Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 easy questions !

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default 3 easy questions !

3 questions, info in sig :

1) In order, witch goaltender would you keep (and why if you have the time) : Luongo, Fleury, Markstrom and Bishop
    2) Witch 3 forward in this group would you keep (and why if you have the time) : Nyquist, Vanek, Hartnell, Dubinsky, Stewart, Okposo, Granlund, Grigorenko, Silfverberg, Brunner, Connoly and Tarasenko
    3) Would you keep Letang (and why if you have the time) :
    10Player(17keeper+20farm)
    G,Hit,SB,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,GWG,SOG,W,Sv%,GAA,SHO,S

Forward : Ericksson,Lucic,Landeskog,Hartnell,Vanek,Dubinsky, Paajarvis,Clune,Beleskey,Crosby,Backstrom,Malkin,B ackes,Giroux,Grigorenko,Nyquist,Grabovski,Forsberg ,Granlund,Henrique,Shinkaruk,Jarnkrok,Brunner,Wenn berg,Iginla,Stewart,Niederreiter,Silverberg,Connol y,Vey,Hartman,Ovechkin,Eberle,Tarasenko,Okposo

Denfense : Carle,Diaz,Gormley,Reinhart,Ekholm,Vatanen,Gudas,Z adorov,Weber,Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,

Goaltender : Fleury,Bishop,Markstrom,Luongo,Halak

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: 3 easy questions !

Quote Originally Posted by Linxys View Post

1) In order, witch goaltender would you keep (and why if you have the time) : Luongo, Fleury, Markstrom and Bishop
    2) Witch 3 forward in this group would you keep (and why if you have the time) : Nyquist, Vanek, Hartnell, Dubinsky, Stewart, Okposo, Granlund, Grigorenko, Silfverberg, Brunner, Connoly and Tarasenko
    1) Assuming Fleury gets lit up in playoffs.... Bishop, Luongo, Fleury, Markstrom. As for why: Bishop is behind a great, up and coming team and will be the starter. Luongo plays for a weak team but should post a good save % and lots of saves, with the chance of Florida getting better over the years. If Fleury gets traded I slot him in 3rd, and I just have 0 faith in Markstrom at the NHL level.
    2) Highly dependent on how close you are to competing. Vanek, Okposo, Nyquist would be my picks.
    3) I would keep him because he has high upside, but I'd rather trade him as he is about as much of a bandaid boy as they come. Pittsburgh also has some talented D men developing and they could take over in the future.

Dobber Sports Guru

1) Fleury. He's going to get you wins, which is most important. And he was top 10 in saves and shutouts. I don't care how he does in the playoffs when it comes to regular season pools.

2) Some of it depends where players end up, such as Vanek. But if you're going for the win next season, I'd go Hartnell (solid in multi-leagues), Nyquist (young exciting player that will get some good ice time next year) and then Vanek or Okposo, depending where Vanek goes. If you're rebuilding, Nyquist, Tarasenko, Granlund.

3) I would keep Letang. Treat him like a 40-point player, and you'll be fine. If he does better, great. If he gets 40, you won't be disappointed.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    1) Fleury. He's going to get you wins, which is most important. And he was top 10 in saves and shutouts. I don't care how he does in the playoffs when it comes to regular season pools.
    The issue though is that if he does get lit up in playoffs, I see Pittsburgh being forced to trade him next year.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    The issue though is that if he does get lit up in playoffs, I see Pittsburgh being forced to trade him next year.
    Perhaps, but he has a limited no trade clause, so he can submit a list of where he would like to be traded. No idea how many teams he has to put on the list, but if he didn't want to go, all he's got to do is list Boston, Montreal, Chicago, L.A., etc.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Veteran

Perhaps, but he has a limited no trade clause, so he can submit a list of where he would like to be traded. No idea how many teams he has to put on the list, but if he didn't want to go, all he's got to do is list Boston, Montreal, Chicago, L.A., etc.
    True, but I also don't believe in those very much. Most players, if the team wants them to leave, their hand is sort of forced. Lets say he plays hardball... then what? Well, then he can get used to riding the pine until he loosens up and expands his list.

I don't know, I think this playoffs is sort of his do-or-die moment.

Dobber Sports Stud

2) Some of it depends where players end up, such as Vanek. But if you're going for the win next season, I'd go Hartnell (solid in multi-leagues), Nyquist (young exciting player that will get some good ice time next year) and then Vanek or Okposo, depending where Vanek goes. If you're rebuilding, Nyquist, Tarasenko, Granlund.

3) I would keep Letang. Treat him like a 40-point player, and you'll be fine. If he does better, great. If he gets 40, you won't be disappointed.
    This pretty much sums up what I would have said. Fleury and Bishop are pretty much a toss up but Bishop has had quite a few injuries lately. If I had to pick one I would keep Fleury.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    1) Assuming Fleury gets lit up in playoffs.... Bishop, Luongo, Fleury, Markstrom. As for why: Bishop is behind a great, up and coming team and will be the starter. Luongo plays for a weak team but should post a good save % and lots of saves, with the chance of Florida getting better over the years. If Fleury gets traded I slot him in 3rd, and I just have 0 faith in Markstrom at the NHL level.
    2) Highly dependent on how close you are to competing. Vanek, Okposo, Nyquist would be my picks.
    3) I would keep him because he has high upside, but I'd rather trade him as he is about as much of a bandaid boy as they come. Pittsburgh also has some talented D men developing and they could take over in the future.
    When are your protections due?
    I agree with above but if you can wait and see how Fleury does in playoffs then I would move him to top of list if he performs well. Okay with forwards as Hartnell is starting to get up there in age and he could probably be redrafted.
    Keep Letang - upside too good and they will be monitoring his health very closely. Same as Fleury if you can wait till after playoffs and see how he does.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

I got until the april 30.

Forward : Ericksson,Lucic,Landeskog,Hartnell,Vanek,Dubinsky, Paajarvis,Clune,Beleskey,Crosby,Backstrom,Malkin,B ackes,Giroux,Grigorenko,Nyquist,Grabovski,Forsberg ,Granlund,Henrique,Shinkaruk,Jarnkrok,Brunner,Wenn berg,Iginla,Stewart,Niederreiter,Silverberg,Connol y,Vey,Hartman,Ovechkin,Eberle,Tarasenko,Okposo

Denfense : Carle,Diaz,Gormley,Reinhart,Ekholm,Vatanen,Gudas,Z adorov,Weber,Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,

Dobber Sports Superstar

I got until the april 30.
    This gives you time to evaluate Fleury in playoffs, if they are in or out at this time it should make your decision easier, either way, same as with Letang.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

1. Fleury, Bishop, Luongo, Markstrom. Fleury has always been a solid regular season goalie - which is all that matters in 99% of fantasy hockey leagues.
    2. Witch? Witch? Where - oh no! Vanek/Nyquist/Hartnell. Dubinsky is a fringe keeper... I also think you can redraft him based on the CBJ option. Okposo is a consideration as well. Tough call. Very close in value.
    3. Keep Letang? C'mon... that's one option. What's the other option?

My head hurts.

Dobber Sports Titan

Bishop cause he has taken that step towards elite-hood if you will. He’s always projected to do well base on his size. I’d debate Luongo if saves were a category. And if was a point’s league (5points for a W) I would be tempted for Fleury. But I’d still take Bishop

Nyquist – Wasn’t a believer, now I am. He’s shown me he can continuously score
    Okposo – he will benefit from having Tavares back next year
    Tarasenko *– He will have a crazy +/- and he was producing well before his injury

I think it depends on my team. I think I would though. But treat him like a 40pt defenseman with a large upside. I’m hesitant to go out and try and acquire him in my league based on him being a Band-Aid. I would argue he’s a keeper on some teams, and if he’s not kept, he’d be a high draft pick. He’d help out a lot on shots; he is at something like 100 even with missing 45 games (220 over 82 games). Which puts him up with james neal, ryan kesler, Matt Duchene, Wheeler. I would take the chance on Letang, you’re strong enough on the back end to take the risk
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Giant

1) Fleury (age, team and talent), Bishop (age, skills showcased this year, size), Luongo (skills), Markstrom (youth and potential)

2) Nyquist (age, responsibilities, skills showcased this year), Hartnell (multi-cat), Okposo (age, linemate, showed potential was real this year)...Vanek was the toughest drop here

3) I would keep Letang; he is a great all-around D on a spectacularly talented offensive squad and he has the main powerplay responsibilities. Don't let HIS health scare scare YOU.
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Guru

1) In order, witch goaltender would you keep (and why if you have the time) : Fleury then BIshop. I trust Fleury and the Pens more going forward than I do the lightning.
    2) Witch 3 forward in this group would you keep (and why if you have the time) : Nyquist, Vanek, Okposo,
    3) Would you keep Letang (and why if you have the time) : YES you already have great D and if Letang stays healthy you are laughing.
    My answers are bolded

Thank you all for the answers keep them coming I give rep.