compher, Fiala, Vrana, Barber, Pastrnak, Larkin, McCann, Rattie, Rakell, Salomaki, Connelly, Keranen, Clendening, Borowiecki, Matheson, de Haan, Carrick, Gillies, Nilsson-KHL, Dansk, Stalock

Picks Owned:
    2015: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCity14 View Post
    I would cut Tanguay and De Haan. You can always redraft de Haan in draft if you want. Gives you ability to leave your options open and possibly make 2 for 1 trade in offseason for someone who would've been better than helping de Haan.
    Exactly, cut Tanguay and De Haan. Nice work on the FA wire getting several potential studs!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket