Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proposal Thoughts

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Proposal Thoughts

Fresh after being crowned champion in my league, we are now in a small trade period (from now until the end of the NHL Playoffs). I'm pursuing a 2nd defender to pair with Byfuglien (team in my signature).

Here is my proposal:

Kunitz + Lucic + Zuccarello + Gibson

for

Karlsson + Vanek + Bennet

We are a Keep-17 Dynasty League with prospect pools of 5 players.

My logic here is simple. I cannot keep Zuccarello and I want to trade him instead of cut him. Next, I want to throw Gibson into the mix because this particular owner has Hiller, and I know he is worried about Anaheim's goalie situation; he's the top goalie prospect in the game. Those are all the "sweeteners" in my deal; it basically boils down to Kunitz + Lucic for Karlsson + Vanek which I think is pretty fair for a points league.. just my opinion.

So what are your thoughts on this proposal? Too much or not enough?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Proposal Thoughts

Not enough. Vanek has the same point totals as Kunitz.. So call them a wash

Karlsson has MORE points then Kunitz, and Vanek, and your offering Lucic, Zuccarello and Gibson?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Not enough. Vanek has the same point totals as Kunitz.. So call them a wash

Karlsson has MORE points then Kunitz, and Vanek, and your offering Lucic, Zuccarello and Gibson?
    Find out if they like the deaL, I would look at doing deal without getting Bennett, as the key for you is to get Karlsson. Gibson may be the hook to get the deal done, so you keep pumping him up. Tell him you want to take Gibson out of the deal as someone else wants him big time. Just a few options if he doesn't bite right away.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Monster

If you want Karlsson your going to most likely not be able to ask for Vanek in the same deal with what your offering or willing to offer. I'd focus solely on a Karlsson offer. Revise it and see what happens. Your current proposal is not enough for what your looking to do try and do.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I appreciate all the feedback guys. Based off my sig, what would be a good offer for Karlsson then?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Personally, in a points only, I'm not trading Karlsson for anyone not named Crosby. Having him on the back end is a massive advantage. Dobber mentioned this in another thread, but Karlsson is like the Crosby of dmen, and he needs to be treated as such in trade negotiations. He is uber-elite, so you need to be offering other elite players (F or G) to even bother trying IMO. Your Kunitz/Lucic offer is nowhere near close to being in the ballpark. On you roster, Kane and/or Perry would definitely have to be involved, but that still wouldn't be enough for me personally as Karlsson has proven that he can put up almost as many points as a dman as either of those players will most seasons.

I'd stop worrying so much about the sweeteners, when you are talking about players of Crosby or Karlsson's calibre, those things are just irrelevant noise. It's gonna take a lot more than a goalie prospect to pry Karlsson away.....the rest of the deal needs to stand on it's own merit with a player of Karlsson's value, unless you are in a league with fools.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Dobber Sports Stud

Wait, is it points only or your team in sig. They seem to be two different things?
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think you'd have to be willing to give up benn or pavelski. Painful to do, but karlsson is elite. One of those two plus zuccarello and gibson could be enough to get karlsson and bennett, assuming the trade partner has enough keeper spots for the extra player.
    10 team pts-only keeper league - keep 10 plus 10 from past/present farm. No bench: entire active roster counts. Goalies: 2 pts/win + 3/shutout. 82 adds / year. NHL playoffs count for separate prize.

F: J Eichel, M Tkachuk, J Guentzel, E Pettersson, P Laine, R Thomas, C Kreider, M Boldy, J Kyrou, M Backlund, F Vatrano, N Niederreiter, R Rakell, M Marchment, M Domi
    D: A Fox, S Theodore, R Andersson, B Montour, S Durzi, D Keith
    G: F Andersen, S Knight, J Swayman
    IR: J Hughes, M Stone, M Grzelcyk, S Perunovich
    Farm: L Raymond, O Wahlstrom, S Skinner, C Addison, Y Chinakhov, J Perreault

Dobber Sports Prodigy

To get Karlsson in a trade you need to be giving back similar value. Unfortunately your offer will fall short of that.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkys_Choice View Post
    I think you'd have to be willing to give up benn or pavelski. Painful to do, but karlsson is elite. One of those two plus zuccarello and gibson could be enough to get karlsson and bennett, assuming the trade partner has enough keeper spots for the extra player.
    These are the posts I don't get......in what universe does a top 20-25 forward, a goalie prospect, and a throw-in like Zuccarello get you the #1 defenseman (by far) on the planet? I would be insulted by that offer. That could be enough to get Karlsson if you are playing with people that know absolutely nothing about fantasy hockey.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)

Dobber Sports Monster

One does not acquire a player on the level of Karlsson with quantity type trade offers. There a few players that you must trade stud for stud in order to make a deal happen.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    One does not acquire a player on the level of Karlsson with quantity type trade offers. There a few players that you must trade stud for stud in order to make a deal happen.
    This!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyProphet View Post
    Wait, is it points only or your team in sig. They seem to be two different things?
    It's a points league, not points-only.

Sorry if I confused you there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Personally, in a points only, I'm not trading Karlsson for anyone not named Crosby. Having him on the back end is a massive advantage. Dobber mentioned this in another thread, but Karlsson is like the Crosby of dmen, and he needs to be treated as such in trade negotiations. He is uber-elite, so you need to be offering other elite players (F or G) to even bother trying IMO. Your Kunitz/Lucic offer is nowhere near close to being in the ballpark. On you roster, Kane and/or Perry would definitely have to be involved, but that still wouldn't be enough for me personally as Karlsson has proven that he can put up almost as many points as a dman as either of those players will most seasons.

I'd stop worrying so much about the sweeteners, when you are talking about players of Crosby or Karlsson's calibre, those things are just irrelevant noise. It's gonna take a lot more than a goalie prospect to pry Karlsson away.....the rest of the deal needs to stand on it's own merit with a player of Karlsson's value, unless you are in a league with fools.
    No fools in this league. I wouldn't mind building a deal around Kane. This was great advice. Thank you!

Dobber Sports Ace

If you want Karlsson, you will need to be prepared to give up 1 (or even 2) of Perry, P Kane and Price. As others have mentioned, he is the Crosby of D-men and since you have mentioned that the other GM is not a novice, I expect him to know what fair market value of EK is, in this league.
    League 1: 2021 Dobber Entry (Patrick), Yahoo Roto, 10 Teams
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G start; 5 Bench
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits
    Goalies: W, Saves, GAA

Forwards:
    C: Malkin, ROR, Backstrom
    LW: Forsberg, Parise
    RW: Gallagher, Hornqvist, D Brown, Kessel
    Dual Eligibility: Svechnikov, Jamie Benn, Radulov, Domi, Rakell, Pavelski
    Defense: Hamilton, Letang, OEL, Suter, Spurgeon, Girard
    Goalies: Vasilevskyi, Lehner, Mrazek, Reimer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think I might stand pat. Point scorers are the bread and butter of our league with our assigned point value to our categories. I can say I won using no defense all year (excluding Byfuglien because of being a forward). Might be something I need to revisit in September when we declare our 17 + 5 keepers.

Maybe going for a guy like Hedman will be the better route?