Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Florida wins draft lottery.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: NHL Draft Lottery Odds

Florida. Boooo! Wish a low chance team won.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Florida wins draft lottery.

Did they say it was the 3rd year in a row that the second last place team has won the lottery? Good luck Florida.

Rylant

Default Re: Florida wins draft lottery.

Man if the Sabres didn't have shitty luck, they'd have no luck at all. So....do the NYI retain their 5th overall, or pass it to Buffalo?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: NHL Draft Lottery Odds

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Florida. Boooo! Wish a low chance team won.
    So, you mean if Edmonton hadn't won their last game, that Ryan Smyth blubberfest, Edmonton would have been in the slot Florida was in and won the first overall pick...again? That's mind-bottling.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

I merged Shakes "Lottery" thread with this won....
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Man if the Sabres didn't have shitty luck, they'd have no luck at all. So....do the NYI retain their 5th overall, or pass it to Buffalo?
    Ya gotta think that the Isles think they can do better next year with a healthy Tavares, a year older Strome and hey, what about some goaltending in the off-season? I'd say they retain their pick this year; yeah it's a gamble because next year is supposed to be the best draft year in a while (I hear this more often than it should be used!).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

I see Florida as having three options here:

1) Draft Bennett, and add a stud LW to the coffers
    2) Draft Ekblad, add a RH shot Dman to their blueline
    3) Trade the pick; trade down to a team like Edmonton who really wants Ekblad
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Banned

Florida takes Ekblad.
    Isles retain the pick, but they would be better off moving it for help on the blueline.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Ya gotta think that the Isles think they can do better next year with a healthy Tavares, a year older Strome and hey, what about some goaltending in the off-season? I'd say they retain their pick this year; yeah it's a gamble because next year is supposed to be the best draft year in a while (I hear this more often than it should be used!).
    I tend to agree. If ya got a top five, you take it. A lot can happen between now and 2015's draft, and if I'm the Islanders I am neither expecting nor presuming to have a top five next year.

No matter how "deep" next year's is presumed to be, i think ya take the bird in hand.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Florida takes Ekblad.
    Isles retain the pick, but they would be better off moving it for help on the blueline.
    I agree on Ekblad. You think the Isles retain and risk losing the 1st overall in the McDavid draft?? I'd be floored if they did that, although they make some of the worst decisions in the league.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Calgary Or Buffalo are getting Connor Mcdavid in 2015

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I agree on Ekblad. You think the Isles retain and risk losing the 1st overall in the McDavid draft?? I'd be floored if they did that, although they make some of the worst decisions in the league.
    Snow is a moron, but I can't see him admitting publically that he thinks his team will suck again next year... which giving up the pick would do.
    I also think that if the Isles can sign a true number one goalie and JT stays healthy that they will make the playoffs next year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it would be just dumb for the Isles to keep this pick and risk losing McDavid/Eichel. Sure they can hope for better goaltending but will probably have a worst first line (no Moulson or Vanek) and the Isles weren't really competing for a playoff spot before Tavares went down.

To the earlier poster, Bennett is definitively a C and not a LW.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think it would be just dumb for the Isles to keep this pick and risk losing McDavid/Eichel. Sure they can hope for better goaltending but will probably have a worst first line (no Moulson or Vanek) and the Isles weren't really competing for a playoff spot before Tavares went down.

To the earlier poster, Bennett is definitively a C and not a LW.

Isles are better without Moulsen or Vanek... their problem isn't scoring goals.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Isles are better without Moulsen or Vanek... their problem isn't scoring goals.
    lol 27Blue, I agree and disagree with you. I think the Isles would be better with either Moulson or Vanek and I agree that scoring goals isn't their problem. Nothing that a good goalie can't fix up...well that and a couple of top 4 D as well, but hey, what is an ex-backup goalie to do?