Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Massive Trade Offer for Next Season

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Massive Trade Offer for Next Season

i'm thinking you do the deal, may be the only chance you have at getting Crosby, Lehner is going to be the starter in 2 years as Anderson's contract expires next year, so Ottawa will be transitioning over to him next year. With Varly you have a stud and you can see what happens to Holtby over summer. You could also draft Fasth to lock up the Edm goaltending ( Edm has to be better next year). You have a chance to get Crosby - 2 years from now you will be the one smiling and deal will look like a no brainer.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Um...we're still talking the best player in the world and giving up a inconsistent yet very good Giroux and the same could be said for Price. Not to long ago he was getting the big Stink eye in MTL and by his fantasy owners.

I don't know man...Personally... and especially after a win...I'd look at my team and ask how I could make it better.

Bring in the best player in the word year in and year out? CHECK
    Give up an extremely good, perhaps top 5 to 10 goalie on some years...10 to 15 other years? CHECK

Take a Risk on Varly and a return to form with Holtby? Check (I heard it before...Varly needs to start being legitimately considered a top 10 tender moving forward esp on an young and ever improving Av's team.

Strome and Skinner are non factors for me.

If it where me and I had just won my league...and had a chance to land Crosby and unite him with J.T. and Stamkos (pretty much giving you 3 of the top 4 skaters available in the NHL?...I'm taking that shot...and definitely not screwing the offer up by countering with what you where thinking of (substantial low ball counter and as the Crosby owner...I'd probably break off talks.

Then my keepers would be...

Damn...that has potential Champ written all over for the next few years IMO

Forwards Stamkos, Tavares, Crosby, Kessel, P. Kane, Duchene, Wheeler, Okposo, Scheifele, Nichushkin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    Defensemen Hedman, Rielly, Barrie,
    Goalie Varlamov, Holtby, Lehner

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If goaltending is at such a premium, I'm not sure losing Price to upgrade Giroux to Crosby is worth it
    9 team points only keeper, no position. Count top 12 skaters and 1 goalie. Keep 16

S: Crosby, Vanek, Pavelski, St Louis, Thornton, Marleau, Karlsson, Letang, Iginla, Elias, Simmonds, Atkinson, Marchand, Lindholm, Hornqvist, Wilson, Pietrangelo

G: Rask, Schneider, Bishop

8 team Yahoo H2H - Keep 17: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,+/-, PIM,Hits,S,FW...W,L,GAA,SV%,S/O

C: Giroux (C,RW), Seguin (C,LW), Benn (C,LW), Johansen (C, RW), Filpulla (C, LW) Kopitar, Bozak, Bjustad, Monahan
    W: E. Kane, Kunitz, Palat, Tarasenko, Saad, Komorov
    D: Hedman, Franson, Trouba, Reilly, Letang, Brodie, Vatanen
    G: Rask, Lundqvist, Andersen
    P: Gibson, Allen, Klingberg

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would probably make this move

there will always be an opportunity to get another Price, who knows when the next time the league will see another Crosby is

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max