Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Florida wins draft lottery.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Florida wins draft lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    lol 27Blue, I agree and disagree with you. I think the Isles would be better with either Moulson or Vanek and I agree that scoring goals isn't their problem. Nothing that a good goalie can't fix up...well that and a couple of top 4 D as well, but hey, what is an ex-backup goalie to do?
    Agree with The Commish - they would be better with either forward, but they need to solve goalie situation first, then figure out what to do with draft choice. Think they should keep pick and make playoff run, create excitement for move to new arena. I think there will be a few teams tanking in 2016 to get shot at first pick.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Pro

If I'm Florida, I'm taking Aaron Ekblad first overall BUT if Edmonton wants to move up and I don't see big difference between Ekblad and say Bennett or Draisaitl then I move down and pick up the extra assets. However Ekblad is the type of defenceman every team wants to acquire once they hit their prime so Florida would be silly to trade that pick in my opinion.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Administrator

This was clearly rigged. How does Edmonton not win it?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This was clearly rigged. How does Edmonton not win it?
    Stupid pyrrhic victory to send the crybaby out on a good note in the last game of the season. The fix was in, but Edmonton screwed it up by winning that last game!!!!!!!! C'mon coach, a little more Will Acton, a little less Taylor Hall and we'd of been just fine.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Stupid pyrrhic victory to send the crybaby out on a good note in the last game of the season. The fix was in, but Edmonton screwed it up by winning that last game!!!!!!!! C'mon coach, a little more Will Acton, a little less Taylor Hall and we'd of been just fine.
    Not even the Oilers were trying as hard as the Canucks to lose at the end of the season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

This draft is gonna be weird. Florida will probably take Ekblad, which is fine since even though they have some decent prospects at D none of them are on Ek's level. But damn would Dal Colle be a perfect pick for the Panthers, they could use another scoring winger to go with Huberdeau. Edmonton could use Ekblad for sure, but with Nurse and Klefbom on the way and Marincin already looking decent in the NHL I think they need to focus on their center depth. Reinhart is a little redundant with RNH already there I'm not sure the Oilers want their top two centers both being so small. Bennett doesn't necessarily have great size but he plays big. I know a lot of Oilers fans are playing up Draisatl for his size, but I'm still not entirely sold on him. Especially at 3rd overall.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Interesting quote from Tim Murray in today's Buffalo News:

We'll get a good player, and I think there's a great chance we could get a guy we have No. 1 on our list. I think with the way the draft sets up, we probably have a better chance of getting the guy we have No.1 than we had a chance today of getting the first pick.
    With the prospect D + Myers and Ehrhoff (assuming none are traded), you'd have to think Murray is eyeing Reinhart. No? I wouldn't be surprised if he'd rather have Ekblad this draft, frankly. I'd love the addition of Ekblad.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

I expect Florida to take Ekblad. As mentioned earlier, they really don't have anyone in their minors with Ekblads skillset.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Florida might aswell have announced their pick last night.. 100% they are drafting Ekblad.. They have the young forwards, now they need that stud on D..

Dobber Sports Legend

I'm thinking the Sabres want Reinhart and I think the Panthers take Ekblad, which they should.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

florida either drafts ekblad or edmonton trades up and drafts ekblad leaving the panthers with bennet/reinhart + extra asset. i guess it all depends if florida wants a D or F, more than likely they just take ekblad, but i think the oilers will definitely try to move up.

as for islanders, i think they keep #5 and improve their team this offseason. halak?

Dobber Sports Ace

I totally agree with you Praba.

Everything you said in this post makes sense.

Administrator

Yeah, but who is New Jersey taking at 30?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, but who is New Jersey taking at 30?!?!
    I think Florida takes Ekblad. I think the Islanders would be foolish to give up a certain top-five pick for an unknown next year, but.....knowing Murray would love to have the #5 overall, is there any chance the Oilers would trade down to five (dman thrown in) giving the Sabres 2nd and 3rd overall??? Presumably Reinhart and Bennet
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I think Florida takes Ekblad. I think the Islanders would be foolish to give up a certain top-five pick for an unknown next year, but.....knowing Murray would love to have the #5 overall, is there any chance the Oilers would trade down to five (dman thrown in) giving the Sabres 2nd and 3rd overall??? Presumably Reinhart and Bennet
    None of these are answers to my question. I demand a refund.