Thread: EA Sports NHL 14 Playoff Simulator

I...am your father.

Default EA Sports NHL 14 Playoff Simulator

EA Sports sent me this. Seems feasible!

NHL 14 Playoff Simulation

Stanley Cup Finals

- The Boston Bruins return to the Stanley Cup Finals for their second straight year and beat the San Jose Sharks in 6 games to win their second Cup in four years.

- Tuukka Rask wins the Conn Smythe Trophy finishing the playoffs with an outstanding 1.56 GAA and .948 SV% with 4 shutouts.

- Jarome Iginla wins his first Stanley Cup!

Other notable storylines include:

- In the first round, franchise goalies Carey Price and Henrik Lundqvist both lead their teams to 4-0 game sweeps.

- In the second round, the Blackhawks’ dreams of a Stanley Cup repeat came to an end with a heartbreaking game seven loss to the young and talented Avalanche.

- In the third round, the city of Boston and New York once again go head-to-head. The series went to a game seven overtime – where Patrice Bergeron was once again clutch for the Bruins, scoring five minutes into OT.

A simulation is conducted by artificial intelligence or logic of the videogame that uses real-life data from each player. Results are extrapolated by the videogame when two teams match up based on player ratings, line combinations, and include variances such as injuries and hot streaks to give a realistic outcome of a game or series.

About NHL 14

Powered by the best EA SPORTS technology on this generation of consoles, NHL 14 delivers hockey at its finest with big hits, real fights, and unbelievable speed and skill. EGM scored NHL 14 a 9.5/10 and labeled it “an all-time great,” while IGN asserted that the game is “the most authentic hockey experience ever.” NHL 14 is now available at retail stores throughout North America and Europe on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: EA Sports NHL 14 Playoff Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Other notable storylines include:
    - In the first round, franchise goalies Carey Price and Henrik Lundqvist both lead their teams to 4-0 game sweeps.
    Everything is feasible... except this line above.

TB & MON split their four game season series with the first three decided 2-1... in extra times!
    So the teams are very close.
    I actually see TB as that NCAA Cinderella type team that doesn't know it's not supposed to keep advancing. Dan-ger-oux!

Philly... swept by the Rags?!?
    Fah-get-about-it.
    PHI has way too much grit for the dainty Rags.
    They are going to win at least two games in this series by pure muscle.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Would be good to see the whole simulation.

My notables

- Dallas wins over Anaheim in the first round.

- TBay beats MTL

- I also had SJ/Bos as my final, with Boston winning.

Administrator

Until EA gets a category for heart/clutch factors then the Sharks will always outperform in the simulator.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Until EA gets a category for heart/clutch factors then the Sharks will always outperform in the simulator.
    Good point

Pengwin - if regular season records meant something, then the Senators would have two Cups. If Price is hot, TB is toast. If he's not, then the Habs are toast. If he's 'okay' then it's going to 7 games. Pretty simple, and we don't know which way he'll go.

And I trust Steve Mason to steal a win about as much as I trust Gaborik to play 82 games next year!

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

This is great, I was looking for this. I find it interesting to see how close EA gets it. I recently was looking at their pre-season predictions. Pretty cool:

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news-upd...-14-season-sim
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Giant

Bah, EA gets it wrong. Cinderella = Habs

Bruins lose in the second round so anything after that in this simulation is a pure videogame outcome
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Stud

Here is there NHL13 prediction. Pretty good. I think they got the West perfect, no?

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2013...eat-blackhawks
    16 Team H2H League (Keep 6)
    3C - 3LW - 3RW - 6D - 2G

2013 1st place, 2014 1st place, 2015 1st place
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, HIT, BLK GS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    C= Stall, Marchessault, Hayes, Suzuki
    LW= Svechnikov, Goodrow, DeBrusk,
    RW= P.Kane, Kucherov, Fiala, Johnson
    D= Rielly, Borowieki, Fowler, Hagg, Murphy
    G= Demko, Samsonov, Jarry, Allen, Shesterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If Price is hot, TB is toast. If he's not, then the Habs are toast. If he's 'okay' then it's going to 7 games. Pretty simple, and we don't know which way he'll go.
    For the guy that likes to award points for being BOLD... you sure covered all your bases with this line.
    As for Mason... I suppose your memory forgets how far the Flyers went one year riding... (wait for it)... Brian Boucher AND Michael Leighton!!!

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    For the guy that likes to award points for being BOLD... you sure covered all your bases with this line.
    As for Mason... I suppose your memory forgets how far the Flyers went one year riding... (wait for it)... Brian Boucher AND Michael Leighton!!!
    touche!

I don't touch playoffs though. At the draft, I'll focus on two teams and with my last three picks I'll take the top players from whatever underdog still has been untouched (CBJ, DAL, MIN?). After that it's just luck

Dobber Sports Demi-God

At the draft, I'll focus on two teams and with my last three picks I'll take the top players from whatever underdog still has been untouched (CBJ, DAL, MIN?). After that it's just luck
    Dude... what are you talking about?
    Are you looking at some other thread about playoff pools and posting in this thread?
    Is there some invisible post in here where we started discussing playoff pool strategy??

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Dude... what are you talking about?
    Are you looking at some other thread about playoff pools and posting in this thread?
    Is there some invisible post in here where we started discussing playoff pool strategy??
    He's got a case of Dobberitis! I sometimes post my intended replies in business emails at work; it happens to the best of us!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay