Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where does Hiller end up?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Where does Hiller end up?

He's clearly done in Anaheim, so where does he go next season, and is he a starter? Couple option I can think of

East

- Penguins, if Fluery chokes in the playoffs and they decide to go in a new direction

- Washington, if they don't re-sign Halak (clearly have lost confidence in Holtby)

- Islanders, as he is better than Nabokov. Are Nilsson/Poulin ready?

- Buffalo, who else do they have?

West

- St. Louis, if they don't re-sign Miller

- Minnesota, depending on their confidence in Kuemper, status of Harding

- Winnipeg, if they move on from Pavelec and don't like rolling with Montoya/Hutchinson

- Vancouver, if they don't want to go forward with Lack/Markstrom.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Where does Hiller end up?

Unless he gets a crazy offer from someone, I still think he will resign a short term deal in ANA. Maybe a 2 or 3 yr deal, to allow Gibson to intern under him.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Giant

I can see him in Vancouver. They can't afford a rebuild, but they also need a steady goalie for the next 4-5 years in order to pair up the veterans with younger players and still be competitive.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Unless he gets a crazy offer from someone, I still think he will resign a short term deal in ANA. Maybe a 2 or 3 yr deal, to allow Gibson to intern under him.
    Thats what Andersen is for? Hiller is almost certainly gone. I doubt Anaheim even tries to resign him.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'm not sure a top team is willing to risk throwing a prospect goalie into the fire for no reason. When things are going good, you don't want to make any unnecessary changes to mess with the team especially at goalie if you can help it. If you're a player, you want to play for a good team cause it's mostly about winning. It will all come down to money if he is moved this offseason.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Everything I hear points to Hiller leaving town, but it is interesting to think about it this way. If ANA lets Hiller walk they gain nothing. Andersen's trade value in the NHL is probably pretty decent right now -- they could sign hiller short term (2-3 year) and bring up Gibson while getting some return on Andersen.
    Look at how Hiller/Fasth worked out the year before. Fasth had a great year (much like Andersen this year) -- and now Fasth is gone and Hiller remains.

I guess time will tell.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    12 Team keeper Rotisserie league
    16 players per team (Keep 8)
    Daily starts: 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 2 G (no min/max games)
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, HITS, PPG, PPA, SOG, BLKS, Wins, GAA, SV%, SO

Forwards: J. Benn, E. Kane, E. Staal, N. MacKinnon, Hartnell, R. Johansen, Brouwer
    Defense: OEL, A. Pietrangelo, Streit, Gudas, Green, Giordano
    Goalies: Rinne, Crawford

Keepers in bold

Banned

Hiller won't sign a short-term deal anywhere if there are long-term deals on the table.
    Why would he sign for 2 years in Anaheim if the Isles are offering him 5 years (for example).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

There's a lot of "clearly" in that post that I don't think is so very "clear" at all.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Deity

It wouldn't surprise me to see Hiller and Miller swap teams at the end of the season. Anaheim is set up to win now and will want a veteran to steer their ship, and Miller has come out and said that he wants to go West to Cali to be closer to his actress wife. Makes sense and a good fit.

St Louis, like Anaheim, is built to win and will also not be ready to hand the starter keys to Jake Allen or Elliot. I can see them looking at Hiller and seeing what he will cost.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

By mid-season next year, Gibson is gonna be Anaheim true #1.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    By mid-season next year, Gibson is gonna be Anaheim true #1.
    Maybe you wish but the odds are not in favour of that happening. He's still young and despite his record over 3 games, still need to work on a lot of things. Almost certain he spends most of next year in the AHL.

Also, HIller is not re-signing with Anaheim. Why would he, given how he's being treated now and given that Anaheim will not offer anything more than 2 years with Andersen and Gibson around. There are enough teams in need of a goalie of his calibre and I'm sensing a 4-5 year deal will be offered.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see Hiller and Miller swap teams at the end of the season. Anaheim is set up to win now and will want a veteran to steer their ship, and Miller has come out and said that he wants to go West to Cali to be closer to his actress wife. Makes sense and a good fit.

St Louis, like Anaheim, is built to win and will also not be ready to hand the starter keys to Jake Allen or Elliot. I can see them looking at Hiller and seeing what he will cost.
    Miller will command a long-term contract at this stage of his career. Anaheim has Andersen and Gibson. Why would they commit a lot of money over at least 4-5 years for Miller? I wouldn't if I were the Ducks's GM>

Dobber Sports Veteran

Anaheim are going to be contenders for the next couple of years......they aren't going to just throw a couple of inexperienced goalies into the fire and hope for the best. I disagree that Hiller is 'clearly' on the way out, and think that there is a very good chance they sign him to a short term deal, that would be the smartest move. Andersson is your back-up, 1b, and Gibson seasons in the minors for another year or two.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    Anaheim are going to be contenders for the next couple of years......they aren't going to just throw a couple of inexperienced goalies into the fire and hope for the best. I disagree that Hiller is 'clearly' on the way out, and think that there is a very good chance they sign him to a short term deal, that would be the smartest move. Andersson is your back-up, 1b, and Gibson seasons in the minors for another year or two.
    You are looking at it from Anaheim's perspective and completely disregarding Hiller's. Why would Hiller take that deal when as has been pointed out, there are more than a few teams that will be in the market for goaltending.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    And who is Anaheim, the contender, starting in the playoffs this year? It isn't Hiller.

EDIT: and by the way, Andersen has much better numbers than Hiller this year and has played enough to expect him to have the capability of a number one. I think one of the reasons Anaheim is not starting Hiller (in addition to the fact that Hiller is just aweful now) now is that they want to see what they've got in Andersen. If he plays well in these playoffs, it's good-bye Hiller, for sure.