Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jack Eichel

Dobber Sports Novice

Question Jack Eichel

Can you guys tell me about him ? Projections/forecasts, playing style, players he kind of reminds you of. He seems to be mounting a bit of a challenge to McDavid, that's mighty high prasie. Deserved or over hyped ? Would love to know your thoughts on him and what you thought of his play this season. Thanks !

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Jack Eichel

Next season... the Dobber forums are going to set records for the use of the words "inactive", "tank", "tanking", and "penalty".
    Good mercy, I'd hate to be a commissioner in keeper fantasy league next year... oh wait, oh dear. I hear the league rule book calling.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tedduf View Post
    Can you guys tell me about him ? Projections/forecasts, playing style, players he kind of reminds you of. He seems to be mounting a bit of a challenge to McDavid, that's mighty high prasie. Deserved or over hyped ? Would love to know your thoughts on him and what you thought of his play this season. Thanks !
    He's extremely good, probably would be first overall this year, but any talk of him challenging McJesus is people trying to create drama for next years draft. He's just not that close.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Next season... the Dobber forums are going to set records for the use of the words "inactive", "tank", "tanking", and "penalty".
    Good mercy, I'd hate to be a commissioner in keeper fantasy league next year... oh wait, oh dear. I hear the league rule book calling.
    I'm already collecting first round picks
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Administrator

I'm already tanking. And my pool is a one-year league.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Pro

Don't get me wrong as good as Eichel is he isn't on the same level as McDavid. Like another poster said, anyone suggesting that is just trying to create drama for the draft. Next year's draft is very strong though, McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Barzal, White, etc.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    Don't get me wrong as good as Eichel is he isn't on the same level as McDavid. Like another poster said, anyone suggesting that is just trying to create drama for the draft. Next year's draft is very strong though, McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Barzal, White, etc.
    Don't forget Konecny, should challenge for a top-3 selection.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Honestly, I didn't forget about him I see him more challenging for a top 5 selection then a top 3. I believe the top 3 will be some combination of McDavid, Eichel, Hanifin, Barzal.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    I think you're wrong as Eichel is a legitimate challenger for McDavid. He's behind McDavid at this point but he's a true competitor and will push him all next year. Anyone suggesting it's McDavid vs. Eichel is not for just "drama".

14 months away, consensus is that it's McDavid 1st and Eichel 2nd but next year is going to be fun watching these two.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Konecny is a great player and arguably, the most hungry prospect next year but he's considered more a potential Top 10 pick at this point.

For now, It's McDavid, Eichel and Hanifin at the top

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    I think you're wrong as Eichel is a legitimate challenger for McDavid. He's behind McDavid at this point but he's a true competitor and will push him all next year. Anyone suggesting it's McDavid vs. Eichel is not for just "drama".

14 months away, consensus is that it's McDavid 1st and Eichel 2nd but next year is going to be fun watching these two.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Jack Eichel and he's a fantastic player who can push McDavid all season but I also believe that McDavid will elevate his game along with it. Obviously every team and every person are going to evaluate players differently so people having Eichel ranked over McDavid is bound to happen. I also think that people who have three seasons in the spotlight like McDavid did, will get nitpicked too much and people will begin to look for flaws. I think that will be the case with McDavid next year, where a guy like Eichel even though he's been a top prospect for this draft for a few years hasn't had the exposure McDavid has and won't have as many chances to be nitpicked.

It really is apples to oranges at this point, I can see where people value Eichel over McDavid but to me it's McDavid and then Eichel and that's how I think it'll be come draft time next season. However at this age prospects develop so rapidly that one of them may explode and show that they're even better then they are now and not even make it a discussion, whether that be Eichel or McDavid, or even somebody else is yet to be seen and it'll be a lot of fun watching draft eligible prospects this coming year!

Dobber Sports Ace

For what it's worth I got a chance to see them play each other in Sweden, and after the tournament, I left preferring Eichel's game. Not saying I would take him over McDavid if I had a choice of the two at number 1, but saying that I would certainly listen to offers from the guy with the #2 pick, because to me it's (at least with a year to go) close enough that Eichel + a decent asset would be preferable to McDavid. Going to be very curious to see them in their draft year, it's so hard to tell when they are underage and used more sparingly, but after one live viewing, I preferred Eichel.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the big issue when you compare Eichel to McDavid comes down to visibility.

McDavid is seen as the stronger player because of the high profile he receives playing in the OHL, versus Eichel who rarely gets seen playing in the USTDP.

I dont think the gap between them is as great as many think.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

with all the mcdavid hype, he would have to seriously **** up to lose #1 overall to eichel. but a year is a long time so it could happen, but i doubt it. #tankseason

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ccsitdown View Post
    For what it's worth I got a chance to see them play each other in Sweden, and after the tournament, I left preferring Eichel's game. Not saying I would take him over McDavid if I had a choice of the two at number 1, but saying that I would certainly listen to offers from the guy with the #2 pick, because to me it's (at least with a year to go) close enough that Eichel + a decent asset would be preferable to McDavid. Going to be very curious to see them in their draft year, it's so hard to tell when they are underage and used more sparingly, but after one live viewing, I preferred Eichel.
    right now i would still lean McDavid, but i 100% agree with this. Eichel looked like the most impressive guy on his U20 team... which is crazy. that said, that comes with caveats: he's more developed physically and had a coach that used him better.