Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Barry Trotz will not return as Predators' coach

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Re: Barry Trotz will not return as Predators' coach

Now the Preds just need to deal Weber to Philly and the Death Star will be complete and fully operational...
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Now the Preds just need to deal Weber to Philly and the Death Star will be complete and fully operational...
    Im afraid this might happen. Perhaps not to philly though, but I think Weber is going to get traded.

Poile needs to go as well now, we need a clean start

Banned

One thing is for sure. Without Poile leaving as well, I have a tough time believing that Nashville is REALLY going in a new direction.

Dobber Sports Monster

Take it for what it's worth, but in Poile's presser he confirms he will not trade Weber.

Banned

Yeah I heard that too. Weber only has what, 1 year left I believe? So I am positive that he will trade him next season as I don't believe Weber wants to stay unless we become a contender REAL fast.

If he chooses to let Suter & Weber walk for free the guy needs to get canned immediately.

But this is just rambling towards the future

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Yeah I heard that too. Weber only has what, 1 year left I believe? So I am positive that he will trade him next season as I don't believe Weber wants to stay unless we become a contender REAL fast.

If he chooses to let Suter & Weber walk for free the guy needs to get canned immediately.

What do you mean? Wasn't Weber's contract for like 14 years?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by dodospice View Post
    I'd love to see the Leafs fire Carlyle and hire Trotz.
    Totally agree with this. I was hoping it would have been done today at the Leafs press conference.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

weber's getting ANOTHER payday? he'll be able to buy the preds if this keeps up lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    weber's getting ANOTHER payday? he'll be able to buy the preds if this keeps up lol
    sorry, that was an obvious mistake on my part.. The kid is signed through 2026. Not sure how I missed that haha

- - - Updated - - -

Doulos
    ya my bad! not sure how I missed that

Dobber Sports Initiate

Are all the people who want him in Toronto Bernier owners, or do they just have really fierce rivalries with Kessel's owner and want him to suffer?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Take it for what it's worth, but in Poile's presser he confirms he will not trade Weber.
    Thanks for sharing. That said, I don't trust anything a professional sports GM says, especially on the day of letting his long-term coach go. Poile certainly isn't going to come out and say, "I'm going to look at all options, including moving Shea Weber, to improve the club." A Weber deal would be a complex deal that will take all summer to materialize (if it were to even happen). Poile isn't going to tip his hand because he was questioned, no way Jose.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Master

With the egos in that dressing room, I'm not sure Trotz is going to Toronto.. or if he does, that they will be that successful. There should be more than a handful or so of vacancies by the time the playoffs are over.. WPG is a good fit, despite Maurice being a decent fit himself for that team. Trotz could also do Vancouver... I don't see WSH as a good fit, unless they want to trade Ovechkin. Gulp..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Banned

People need to stop saying Trotz would reduce offense wherever he goes. No offensive player will regress if he became their coach. The Preds actually scored a lot this year.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    People need to stop saying Trotz would reduce offense wherever he goes. No offensive player will regress if he became their coach. The Preds actually scored a lot this year.
    Yeah. I mean, a good coach is flexible. If Trotz had the big guns to ride he'd probably have rode them.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah. I mean, a good coach is flexible. If Trotz had the big guns to ride he'd probably have rode them.
    I'm surprised that team even scored goals, given the personnel.. They wore down teams and feasted on mistakes, while mounting a Spartan like defence. That's how they won... If they had had themselves a Patrick Kane or John Tavares or two, it'd be different... but due to their success and ability/desire to go for it every year, they often traded 1st round picks to load up at the deadline or just did too well to draft in the top 10. They did really really well considering their roster/past draft positions / ability to attract any free agents and a lot of credit has to go to Trotz. You could see Poile didn't want to do it and knows the replacement likely won't be any better. It'll be different, but not necessarily any better. Unless the player personnel gets an overhaul.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck