Default Re: Champions Lounge 2013-14

I'm jealous.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Guys! The bouncer won't let me in! He says 4th place is for schmucks!
    To quote the great Ricky Bobby: "If you ain't first, you're last."
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva Blaster View Post
    To quote the great Ricky Bobby: "If you ain't first, you're last."
    Just keep in mind that the same guy wore a blindfold and drove into a house.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Do we count regular season championships?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Legend

This was an up-and-down year for me in fantasy.

The good news: I won my "big" league, the one I've been commissioning since 1994. It's my favorite league so I'm happy with this win. The last Championship I won in this league was 5 years ago, so it was a long time coming.

The bad news: In two other leagues my teams dominated all season long (finishing 1st overall in one and 2nd overall in the other) and I lost both in the playoffs. The one league was a fairly large sum of money league and my team was poised to cash in and I got swept in the 1st Round - that stung a lot. In the other - a Daily H2H Roto, I made it to the Finals and lost on the last day of the Championship - thanks in part to the Pens sitting Crosby (2 weeks ago).

A 4th league was a "jersey league" where the winner gets a custom jersey of their choice. My team was red hot heading into the playoffs and I was ousted by a huge underdog. In a few other Leagues I finished mid-pack to top of the score card but bailed early in the playoffs.

Cheers to all the Champs!
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Ninja

Okay, so I finished tied for first in my most important money league ($600 to the winner) and I LOSE on the tiebreaker - Points. Argh! This is a team that has Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel (those last 10 games, he might as well have been injured), along with Ovechkin, who mailed it in for most of the games after the Olympics, Subban (poor last 10 games), Evander Kane and finally Kris Letang! Ugh.

So, basically, I lose $300 due mainly to those players mentioned above tanking at the end of the year. Oh well, I still made a decent amount of money, but I was really amped to win that damn league.

...and the whining stops.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Do we count regular season championships?
    Of course! My league doesn't have playoffs anyway... You could say it's soccer style that way.

Congrats to everyone and to the party crashers, better luck next year! I finished 6th in a league I should have been likely 3rd or so in.. injuries sometimes just rob us blind...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Okay, so I finished tied for first in my most important money league ($600 to the winner) and I LOSE on the tiebreaker - Points. Argh! This is a team that has Patrick Kane and Phil Kessel (those last 10 games, he might as well have been injured), along with Ovechkin, who mailed it in for most of the games after the Olympics, Subban (poor last 10 games), Evander Kane and finally Kris Letang! Ugh.

So, basically, I lose $300 due mainly to those players mentioned above tanking at the end of the year. Oh well, I still made a decent amount of money, but I was really amped to win that damn league.

...and the whining stops.
    Good argument to have your league (or all leagues) finish a week early.. But then again, the teams in a dog fight rode their stars... Can't explain the Ovechkin, Subban suckiness... For Letang, that's just horrible luck.
    Blades of Steel

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

I won the 14-team keeper league in sig for a 3rd straight year, and it has some very solid GMs so quite pleased.

My opponent ran into some injury problems, notably Bishop in the 2nd finals week, which allowed me to mount a huge comeback, but my guys also pointed nicely when the chips were down that last week - MVP was Shea Weber I'd say, what a beast, but huge contributions from Lundqvist, Kopitar, Getzlaf, Gaborik and Pominville.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Of course! My league doesn't have playoffs anyway... You could say it's soccer style that way.

Congrats to everyone and to the party crashers, better luck next year! I finished 6th in a league I should have been likely 3rd or so in.. injuries sometimes just rob us blind...
    Yipee! That league was all about the consolation prize for me. Got my entry fee for running away with the regular season. Then got bounced in round one because Ovechkin packed it in after the Olympics. Then I ploughed my way to the fifth place consolation championship worth exactly zero dollars. Still fun to keep at it.

I did also claim a share of the first prize in a salary cap points-only league that I picked at the start of the year. Made a huge comeback to erase an eight-point deficit in the final four days and tie things up on the final day. So those winnings will be nice.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yipee! That league was all about the consolation prize for me. Got my entry fee for running away with the regular season. Then got bounced in round one because Ovechkin packed it in after the Olympics. Then I ploughed my way to the fifth place consolation championship worth exactly zero dollars. Still fun to keep at it.

I did also claim a share of the first prize in a salary cap points-only league that I picked at the start of the year. Made a huge comeback to erase an eight-point deficit in the final four days and tie things up on the final day. So those winnings will be nice.

Well done Steve. Love the last day charges... I won my first reg season keeper title that way, final day, 4 pt win. I also lost one that way. If I hadn't it'd be 4 in a row for me, instead of 3 of the last 4.. But you could easily argue I shouldn't have won that first one, so it's all taken in stride..
    Blades of Steel

Saros, Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Game on! Let's raise the banners and go defend our championships!
    12 H2H w/ daily changes. G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,Sv%. Keep 6 players
    C (2): Karlsson, Kadri, Reinhart (RW), Eichel (IR), Byfield (IR)
    LW (2): Hall, Stuetzle, van Reimsdyk, Hughes (IR)
    RW (2): Ehlers (LW), Gaudreau (LW), Rust (IR)
    D (3): Barrie, Petry, Dahlin, Gostisbehere, Dunn, Dobson, Andersson
    Util (2)
    G (2): Shesterkin, Mike Smith, Merzlikins, Koskinen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So full disclosure...I tend to be a little impulsive/obsessive when it comes to drafting...in 2013/14 I competed in a total of 19 leagues:

11 Yahoo Leagues (10 roto and 1 H2H in 5 private and 6 public leagues under 2 Yahoo IDs): First Place = 6 teams (incl. 1 winner and 1 $$$ league), Second Place = 3 teams, Third Place = 1 team ($$$ league), 7th Place = 1 team (goaltending was this issue on that team)

4 ESPN Leagues (1 private and 3 public, 3 Roto and 1 H2H): First Place = 2 teams, Second Place = 2 teams

I tend to 'experiment' in the public leagues with different drafting strategies. This year I'm going with an even 20 teams.

4 CBS Leagues (all public incl. 2 $$$ leagues): First Place = 2, Second Place = 1, Fourth Place = 1
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRinks View Post
    So full disclosure...I tend to be a little impulsive/obsessive when it comes to drafting...in 2013/14 I competed in a total of 19 leagues:

11 Yahoo Leagues (10 roto and 1 H2H in 5 private and 6 public leagues under 2 Yahoo IDs): First Place = 6 teams (incl. 1 winner and 1 $$$ league), Second Place = 3 teams, Third Place = 1 team ($$$ league), 7th Place = 1 team (goaltending was this issue on that team)

4 ESPN Leagues (1 private and 3 public, 3 Roto and 1 H2H): First Place = 2 teams, Second Place = 2 teams

I tend to 'experiment' in the public leagues with different drafting strategies. This year I'm going with an even 20 teams.

4 CBS Leagues (all public incl. 2 $$$ leagues): First Place = 2, Second Place = 1, Fourth Place = 1
    Public, shmublic... you've graduated from public leagues.
    Your showing in the Rocky Horror Roto Show will determine your place among "us".
    Don't slip, my friend.
    (btw. I'll be coming for you in the Iron League. Won't be like my dismal goalie-goalie experimental draft last year where I fnished 4th.)